Login

russian armor

Soviet Snipers Squad are not fun

2 Sep 2014, 19:38 PM

Sprint might be too much, but what would it be replaced with? Ever unit has a vet ability.
2 Sep 2014, 20:08 PM

Sprint might be too much, but what would it be replaced with? Ever unit has a vet ability.

Maybe an ability that gives them 10~15 seconds of camouflage out of cover. It would be still a defensive ability to avoid enemy pushes, but not as OP as sprint currently is.
2 Sep 2014, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 20:08 PMGreeb

Maybe an ability that gives them 10~15 seconds of camouflage out of cover. It would be still a defensive ability to avoid enemy pushes, but not as OP as sprint currently is.

How about cheaper flares for vet 1 just for the lulz? :D
2 Sep 2014, 21:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

How about cheaper flares for vet 1 just for the lulz? :D

Tripwire flares.
2 Sep 2014, 22:09 PM

I said it before and I`ll say it again. Either set a limit of having max 1 sniper squad on the field at any given time -OR- make soviet sniper doctrinal. Multiple sov snipers strategies are ruining the game since its release.
2 Sep 2014, 22:43 PM

I know Relic has an "asymmetrical" hard on - but the only way snipers can work is if there's BALANCE.

Right now there's just no balance for the Soviet sniper.

They need to make the Wehrmacht and Soviet snipers exactly even so there's counter sniping etc (and not the current vet required, muni required, RNG required Wehrmacht counter snipe).
2 Sep 2014, 22:55 PM

Snipers can't be mirrored if a faction has 4 men squads and the other one 6-men squads.

Keeping soviet sniper's slow rate of fire with only 1 man would make the unit useless against axis sniper.
2 Sep 2014, 23:00 PM

Yeah, i want too balanced sniper, for EVERY race, no more 2 member sniper squad, no more Coh1 style all time cloak, the only hardcounter vs sniper is the countersnipe, if enemy have other military power, and not fun try kill Su sniper team without sniper(OKW), or with a counter snipe with your 1 member OST sniper...
2 Sep 2014, 23:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 22:55 PMGreeb

Keeping soviet sniper's slow rate of fire with only 1 man would make the unit useless against axis sniper.

Useless, why? 1 simple shot, no matter the rate of fire, will kill the german sniper and viceversa.
2 Sep 2014, 23:35 PM

2 Sep 2014, 23:41 PM

Useless, why? 1 simple shot, no matter the rate of fire, will kill the german sniper and viceversa.

With a slower rate of fire, the german sniper will have a huge advantage.

EDIT: I don't really know if the slower rate of fire applies before shooting (the set up of the sniper) or after (reloading the rifle). If it's before shooting, axis sniper has all the advantage. If it's after shooting then is somewhat balanced.

And as has been told several times in this forum, snipers are different because they have different roles. They aren't meant to fight each other as they were in vCoH, and I agree with that because sniper metagame in vCoH was absolutely lame.

Soviet snipers should be nerfed or rebalanced, but keeping them as a 2-men squad.
2 Sep 2014, 23:47 PM

given that the ostheer have better tanks, why shouldnt the soviets have better infantry?
3 Sep 2014, 00:24 AM

Soviet sniper team balance issue is antiquated matter and relic never react for it.

This soviet sniper issue were silenced after release of WFA. Because OB-West infantry support gun was quite good for it. But after nerf of support gun, this sniper balance issue is rear it's head.

I've attached replay a match between the highest team rankers. Axis dominated early-mid infantry phase but by soviet sniper team are spammed, the game was unnecessarily draggled.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/23491/2v2-road-to-kharkov/page/1#post_id209923

Soviet got various anti counter measures for counter sniper unit. Which mean there are no practical counters for soviet sniper team.

Many people saying about higher fire rate of ostheer sniper. But difficult to say advantage. Both snipers getting different amount of exp. Soviet sniper team even can vet up with 10 kills by axis combinate elite infantry. In contrast Ostheer sniper barely vet up with 20 kills. Though coh2 have not long history, it proved that survivality guarantees much more benefit than attack rate.

Flanking maneuvers, unit combination, little bit slower game tempo than other RTS game. All these are virtue of COH game. And spam style of soviet risks these factors so much. Especially sniper team and maxim..... sigh.... fuckin sick of talk about it.
3 Sep 2014, 01:41 AM

Permanently Banned
Sovs snipers are the most abusive unit in the game.
3 Sep 2014, 02:25 AM

Soviet sniper team balance issue is antiquated matter and relic never react for it.

This soviet sniper issue were silenced after release of WFA. Because OB-West infantry support gun was quite good for it. But after nerf of support gun, this sniper balance issue is rear it's head.

I've attached replay a match between the highest team rankers. Axis dominated early-mid infantry phase but by soviet sniper team are spammed, the game was unnecessarily draggled.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/23491/2v2-road-to-kharkov/page/1#post_id209923

Soviet got various anti counter measures for counter sniper unit. Which mean there are no practical counters for soviet sniper team.

Many people saying about higher fire rate of ostheer sniper. But difficult to say advantage. Both snipers getting different amount of exp. Soviet sniper team even can vet up with 10 kills by axis combinate elite infantry. In contrast Ostheer sniper barely vet up with 20 kills. Though coh2 have not long history, it proved that survivality guarantees much more benefit than attack rate.

Flanking maneuvers, unit combination, little bit slower game tempo than other RTS game. All these are virtue of COH game. And spam style of soviet risks these factors so much. Especially sniper team and maxim..... sigh.... fuckin sick of talk about it.

this is what i kind of saw in that replay:

axis spammed infantry, okw only bought volksgren with panzershreks for the most part (no idea why he kept buying the shreks, there were no vehicles). ostheer bought a wider mix but it was all infantry. no vehicles at all came in to play until 15 minutes (1 panzer came out). okw didnt buy any vehicles until 25 minutes (he floated to get the jadjpanther).

Allies bassically brought what the smart thing was to bring. Mgs and snipers. These are hard counters to what the axis team was packing.

Imagine if instead of going for the long float if the okw guy instead bought a puma. You guys could have secured victory in the first 10-15 minutes of the game.
3 Sep 2014, 03:39 AM

this is what i kind of saw in that replay:

axis spammed infantry, okw only bought volksgren with panzershreks for the most part (no idea why he kept buying the shreks, there were no vehicles). ostheer bought a wider mix but it was all infantry. no vehicles at all came in to play until 15 minutes (1 panzer came out). okw didnt buy any vehicles until 25 minutes (he floated to get the jadjpanther).

Of cause allies don't have many vehicles because many combat package volks are on the field. It's let them hesitate when allies trying to use light vehicles. It is one of how to control game flow. If you can't control it opponent do.

Allies bassically brought what the smart thing was to bring. Mgs and snipers. These are hard counters to what the axis team was packing.

Soviet would use same combination against there are how many infantires on the field. Because it works great what matter axis do.

Imagine if instead of going for the long float if the okw guy instead bought a puma. You guys could have secured victory in the first 10-15 minutes of the game.

Are you suggesting puma for a few minutes? What about waste fuel for puma and then kicked out by ISU152. Flak building was busted so massive fuel is gone already. One of allies also didn't tech up for ISU152. Which mean Axis also need to save fuels for counter for it. Opportunity cost is not the same especially OB-West.

With your saying, I guarantee that you'll lose. I'm pretty sure of it. Man, you should consider each team's combination and strategy even trend too. What your saying is little bit nonsense to me.
3 Sep 2014, 03:46 AM

there was never a counter to the puma on the field, i saw 1 at gun the whole game. Puma could have done a lot for the axis team... espeically since the entire okw roster was anti tank units. If an isu came in to the field they would have had the situation under control.

also you should look at the float on the okw guy, he didnt even activate the conversion of munitions to fuel, and he bought his jadjpanther way late. there was easily the needed 70 fuel available. he just kept making volksgren with shreks so the soviet guy was like ok ill keep making snipers.
3 Sep 2014, 04:05 AM

there was never a counter to the puma on the field, i saw 1 at gun the whole game. Puma could have done a lot for the axis team... espeically since the entire okw roster was anti tank units. If an isu came in to the field they would have had the situation under control.

also you should look at the float on the okw guy, he didnt even activate the conversion of munitions to fuel, and he bought his jadjpanther way late. there was easily the needed 70 fuel available. he just kept making volksgren with shreks so the soviet guy was like ok ill keep making snipers.

I really admire your ignorance but bravery. keep saying late puma with 1-3-2 tech.you are the world best i think.
3 Sep 2014, 04:05 AM

Permanently Banned
Hopefully this gets fxied
3 Sep 2014, 04:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Hopefully this gets fxied

Until then, Learn to play....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W