Login

russian armor

General balance Hopes part II

2 Sep 2014, 21:05 PM

I have broken up my hopes into multiple threads in order to narrow the debate and hopefully stop derailing from happening so easily.

DISCLAIMER:
Please keep the discussion around these 4 topics. Remember the fallowing:

Just because A is unfair does not make B unfair, they are two different entities

Just because A is fair does not make B fair, they are two different entities

There is asymmetric balance in this game, do not compare two units directly in similar roles
(think about everything, timing, cost, role, multi purpose, etc)

Keep anything to do with fan boys out of my thread, there is no place for it

Topic: Call in tanks

I do not think the call in system is completely bogus. Now bear with me, in its current state it is but I believe that was simply an oversight by Relic.

Remember way back at the beginning of this game when there were 8 minute medium tanks? You could never survive waiting for 11 CP's for a tiger or IS-2. I believe that Heavy tanks and medium tank call ins need to be pushed back to around the 30 minute mark. That way call in units are still used (any huge increase in price will kill them) and they do not give the player skipping out on tech a huge advantage (or rather only a very slight disadvantage)

Tanks to be left alone in this: PVI command tank, Bulldozer Sherman, and StugE. these tanks provide little in terms of multi role / AT and so while you can skip tech to getting one, they would do little to stem the tide of armor from your opponent. Other wise I think all tank call ins (single medium ones included such as the Ostheer Puma) need to be pushed back in proportion
2 Sep 2014, 21:09 PM

You forgot the StuG E as well, it also has little effect against armour. I'd argue the OKW Panzer IV Ausf. J is also fine as a no tech call-in, since it's basically a T-34/76 with an armour upgrade and slightly better MG's. In fact the Panzer IV Ausf. J needs should be lowered in CP's.
2 Sep 2014, 21:11 PM

You forgot the StuG E as well, it also has little effect against armour.

It has insane accuracy against infantry, should be nerfed a bit or a price increase.
2 Sep 2014, 21:13 PM

It has insane accuracy against infantry, should be nerfed a bit or a price increase.

Well yeah, it's an infantry tank. It's more or less Ostheer's KV-8 as far as lethality goes.
2 Sep 2014, 21:27 PM

I do agree the Stug E over preforms a smidge but Someguy is right, it fits the category of AI call in tanks and should be left alone. Plus it fills a great role against early light vehicles of the allies
2 Sep 2014, 23:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Love how there are 3 parts to an allied thread. Yet the other two are never locked. Yet again COh.org pro-allied scum. Despute the game in a broken state favouring allies heavily
3 Sep 2014, 00:09 AM

Love how there are 3 parts to an allied thread. Yet the other two are never locked. Yet again COh.org pro-allied scum. Despute the game in a broken state favouring allies heavily

Didn't you quit the forums? It was nicer while you were gone.
3 Sep 2014, 00:19 AM

warthrone = vetlolcake
3 Sep 2014, 00:28 AM

I think the best way to change call in tanks is to make cps less important and tech more important so you can get them earlier, for a higher cost(would open up more strategies).

This can be achieved by greatly increasing the number of CPS you gain from teching or no longer requiring cps for some units just making them tech accessable only, though only some units would work in this capacity(ex. greyhound is perfect for this comes with t2, but IS2 might cost an arm and a leg to tech to if you need t3+4)
3 Sep 2014, 00:32 AM

it's probably because the OP ran outta time and has not gotten to parts IV and V
3 Sep 2014, 00:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If we are going to move callin units on their CP requirements (mostly tanks later) despite what other change they might receive i think we can tweak some more things.

OH
-Later: Tiger, Tiger Ace, Elephant
-Sooner: i still think that mechanized groups should arrive at 2CP for being a gunless M3 (yeah it has a bit more HP)
I was gonna say that the OH Puma should arrive 1CP sooner (5CP) for what it performance is (in comparison to OKW). -I may be wrong on the stats-

SU
-Later: T3485 - IS2 - ISU -
-Sooner:
-Debatable: KV8 - KV2
-Change: if we move T3485 to a later stage (if we are aiming at making non teching less viable) i think it should go to single T3485s. AT LEAST Assault Support (Radio intercept with IS2 + 85s) should have single 85s.

US
-Later:
Easy 8 should be at the same CP requirements as 85s.

OKW
-Move JT 1 CP later to what ISU/Ele are moved (right now it´s at 13CP when ISU/Ele are at 12CP)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★