Login

russian armor

UI Mod??

1 Sep 2014, 22:30 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the UI of the game? Since the beginning I feel like my eyes hurt after a while, because of all that stuff that distracts you from the actual game. For example the borders around the taskbar, the completely unnecessary picture of the unit, etc. I really think the CoH1 UI is much better, cuz it has a really plain design that lays the focus on the important things.

On top of that, I wonder if it is possible to implement "unit stats" like in CoH1, where you had unit strength vs inf, light vehicles, tanks and buildings from 1 to 9 (below the picture of the unit) and if a squad picked up a shrek, for example, it would add a +3 to it. That makes clear if a unit has a shrek or not, even if that unit picked up another weapon afterwards.

Sadly I have no clue about modding and, if somebody feels the same way I do, I would be very happy if somebody tries to create such a mod ^.^
2 Sep 2014, 18:45 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the UI of the game? Since the beginning I feel like my eyes hurt after a while, because of all that stuff that distracts you from the actual game. For example the borders around the taskbar, the completely unnecessary picture of the unit, etc. I really think the CoH1 UI is much better, cuz it has a really plain design that lays the focus on the important things.

On top of that, I wonder if it is possible to implement "unit stats" like in CoH1, where you had unit strength vs inf, light vehicles, tanks and buildings from 1 to 9 (below the picture of the unit) and if a squad picked up a shrek, for example, it would add a +3 to it. That makes clear if a unit has a shrek or not, even if that unit picked up another weapon afterwards.

Sadly I have no clue about modding and, if somebody feels the same way I do, I would be very happy if somebody tries to create such a mod ^.^

Theres currently no Modding support for the game, no such thing can be done
2 Sep 2014, 19:04 PM
Benefactor 115

CoH2 uses scaleform middleware, if modding support was to be added for the UI modders may need to purchase ( quite an expensive) licence to mod the UI.
2 Sep 2014, 19:06 PM

Meh :(

I wish Relic would do sth about this, it is really not had to create a decent UI, but they didn't even really try it feels.

Thx for the answers tho :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
France 31

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak