Login

russian armor

Vet1 MG42 a viable counter to US AAHT?

2 Sep 2014, 03:45 AM

When I was playing as USF just now someone took out my AA HT with the incendiary rounds from an MG42.

Under the impression that the AAHT was totally OP against OH (OMG!) (which I think it is, actually, I just used it wrong), I set it up at moderate range next to a huge Ostheer force that I knew had a mortar, an MG42, flame pioneers, and some grenadiers plus an armored car with just a bit of rifleman support.

I actually was killing/retreating everything but there was an MG42 in a house that I didn't bother to kill for some reason. Then it popped incendiary rounds and took out the HT.

Before I was the impression that Ostheer has to rush a PAK to deal with the US HT, otherwise it's practically GG. But the MG42 worked great. Then again, I didn't use the HT very well.

So: is a vet 1 MG42 a good counter to the AAHT, or is that only if the HT is used poorly?

2 Sep 2014, 04:05 AM
Patrion 14

Only if the AAHT is asleep at the wheel. Using incendiary rounds means the MG has to load the rounds in, retarget, and then fire. Additionally, if he's suppressed, he won't even fire half the time. It could be a nice play if you use it preemptively, but generally won't work.

If it does, consider it a lucky break, but your only counter as Ostheer are Pak Guns vs. it.
9 Sep 2014, 06:19 AM

Like what VindicareX said, it's a real counter if the guy sets up his MG so you're halftrack is in the kill zone (close to the MG with nothing to block LOS) or the driver was sleeping/drinking coffee.
9 Sep 2014, 06:38 AM
Donator 11

The incendiary rounds are pretty good against a AA HT. The driver doesnt even has to fall asleep. If you got a forward recon (can even be a hidden sniper) and you see, that the AA HT of the enemy is rushing towards the frontline, then you can react quick.

The time the enemy recognize that your MG loaded incendiary rounds (not many player do this), he has to break and drive back, is enough, if the MG directly begins to fire.

I felt it by myself yesterday, rushing in, saw the MG, recognize the US of incendiary aaand it's gone ... 5 seconds and the AA HT was another resource pool for OKW. The current pathing does the rest ...

But if there is no recon Vindicare's statement counts
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS