Login

russian armor

Howis should/could cost ammo?

2 Sep 2014, 16:39 PM

Imo its hard to save up mp to get a howi. Wouldnt it be better if they cost ammo instead, maybe 350 or 400 ammo? Im not an engineer but I think they shoot ammo also so it would make sense.
Maybe this would make howi-commanders a bit more viable?
2 Sep 2014, 16:52 PM

Imo its hard to save up mp to get a howi. Wouldnt it be better if they cost ammo instead, maybe 350 or 400 ammo? Im not an engineer but I think they shoot ammo also so it would make sense.
Maybe this would make howi-commanders a bit more viable?

Everything shoots ammo. But it would make more sense if they costed 400-500mp and some fuel (~80) instead.
2 Sep 2014, 17:12 PM
Donator 22

a mp price decrease would be cool. I haven't seen howitzer for a while (except the 203mm :P)
2 Sep 2014, 17:33 PM

Howitzers are fine. The only reason why you don't see them is because doctrines with call-in tanks are simply better. Once that gets fixed, they will be a solid unit again.
2 Sep 2014, 17:34 PM

Howis are fine
2 Sep 2014, 17:43 PM

Howis are fine

Sure are in theory. But never spotted (except b4) in actual gameplay.
As ost its hard to get a howi and being able to go T4 if the enemy goes medium call ins. The mpcost is just to high.
2 Sep 2014, 17:48 PM

I use howies all the time with all factions (not OKW though, they don't have 1). The problem is not the howies themselves.
2 Sep 2014, 17:56 PM

I think the issue is how easy is to counter a howi with indirect fire. Not the howi itself.

I would make that one player can't activate two airborne abilities at once, that at least would prevent air recon+bomb strikes.
2 Sep 2014, 18:28 PM

it would be pretty cool if each shot costed 10 munis,and the howi was 500mp. make Howie more accurate from far and more splash. and put it so u can adjust how many shots u want in barrage. up to 12 for 122mm 9 for 152mm. something like this lol
2 Sep 2014, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 17:56 PMGreeb
I think the issue is how easy is to counter a howi with indirect fire. Not the howi itself.

I would make that one player can't activate two airborne abilities at once, that at least would prevent air recon+bomb strikes.

I don't like this idea itll change the whole game in a boring way
2 Sep 2014, 19:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reason why Howitzers are not popular:
-Commander wise they mostly don´t fit on the meta
-They get heavyily countered by offmap
-Performance was greatly killed during some patch

Axis use to fire 12 salvos, it got halved. Soviet one used to fire 8 (?) and also got halved. I think cooldown is 90s for both.
B4 used to have a 2min cooldown, which was later moved to 60s

On this point, i guess that the overperforming was a thing for how easy they were to get killed. They reduce the performing but killing them still remains a 2 click action.

Reducing mp for howitzers MAY make them less cost effective to deal with them with pure offmap + recon run.
2 Sep 2014, 19:22 PM
Patrion 27

Sure are in theory. But never spotted (except b4) in actual gameplay.
As ost its hard to get a howi and being able to go T4 if the enemy goes medium call ins. The mpcost is just to high.

I have been using Terror Doctrine in 3v3 and 4v4 a lot lately. Hitting vehicles is a fast way to vet up the artillery and get faster cooldown and increase the range so you can start punishing infantry later on.

2 Sep 2014, 19:35 PM

Reason why Howitzers are not popular:
-Commander wise they mostly don´t fit on the meta
-They get heavyily countered by offmap
-Performance was greatly killed during some patch

Axis use to fire 12 salvos, it got halved. Soviet one used to fire 8 (?) and also got halved. I think cooldown is 90s for both.
B4 used to have a 2min cooldown, which was later moved to 60s

On this point, i guess that the overperforming was a thing for how easy they were to get killed. They reduce the performing but killing them still remains a 2 click action.

Reducing mp for howitzers MAY make them less cost effective to deal with them with pure offmap + recon run.

That they fire less rounds doesn't really matter though. Peter Qumsieh said that the first shots are the ones that count anyway, that's why they halved the amount of shots.
2 Sep 2014, 20:52 PM

well every shot counts.. I want to be able to hold a position longer or hit a heavily defended area with more shots then attack. most of them miss anyways so more would be better
2 Sep 2014, 20:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

That they fire less rounds doesn't really matter though. Peter Qumsieh said that the first shots are the ones that count anyway, that's why they halved the amount of shots.

That would only be true against mobile targets and only if you want to kill stuff

If you want to do area denial though...
2 Sep 2014, 20:55 PM

10,5 german arty and 15,2 soviet arty are most useless arties in this game, I do not see a reason to pay munitions to fire with these
2 Sep 2014, 21:06 PM

barton they are bad now yes, but I said if they gave it more splash and more accuracy, while being able to choose how many rounds u wana shoot. I think itll be a decent idea if the shells were really effective
2 Sep 2014, 23:40 PM

5-10 munis per barrage while it gets great buffs and i'm fine with them
3 Sep 2014, 00:44 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

you should be able to fire a single shot,not precision,On a 10-20 sec cooldown,which means you can micro your arty piece,and basically play Battleship with it against units. It wouldnt be accurate enough to smash moving or spread out units,but everything else(including King Tigers,Jagdtigers etc) would be fair game and would have to move away from the artillery's zone or get obliterated over time,within its possibly reduced range of course
Note you would have to have your howi selected,and manually click every time you wanted it to fire.

And also be able to fire normal barrages.

OR Make a new ability called Zeroing,which creates a huge targetting circle about the size of your screen and have the arty piece fire on units in that radius with somewhat decent accuracy automatically,but if you want to move the circle,you have to wait like 2-5 minutes.
3 Sep 2014, 02:54 AM

I kinda wish Artillery had accuracy fire and saturation fire options.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 197
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak