Login

russian armor

Panzer 4 under preforming

1 Sep 2014, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2014, 14:28 PMSlaYoU

I think Wehrmacht players would trade their Panther any day for a tank with the price/stats of an Easy8. Oberkommando Panther is okayish, but overpriced when compared to E8 still.

To be quite frank Axis players don't care for their tanks. They just bumrush a fortified position with their Panther, take all kinds of beating and then retreat claiming that the Panther did nothing. Allied players need to care more for their tanks, because they are "paperthin". That is my opinion based on my observations agree or not.
1 Sep 2014, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2014, 14:35 PMJorad

To be quite frank Axis players don't care for their tanks. They just bumrush a fortified position with their Panther, take all kinds of beating and then retreat claiming that the Panther did nothing. Allied players need to care more for their tanks, because they are "paperthin". That is my opinion based on my observations agree or not.
That is what I see when I watch others play 3v3 and 4v4. Bumrushing only happens because these guys don't really know how to fight with tanks properly. If 1v1 or 2v2 then no one wants to bumrush their tanks except the crappy guys who blob their infantry. What I notice is blobbers will eventually just rush their tanks thinking it's supposed to be invulnerable and whatnot.
1 Sep 2014, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2014, 14:41 PMsteel
That is what I see when I watch others play 3v3 and 4v4. Bumrushing only happens because these guys don't really know how to fight with tanks properly. If 1v1 or 2v2 then no one wants to bumrush their tanks except the crappy guys who blob their infantry. What I notice is blobbers will eventually just rush their tanks thinking it's supposed to be invulnerable and whatnot.

Yes you are right, because i play teamgames mostly (no sarcasm here). On the forums however we don't know how are other players playing and if their "rant", "Balance issue" a post we are unable to determine is it really a called for idea, or just a plain rant, because someone bumrushed something. I am a medicore player and really i don't see problems with PIV or Panthers they are a pain in the a## for USF.
1 Sep 2014, 14:58 PM

some indeed do but the e8 is a shitload more useful then the panther in its current state.
1 Sep 2014, 15:03 PM

I see the same "bumrush" on Allied side when I am playing.
1 Sep 2014, 17:13 PM

I play all factions - even though I like to play the Axis factions somewhat more, mainly due to faction design.
Poor play is not limited to any "side" of the playerbase. A PIV can only be a problem for a USF player if he got outteched aggressively, ie. still stuck in Lt tech when the PIV hits the field.
While US ATGs are not impressive perfomers, in conjunction with at nades/zooks they are more than enough to greatly limit the impact of the PIV.
Regular Shermans are about the equal of the PIV in a direct matchup. E8s and Jacksons both virtually hardcounter it. A Tiger can be a bitch to handle for US especially when covered by AT guns due to the sheer amount of punishment it can take - the PIV, not so much.
1 Sep 2014, 17:38 PM

Permanently Banned
p4 is fine
3 Sep 2014, 04:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Lol @ price increase last patch. Relic just lol
3 Sep 2014, 04:10 AM

Permanently Banned

Learn how to post and play....
3 Sep 2014, 05:12 AM

The mods on this site are way too lenient.
3 Sep 2014, 12:16 PM

You do recognize that its AI was significantly buffed?
3 Sep 2014, 12:49 PM

You do recognize that its AI was significantly buffed?

And do you recognize e8 costs just 10 more fuel?
3 Sep 2014, 13:10 PM

And do you recognize e8 costs just 10 more fuel?

I think we can all stop that easy 8 vendetta thing, pretty much all the community agrees that this tank is OP for it's cost. If we consider the fact that it will be nerfed (let's just hope not too hard, as it is a good option for USF), we can't compare other tanks that were fine before easy 8 introduction into the game, and decide balance using that comparison. That would create other imbalances, and shake the whole game's state. Let's just forget about it, and trust Relic will bring it on par with other tanks that are mostly fine (34/76, 34/85, P4, Vanilla Sherman, OKW Panther are all finely tuned, at least imo, Wehrmacht's Panther is another topic and deserves it's own adjustment).

OT: i think P4 is fine as it is: potent multi purpose tank, very good AI, good AT for it's position in the tech tree and cost, nice mobility and decent armor. I have a feeling that this tank will become the core of Wehrmacht armor after Relic is done "reviewing the faction", and the basis for comparison for all other Axis tanks. At least i hope so.
3 Sep 2014, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 16:37 PMCruzz
The T34 gun is not better against infantry and hasn't been for months now.

The PIV also gets nearly five times the DPS through MGs than the T34.

PIV has insanely good veterancy bonuses. T-34 might as well not have veterancy at all.

this right here real talk
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 22
Germany 0
Germany 619

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %