Login

russian armor

Viable OH commanders? For 1v1 and 2v2, mixed or double

2 Sep 2014, 03:57 AM

Which Ostheer commanders are worth using in the current meta?

I'm not talking preferences, or which load out might be better, just trying to separate the ones that always suck from the ones that can work well.

For 1v1 it seems to me that anything without a Tiger is a terrible choice, so that limits it to:

- Mech assault
- Lightning War
- Elite Troops
- Spearhead

Is this an unfair assumption? Just what I've seen in casts and when I play against OH.

For 2v2

- Luftwaffe supplies (with double OH, or just with OKW? I know with OKW the fuel is powerful)
Then the Tiger one again, of course
- Mech assault
- Lightning War
- Elite Troops
- Spearhead
Then for the Elefant
- Jaeger Armor
- Fortified Armor
Pak43 maybe?
- Festung Armor - are the other Pak43 docs any good?
- Close air support (if with OKW - gives them planes to take out static stuff)

Not trying to make an argument about this, just want to check that I got it right. Did I get it wrong? Please let me know! :p

2 Sep 2014, 04:02 AM
Patrion 14

In team games just about anything goes, but the most popular strategies relies on Tigers or Elefants.

In 1v1, you basically hit the nail on the head about Tigers. Ostheer t4 is complete trash at the moment and it's relatively hard to get out T3 tanks in time to make an impact. This makes Tigers the competitive choice for tanks since you don't need to tech for it, it's the best tank general purpose tank in the roster, and is really the only unit to add that late game punch where Germans generally do better than allies.
2 Sep 2014, 10:42 AM

You forgot about Assault Support, IMO the best doc for 1v1 in most cases.
2 Sep 2014, 20:10 PM

Personally, I think Mobile Defence is worth taking in 1v1. In many games, I've been saved from things like fast Stuarts and T34s by the Puma call in, which can easily hold off such vehicles if well microed. Otherwise, if you are too far behind on fuel to afford a P4 or Stug, you can get run over by such units, since a good player can usually avoid a Pak and won't let you get close enough to Panzerfaust.
13 Sep 2014, 06:45 AM

Pumas for Ost can be a wonderful life saver against the Americans as most of their vehicles are quite soft.
14 Sep 2014, 00:34 AM

i agree with u in 2v2 especially choose elefant because most soviet players make isu in late game with zis cover ,so its hard to reach isu with tiger especially in some map.in 1v1 my favoriate doctrins are mobile defense&assualt support
16 Sep 2014, 07:56 AM

For 1v1 I think the Puma commander might be a good choice vs the USF, like someone mentioned above. Also having spearhead in the same loadout helps you deal with the maxim spam vs soviets and the tiger completely steamrolls the USF during late game - if you get that far.
22 Sep 2014, 11:01 AM

Imho Spearhead is probably best doctrine against Soviets, everything in this commander is useful (maybe except overpriced Frag bombs) , Mortar HT is beast counter against Maxims, Smoke for tanks is always just so good and Tiger, well its Tiger.
22 Sep 2014, 11:55 AM

+1 @sabra

Cant go wrong with Spearhead, mortar halftrack deals with Maxims, as well as the very rare but deadly FHQ, with its Incendiary Barrage. Very munitions heavy however.

Late game tiger if or when you need it
22 Sep 2014, 22:28 PM

for 1vv it's best doc with Tiger and G43 and stuka run
26 Sep 2014, 14:48 PM

for 1v1 ...Im loving the Puma commander...its a bit harder to pull off vs Soviets...but it destroys USF.

And even vs Soviets...with 2 pumas and 2 ATgun (which is my late game composition) ...you'll tear through any heavy armor (outrange most of em too).

Ill often skip T3 with this commander...relying on my At composition to deal with armor...and go straight for T4 (when game exceeds 20-25mins).

Works like a charm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS