Login

russian armor

UI enhancement proposition.

31 Aug 2014, 11:27 AM

Hi,

I don't know it this has been brought up before but wouldn't it be beneficial if we could send unit-unit interaction orders just by clicking the appropriate shield icons? For example if we would like to send engineers to repair damaged armor then we just select their shield and right click the damaged tank shield. The same could be done with loading units to transport. What's your opinion on this?
31 Aug 2014, 12:12 PM

That would be cool if relic remove fucking colour strips from the vehicles, so the will look more realistic. Like dat http://cs310629.vk.me/v310629377/4bd3/DwZOsnoxGjU.jpg http://cs312821.vk.me/v312821377/5501/VL5DUqW7deY.jpg
I know that should be in another place on forum but whatever
31 Aug 2014, 12:16 PM

Good idea, got my thumbs up. :)

OT: the modelling of some of the vehicles in this game are hilariously inaccurate in some situations...
31 Aug 2014, 12:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 11:27 AMrhin0x
Hi,

I don't know it this has been brought up before but wouldn't it be beneficial if we could send unit-unit interaction orders just by clicking the appropriate shield icons? For example if we would like to send engineers to repair damaged armor then we just select their shield and right click the damaged tank shield. The same could be done with loading units to transport. What's your opinion on this?

That would be great.
31 Aug 2014, 15:36 PM

Permanently Banned
nice idea
1 Sep 2014, 10:31 AM

In my mind this would really ease up those interaction tasks (not that they are very stressful :)). The armor repairs is in my mind the staple example. Sending the damaged tank behind the lines and just ordering the engineers without all the camera hassle would speed things up and free your mind from this unneeded distraction.
5 Sep 2014, 03:31 AM

theres a lot of other stuff they could add to the shields

for instance, for weapon crews you cant tell if the crew is moving or if it is set up and ready to shoot by glancing at the icon. Whenever i work with weapon crews i always have to double click on them and see what theyre doing before i decide what i might do with them.

in another post i also recomended having a third row of shields for non-combatant vehicles like the IR halftrack, ambulences, and HQ trucks.
5 Sep 2014, 04:17 AM

Agreed. I've thought about this. I've also thought about action icons on the shields (healing, auto-barrage, fixing, etc.) but there probably isn't enough space.
and
5 Sep 2014, 08:23 AM

Please auto hotkey my units from 1-9!!
5 Sep 2014, 20:21 PM
Benefactor 115

Great suggestion. I didn't know how much I wanted this till now!
6 Sep 2014, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2014, 08:23 AMand
Please auto hotkey my units from 1-9!!

that would be really awesome. and also jsut in general have more unit selection hotkeys besides select next idle unit

for instance

ctrl+q select all engineers
ctrl+w select all mainline infantry (conscripts, grenadiers, etc)
ctrl+e select all snipers

ctrl+a select all MGs
ctrl+s select all mortars
ctrl+d select all at guns
ctrl+f select all arty

ctrl+z select all light vehicles
ctrl+x select all medium vehicles
ctrl+z select all heavy vehicles

This would be a million times faster to sort through my units than using the icons on the right, ctrl+x to select all medium tanks, then click or tab to the specific one i want. and if i want to give an order to all my medium tanks i dont have to do that silly thing where i shift click each one.

and itd keep me from having to assign custom hotkeys a lot of the time, for instance if i only have 1 mortar i wont have to put it in a hotkey group, ctrl+s already exists. (though usually when i have 2 mortars i put them in the same group and then use tab to select the one i want, so id still use ctrl+s)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 93
Netherlands 11
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak