Login

russian armor

When to use Mark Target?

4 Sep 2014, 14:53 PM

I usually forget that I have this ability when I take a commander with it.

What does it do and when do I use this ability? Thanks
4 Sep 2014, 15:29 PM
Patrion 14

It temporarily increases the damage done to a vehicle. So use it when you're fighting something heavy like a Tiger, or if you want to get the edge in a fight that would otherwise be 50/50. Bear in mind that it only increases damage done, and not penetration (iirc), so if you're not dealing enough damage to a target because you're simply not penetrating, it won't help you.
4 Sep 2014, 17:40 PM

It temporarily increases the damage done to a vehicle. So use it when you're fighting something heavy like a Tiger, or if you want to get the edge in a fight that would otherwise be 50/50. Bear in mind that it only increases damage done, and not penetration (iirc), so if you're not dealing enough damage to a target because you're simply not penetrating, it won't help you.

I'm not exactly sure, but i'm pretty sure it increases incoming penetration as well as incoming damage (I've noticed K-Ts get penned from the front by T34/85s as if the K-T was a hoe getting slapped up by the pimp that is T34/85s when the K-Ts under mark target).

It increases incoming damage on the marked tank by 25% (Which is huge in an equal engagement). It gives you an almost unfair way to very easily kill extremely heavy tanks. It's a pretty sweet ability for 80 munitions.
4 Sep 2014, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2014, 17:40 PMAlbus

I'm not exactly sure, but i'm pretty sure it increases incoming penetration as well as incoming damage (I've noticed K-Ts get penned from the front by T34/85s as if the K-T was a hoe getting slapped up by the pimp that is T34/85s when the K-Ts under mark target).

It increases incoming damage on the marked tank by 25% (Which is huge in an equal engagement). It gives you an almost unfair way to very easily kill extremely heavy tanks. It's a pretty sweet ability for 80 munitions.

Nope, mark target only increases damage done, not the penetration chance.
4 Sep 2014, 17:53 PM

its actually a 35% damage bonus. it doesnt affect accuracy or penetration. i does give that unit a high target priority though.
4 Sep 2014, 18:20 PM

It's a nice ability and your priority should be to use it on high value tanks like the Tiger, King Tiger, Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger, Elephant and high vetted Panthers.

The best usage of this ability is to place it on tanks that you are absolutely sure you will kill or tanks that you want the enemy to keep behind the frontline so you can advance forward. It's a nice combo to use it in conjuntion with artillery.

Never use it on retreating tanks that are already damaged and you have no chance on taking out.
4 Sep 2014, 18:50 PM
Donator 11

Another thing to remember is that this ability is sustained by a spotter plane. Please, someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the effect is terminated when the plane is shot down.
4 Sep 2014, 18:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Not true I believe it's timed

You use it to kill hard targets, preferably by first ensuring they cannot get away, which you do by one or more of:

Mines

Button

AT Grenades

Swarming and Pinning

It doesn't stack if more than one player marks the same target I believe, and it applies to ALL damage not just yours , so you can throw it into a fight you are not even involved in
5 Sep 2014, 06:52 AM
Donator 11

The plane got no effect onto the duration of that ability, it depends onto the time duration

Don't know if it is a bug or a feature
5 Sep 2014, 08:22 AM
Patrion 14

The plane does provide some LoS on the marked target though, and that stops when the plane is shot down.
9 Sep 2014, 09:09 AM
Patrion 28

lasts for a 30 seconds or minute. i think it's OP right now (mostly because of duration) but it's an incredibly strong ability either way.

as for when to use it, whenever you're attacking a tank with hard AT.
9 Sep 2014, 12:07 PM

Pop it onto a King Tiger, Pin it down with guards and you have an easy kill for any anti-tank weapon
23 Sep 2014, 14:29 PM

Like others said, pretty much work it like this: useful for those pesky heavys- 1) make sure your ATs/tanks have LOS on the target you want to hit first so its used to maximum potential and you don't waste valuable time. 2) have guards button the vehicle 3)unleash hell. Even if full health, its useful if you can get the flank on it just before you use the ability
19 Oct 2014, 14:46 PM

It's an incredibly useful ability in my opinion.

I use it against armor that is as strong or stronger than what I have in the current engagement. It pairs very well with "button".

I like to mark target first to help me tilt the scale of the engagement. In the meantime I hold off on button but position Guards closeby. I button a short while after-- either to prevent escape, or to allow myself to escape.

Even if poorly timed, oftentimes Mark Target will cause a cautious player to retreat his vehicle and the plane will provide valuable line of sight that may warn you of an ambush or incoming reinforcements.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★