Login

russian armor

Ranking system needs to be fixed

2 Sep 2014, 05:20 AM

The current state of the ranking system is broken. The whole concept of a set number rating to rank 1 is flawed for this type of long period of time. It rewards players who simply farm games at ideal times against easy opponents or have the time to play a lot. The problem is there is a set max ranking. Instead their should be an mmr type of system that has an unset ranking. You would instead earn points. The amount of points that would go to your matchmaking rating. The number of points you won for a victory would be determined by the opponents mmr and yours. This would allow for a better system for player because its is more dynamic and would encourage players to be more active on the ladder. You wouldn't be rewarded for playing against noobs and this would give great benefit to equally skilled matches. The mmr rank would probably cap out around 3000. Note this isn't a set rank cap but it would be difficult for players to advance past this because you would need to have multiple player past 3000 for you to advance further. The whole reason for this is if you have an amazing streak in coh2 auto match it would be more of a challange for other players to reach a higher ranking than you because they can't simply play enough wins until they boot you from a set rank 1.
2 Sep 2014, 05:49 AM

Are you saying that you think rank is based on number of wins or win/loss percentage?
2 Sep 2014, 05:51 AM

There is an MMR/ELO system place, its just hidden.
2 Sep 2014, 05:52 AM

Matchmaking uses some kind of ELO number, so I guess that's what you want in your post.
2 Sep 2014, 09:18 AM

still needs fixing, we(2v2 at) almost exclusivly playing against guys with 1-2k hours in coh2 ( and we have like 100h playtime each)
2 Sep 2014, 10:05 AM
Donator 11

still needs fixing, we(2v2 at) almost exclusivly playing against guys with 1-2k hours in coh2 ( and we have like 100h playtime each)

It has nothing to do with hours played omg.
2 Sep 2014, 11:58 AM

It has nothing to do with hours played omg.

Agreed. From my own personal experience, I think COH2's matchmaking is actually some of the best I've ever seen. I'm remarkably close to a 50-50 win/loss ratio after about 700 games played. This is all 1v1. I suspect balancing teams gets exponentially more difficult as you add more players to a game.
2 Sep 2014, 12:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

LOL
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 88

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment