Login

russian armor

Who wants some realistic Flags/ Uniforms?

Who Wants Realistic Flags/Uniforms?
Option Distribution Votes
81%
19%
Total votes: 75
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Sep 2014, 23:41 PM

It's all in the title folks.

Would you be prepared to buy them?
1 Sep 2014, 23:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Just wait for mod-support
2 Sep 2014, 00:08 AM

Id like realistic whermacht grenadier uniform i hate the current skins for them
2 Sep 2014, 00:48 AM

If only simple texture and sound modding were allowed...
2 Sep 2014, 01:15 AM

@Mr. Someguy

Yea, simple modding like that *was* enabled in the beta / early release of CoH2. I have a feeling that they disabled it due to money or something more sinister, related maybe to 3D models.

Ah, but seeing the CoH1 Riflemen model in CoH2 gave me a laugh. :) Those skins up there in your post are probably the last homage to any sort of modding that CoH2 had, so keep it up.

(However, I did hear Duffy talk about implementing modding tools, that even the modding tools were already being alpha tested, during the second Gamescon livestream - so keep your fingers crossed)
2 Sep 2014, 01:24 AM

First I want those god awful colored stripes removed from my tanks. Fucking light blue sticks out through the camo hideously.
2 Sep 2014, 01:57 AM

Yea, simple modding like that *was* enabled in the beta / early release of CoH2. I have a feeling that they disabled it due to money or something more sinister, related maybe to 3D models.

It was disabled to keep people from taking the DLC's and making a modded game to play it, instead of paying for it. ToW stuff was probably the primary concern but they might've been concerned about the DLC skins too (take the skin of your choice and just change it so it replaces the default skin).

I'm not sure why they haven't tuned to workshop support yet. Workshop could allow people to make and release mods while being fully regulated to keep down illegal content and punish illegal creators. Probably easier said than done.
2 Sep 2014, 12:06 PM

It was disabled to keep people from taking the DLC's and making a modded game to play it, instead of paying for it. ToW stuff was probably the primary concern but they might've been concerned about the DLC skins too (take the skin of your choice and just change it so it replaces the default skin).

But then only you would be able to see the new skin, this kind of modding is for client side only, just like in coh 1.

I'm not sure why they haven't tuned to workshop support yet. Workshop could allow people to make and release mods while being fully regulated to keep down illegal content and punish illegal creators. Probably easier said than done.

I think that's the plan, but hey, it's Relic, they take a lot of time to do stuff like this, just look at the time it took them to make workshop avaible to coh2.
2 Sep 2014, 12:14 PM

No, I don't want to buy them. I think the game has already enough DLC. wtf Is wrong with some people?
2 Sep 2014, 12:17 PM

But then only you would be able to see the new skin, this kind of modding is for client side only, just like in coh 1.
But you could always upload the mod to the net and let everyone download it right?
2 Sep 2014, 12:28 PM

Soviet infantry skins. Almost the only correct skin - Shock troops. Everything else is awful - engineers (though winter skin is not bad), guard, partisans, winter skin snipers (winter Budenovka, are you kidding?)
2 Sep 2014, 12:58 PM

No, I don't want to buy them. I think the game has already enough DLC. wtf Is wrong with some people?

wtf rong with you ? what does push you to buy a skin pack? They are way better than selling units of multiplayer.
2 Sep 2014, 13:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

wtf rong with you ? what does push you to buy a skin pack? They are way better than selling units of multiplayer.

Better is having to pay for neither, are you surprised people take that position?
2 Sep 2014, 14:18 PM

Do I want them? Why not.

Would I pay for them? Nah.

Didn't vote on poll because I don't know what I am meant to vote for.
2 Sep 2014, 14:41 PM

I'd rather new commander units
2 Sep 2014, 15:47 PM

I Tell You what is wrong with me. Coh 2 is One of the Most DLC Heavy Games ever. They already charge for vehicle skins, small tow packs, commanders, hey they release, I support it (have bought almost everything) but ther comes a time to say stop. Enough is enough! They should enable mod support so we can get something without spending money, something that thousands of other games do!

That is wrong with me.

And one last thing. Coh2 has a small player base because of that. Half of the Vcoh lovers refused to jump to the "give me all your money to get something we could give you for free" train!
2 Sep 2014, 17:38 PM

Who cares about soviet uniforms? we want those cool german ones! :D
2 Sep 2014, 17:42 PM
Benefactor 115

If I remember correctly, Relic stated that infantry skins were never going to happen. The reason was that realistic camo made finding your units on screen more difficult. They found it difficult to balance realistic looking uniforms vs units that were easy to interact with.

The reason they went with customizable vehicle skins as they were larger objects on screen and easier to find.

IMHO historical flags won't happen outside of the mod community.
2 Sep 2014, 17:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Where's my "I want my grenadiers in snow suits like in COH1"?
2 Sep 2014, 18:02 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

If only simple texture and sound modding were allowed...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★