Login

russian armor

OKW lame question

2 Sep 2014, 02:36 AM

Hey guys,

I don't play OKW so much, and never crossed this situation before, but...

If, by any chance, I use some infantry (volks p.e.) to catch an enemy vehicle (say, for example, an SU-85) - does it go till vet3 or 5? Logic states it goes till vet3, but I never did the test. Any experiences?

Thanks!
2 Sep 2014, 02:56 AM

Hey guys,

If, by any chance, I use some infantry (volks p.e.) to catch an enemy vehicle (say, for example, an SU-85) - does it go till vet3 or 5? Logic states it goes till vet3, but I never did the test. Any experiences?

Thanks!
I remember I stole and M3A1 and it's only vet3.
2 Sep 2014, 05:55 AM

Vet is based on damage inflicted and received. More expensive units require more damage inflicted/received to vet up. I'm not sure if this is completely linear or adjusted on a per unit basis...but in any case, this is basically true across the board. Anyway, when an infantry squad captures/re-crews a vehicle, their "damage score" is "recalculated" for the vehicle and the vet is adjusted accordingly. So a Vet 4 Volks squad capturing an SU-85 might only turn out to be a Vet 1 SU-85.

I think this is generally how it works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...as if that's a problem around here...and by "here", I mean the internet.

2 Sep 2014, 06:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Vet is based on damage inflicted and received. More expensive units require more damage inflicted/received to vet up. I'm not sure if this is completely linear or adjusted on a per unit basis...but in any case, this is basically true across the board. Anyway, when an infantry squad captures/re-crews a vehicle, their "damage score" is "recalculated" for the vehicle and the vet is adjusted accordingly. So a Vet 4 Volks squad capturing an SU-85 might only turn out to be a Vet 1 SU-85.

I think this is generally how it works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...as if that's a problem around here...and by "here", I mean the internet.

This only is true for the US. recrewing a vehicle with another faction will set the experience of the vehicle to 0
Hey guys,

Thanks!

When OKW is recrewing other vehicles/support weapons it can get vet 3 max. Recrewing OKW vehicles/support weapons as other factions will set the max veterancy to 3 too.

2 Sep 2014, 06:19 AM

This only is true for the US.

Is it only for vehicle crews or is the same kind of recalculation done for say Riflemen that re-crew vehicles? Or is it set to 0 as if an opponent captured it?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★