Login

russian armor

Starting build order for OKW. What do you think?

1 Sep 2014, 16:38 PM

It's a pleasure to be on these forums and hello. I'm an avid fan of CoH as I'm sure we all are :)

I've been playing OKW exclusively for about 60 games and with a bit of trial and error I have come to use this starting build:
-Volks
-Kubel
-Sturmpio
-Kubel (or Volks if needed)
-Volks

In about a dozen 1v1 games or so this BO has proven to be devastatingly effective against both US and Soviets. Obviously like all builds it can be dependent on the map (heavy urbans like Ettel or Stalingrad it's rubbish). Using the sturms up front with the kubel not far behind, and using volks to cap and provide support it's possible to own 60% or more of the map within 6 minutes or so. The kubels do require a fair bit of micro but reversing them and repairing with sturms is quick and easy. I usually go the Mechanised HQ and convert muni to fuel for either a fast HT or Puma if I see any light vehicles (which is rare at this stage). From there it's pretty much gg. What do you think? I'm still trying to figure out a steady build for urban maxim spam where there is no room for movement though. But I highly recommend using this strat!
1 Sep 2014, 17:05 PM

what about scout cars with penals or engies?
1 Sep 2014, 17:45 PM

The kubel combined with stationary sturms and volks does surprisingly well against clown cars. I also try and schrek the volks asap. Only problem is, and this is probalby the worst as OKW, is penals and engies with flamers inside cars. Try a puppchen instead of a second sturmpio if you see it coming.
1 Sep 2014, 20:39 PM

Seems risky tho, if you don't win early game (for whatever reason, enemy stalling in buildings etc.) you have only 2 volks. The other units do not scale as well (Kubel does not scale at all basically, Sturms are rather fragile). But I will give it a try and see for myself^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★