Login

russian armor

Overdue for a Patch?

31 Aug 2014, 04:07 AM

Does anyone feel like the game has gotten pretty stagnant lately? We all know that there are several glaring issues with balance and faction design (snipers vs OKW, Ostheer T4 and the call-in system in general), but it's been a pretty long time since we had a significant balance patch (about a month and a half at my count). Personally, its starting to sap my enjoyment of the game to see the same few units and strategies used over and over again on the ladder (especially against Soviets, to be honest). How does everyone else feel? And has Relic said anything about the next patch beyond vague statements about issues they'd like to address?
31 Aug 2014, 04:14 AM

absolutely. I figured we would have had another patch by now.. Sure COH2 has had a lot more patches than the original, but they are sorely needed IMO.
31 Aug 2014, 04:41 AM
Patrion 14

not "glaring" issues compared to items fixed by last few patches.

also hasn't it been only a month since last patch?
31 Aug 2014, 04:46 AM

i think it is exactly a month since the last major patch.

i am itching for a big patch though....
31 Aug 2014, 05:16 AM

im hoping for a patch that changes call ins to be tied to tech unlocks.
31 Aug 2014, 05:27 AM

It's been exactly one month and relic usually aims for a patch every month and a half, though they often do it a bit earlier. I'd say we should see one next week.

From what I hear we should see some changes to infantry like cons, volks, and riflemen. As well as whermacht T4 changes. Maybe we will even see new WFA commanders.
31 Aug 2014, 06:11 AM

we need a patch!!!
31 Aug 2014, 06:15 AM

Yeah game has stagnated,need patch soon.Plz change 1 infantry,1 tank meta-6 months is enough for ost.
31 Aug 2014, 06:16 AM

I'm hoping for a patch that makes Ost T4 cheaper, slight buff for conscript scaling, MG42 buff, MG34 slight nerf, Riflemen long range dps slight tone down, LMGs to short-mid range, (G43 and SVT) for long range, Ost Panther matches OKW Panther statwise, StuPa buff ( More killing power, less scatter ).
31 Aug 2014, 11:03 AM

I'm not so keen on new patch as game is in a pretty good state as it is right now and only minor tweaks are needed.
Of course someone with more skill and experience can prove me wrong but I'd rather Relic take their time and present us with good quality changes.
31 Aug 2014, 11:11 AM

After WFA came out we were getting fortnightly patches or something. Now that the balance is in an OK place they're taking more time to prepare the next one. It's by no means as urgent as it once was.

The upside of them taking their time is that it's got more time for playtesting and so on. So in theory it should be a pretty good patch.
31 Aug 2014, 11:15 AM

They are working on OBS and this new campaigna dn i bnet they are working on some bigger balance patch too then dont worry
31 Aug 2014, 12:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Jesus chris the game needs a patch so bad I don't even play allies anymore because of the bad faction design. It's not fun to play them.
31 Aug 2014, 12:34 PM

They are working on OBS and this new campaigna dn i bnet they are working on some bigger balance patch too then dont worry
Those are different teams. The balance team works separately from the guys who make the campaign.
31 Aug 2014, 13:07 PM

Jesus chris the game needs a patch so bad I don't even play allies anymore because of the bad faction design. It's not fun to play them.

I fully aggree!
31 Aug 2014, 13:17 PM

I think every faction is a mess. USF have strong AI from their core infantry but lack late game power, soviet conscripts scaling into late game quite poorly, OKW having units like JLI and Fallschirmjager that defeat conscripts at point blank when conscripts are in cover while they are not and Ost having redundant stuff like StuPa and Panther.

Very messy. I miss the time before WFA :*(
31 Aug 2014, 13:42 PM

Seriously, when did people start to say StuPa instead of Brummbär...

and a patch is very needed at the moment.
31 Aug 2014, 13:43 PM

Seriously, when did people start to say StuPa instead of Brummbär...

and a patch is very needed at the moment.
Only I who use the term StuPa other than the real WW2 wehrwehr. Give some credit to me for being unique.
31 Aug 2014, 14:33 PM

Patch is wanted, but I suspect a large one coming with all the attention relic asked for maps, longe range combat, ...
31 Aug 2014, 15:30 PM

It's a little distressing that the game lasts about as long as it takes to figure out the changes from the last patch before realizing that serious changes still need to occur.

It's only been over a year.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS