Login

russian armor

Ostheer versus Rifle Company Commander

31 Aug 2014, 16:21 PM
Patrion 14

Hi,

Am having a 1 v 1 problem with the American veteran infantry.

I'm typically using three rifles into an MG and then a scout car, but man those two-star inf with BARs start coming in and then flamers then 'nades...

By this point I had three volks, 1 pzgren, 2 mgs and a SC. A balanced army, I thought, into T3 preparing for the Easy Eights.

All he built was infantry with BARs, flames and nades. MGs in buildings were no problem, suppression is an issue.

Any ideas, L2P issues aside? Are snipers a good idea versus inf heavy US? Maybe I spread myself too thinly (I had good map control very early).
31 Aug 2014, 16:28 PM

You said Volks & PG, what were you playing actually?

If Ostheer, get Assgren, it is the only doctrine working vs USF. Everything in this doctrine > USF.
DON'T get 222, anything from T3 or above, they just suck vs USF.

Assgren win Rifles 1on1. Get some Grens friends for them and give them LMG42, without M1919 Rifles just a joke to those Grens.
PG@250 / StugE rape Rifle.
Pak rape every USF armour.
Tiger > everything USF can offer.

If OKW, get Fortification. Spam them a crapload of MG34 to an amount those Rifles cannot breakthrough, then prepare multiple Rakenten / Puma / JPIV ambushing the E8s.

Or just go Scavenge, do whatever you like, stall until 400 muni, kamikaze into USF base, drop arty, GG.
31 Aug 2014, 16:29 PM

Snipers are fantastic against USF infantry. The only problem is the micro you have to put into them just to keep them alive.

I suggest you don't go T3 for P4/StuG against E8. You're better off with Panzerfaust and Pak combo. If you're lucky you might be able to steal one of the E8 and turn it against them.

If I were you I would just stall the enemy's advance for a tiger.
31 Aug 2014, 16:32 PM

MG42 + Mortar Half Track. Two of these if 2v2. Play defensively. Try to set up a trap. MG suppresses, mortars do the damage. Get another MG if needed. When you equip Grens with lmgs it should be easy ride from that point. Throw a PaK to the mix so E8 won't swarm you.
Don't tech, pick a doctrine with Tiger. Current meta usually punishes you for not relying on call ins. Sad but true.
31 Aug 2014, 16:37 PM

Hi,

Am having a 1 v 1 problem with the American veteran infantry.

I'm typically using three rifles into an MG and then a scout car, but man those two-star inf with BARs start coming in and then flamers then 'nades...

By this point I had three volks, 1 pzgren, 2 mgs and a SC. A balanced army, I thought, into T3 preparing for the Easy Eights.

All he built was infantry with BARs, flames and nades. MGs in buildings were no problem, suppression is an issue.

Any ideas, L2P issues aside? Are snipers a good idea versus inf heavy US? Maybe I spread myself too thinly (I had good map control very early).

Snipers are a rather effective way to deal with vetted rifles. 221s are kind of a waste of resources because all the vetted rifles have AT nades at a longish range. Mgs, sniper, lmg grens in cover, ect. one good doc of choice vs rifle company is the mobile defense commander. between the paks and the puma target weak point ability the easy 8s just get stun locked in front of a pak and chased down by a puma pretty easily. P4 command tank is also really effective vs vet rifle mans, plus it gives you a defensive bonus
31 Aug 2014, 17:13 PM

Snipers are indeed a good way to counter Rifles, but have fun with the M20/M15 then, because Ostheer T2 already comes late than the Lt tech, getting sniper would even more delaying your Pak.
31 Aug 2014, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 17:13 PMPorygon
Snipers are indeed a good way to counter Rifles, but have fun with the M20/M15 then, because Ostheer T2 already comes late than the Lt tech, getting sniper would even more delaying your Pak.
If the American player is competent then it would be a problem. If the guy is one to go full power when reversing straight to you, then the triple fist(faust) (sounds like a kung fu move :lol:) will work.
2 Sep 2014, 16:56 PM
Patrion 14

Thanks for all the replies, I just mentioned scout cars as I saw Imperial Dane do quite well against this commander with them.
4 Sep 2014, 14:36 PM

The problem with holding onto dear life for the regular tiger is that a pair of E8s beat it and a single supported E8 can keep it at bay. Now suppose you take out an E8 and your tiger is on the brink of death in the process. By the time it's repaired, a good USA will have a Jackson out. E8 and Jackson >>>> tiger
5 Sep 2014, 08:17 AM

Heavy T1/T2 play into Tigers is your best bet. LMG grens plus a 42 should be the staple of your build, snips can be made to work and bleed a lot of mp but require a lot of attention. On urban maps, an early mortar is a good idea as well since otherwise you have very few options of dislodging rifles from houses. Going T3 is usually not a good idea - takes too much fuel, and all things being equal, you will be on the backfoot in this regard anyways, not to mention the PIV is most emphatically NOT the equal of the E8. As far as docs are concerned, Mech. Ass. will greatly strengthen your early/mid game but is less potent late game then ie. Ass. support, since strafe can effectively neutralise heavy infantry play. On the other hand, ie. Spearhead is quite viable as well since smoke greatly enhances the survivability of your Tiger.

Jackson is indeed a problem, but thats what Paks are for. You need them against E8 anyways - the problem here is the WP.
7 Sep 2014, 13:55 PM

As mentioned by Porygon the Mechanized Asssualt Doctrine works wonders as you can add in close range Ass grens which shred rifles, then coupled with grens and LMG's you can work wonders on any and all rifleman that come at you. The doctrinal STUG is something which is very very useful as it punishes the time between his E8's coming out and you getting the unit, you will have unrivaled Anti infantry power,if you time this unit right you can really push the opponent back. Also make sure you have 2-3 paks, i would advise against any P4's or STUG's from tier 3, E8's are simply too good and will kill them easily.
8 Sep 2014, 06:33 AM

How much is the phosphor arty again?
It has a quite big area and comes down fast, usually too fast to let your MG42 pack up and move out of the area without losing a lot of health.
8 Sep 2014, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 17:13 PMPorygon

I think if you a rather aggressive with your sniper you can easily cause the USF player to have severe manpower restrains when they are purchasing their M20 or AAHT. They will have to either delay the vehicle to reinforce the riflemen or purchase the vehicle with less infantry support. If you sit back with your sniper early, you were better off gren spamming.

Rifle Company is the only doctrine that allows USF to constantly maintain a snowball effect. The majority of the other doctrines fall gren spam with LMG and veterancy preservation.
8 Sep 2014, 06:42 AM

Panzer grenadiers have no real place, they are kinda bad and especially poor vs bar rifles.

You can also just build 1 mg early just to win some early fights, using LMG 42 grens is more effective b/c they beat destroy bar rifles.

If you wanna be cheesy you can build nothing but stug es and paks then a tiger to beat his ez 8s later

snipers are very very good but lmg 42 grens may be better as they are less risky and do crazy damage anyways
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★