Login

russian armor

Player colours in team games

1 Sep 2014, 18:00 PM

There is an option in the game for team games that gives every individual player a unique color (rather than just a team colour) so you know to which player which units belong to on the minimap.

The problem is that these colors are only visible to yourself and they are not the same colours that your team mates can see if they also have the option enabled. This complicates team communication unnecessarily. As a simple example, I cannot just ask over Teamspeak who the player with the colour yellow is, because that player will see himself as colour blue and a third person will see him maybe as colour green.

I don't know why there cannot be set colours for every player that are the same for everyone, so that you can coordinate in your team easier? This seems like an obvious approach to me, and as far as I remember other games handle it that way as well.
1 Sep 2014, 18:37 PM

Id like to be light blue... in team games with this option on, it should randomly give everyone a color, but the color coding is the same for everyone. I also cannot tell my teammates who to watch for on the enemy team. It would be much simpler to say "watch purple" instead of naming who that player is for me.
2 Sep 2014, 03:23 AM
Patrion 14

i'm sure the enemy colour is consistent through and through. i have communicated via enemy's colours many times.

but since you are always blue to yourself, ally team colours aren't same for everyone. it would be nice if it was like cs-go where eveyone is just assigned a colour from the get go.
2 Sep 2014, 03:25 AM

i'm sure the enemy colour is consistent through and through. i have communicated via enemy's colours many times.

but since you are always blue to yourself, ally team colours aren't same for everyone. it would be nice if it was like cs-go where eveyone is just assigned a colour from the get go.
You called them Reds?
2 Sep 2014, 03:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 03:25 AMsteel
You called them Reds?

There are four different colors for enemies, are they all red to you?
2 Sep 2014, 14:29 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 03:25 AMsteel
You called them Reds?

red, orange, purple, or brown
2 Sep 2014, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 03:38 AMOhme

There are four different colors for enemies, are they all red to you?
I intended to make a reference to the MG crew calling the Soviets Reds :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS