Login

russian armor

Overdue for a Patch?

31 Aug 2014, 15:39 PM

There are problems too fundamental to go away with normal patching, unless of course, they make major changes which I doubt will happen. There are however allot of bugs that need to be addressed and some balance tweaks that are needed
31 Aug 2014, 16:18 PM

With all the hints we got through relic during the last weeks, we will get a big patch, tailored for balance due the ESL push relic has in mind.
31 Aug 2014, 16:29 PM

With all the hints we got through relic during the last weeks, we will get a big patch, tailored for balance due the ESL push relic has in mind.
Imagine the NUMBER OF THREADS about the balance people will be complaining about.
31 Aug 2014, 18:39 PM

Every day I wake up and hope to see the patch notes up. Maybe if this thread gets big enough a dev might grace us with their presence and tell us when we can expect a patch?
31 Aug 2014, 21:29 PM

Every day I wake up and hope to see the patch notes up. Maybe if this thread gets big enough a dev might grace us with their presence and tell us when we can expect a patch?

I'd like to think we will see it drop this week!
31 Aug 2014, 21:44 PM

maybe no patch at all because of vacation
31 Aug 2014, 22:26 PM

i dont think relic is ignoring discussions and feedback about balance. I think its more about letting a patch settle and give the community time to form educated opinions on the changes, check out game stats, etc before they put the next patch out.

If they put out balance patches every other week thered be no time for people to learn what the changes are or how they impact the game, or if they fix balance issues or cause other balance issues.
1 Sep 2014, 00:22 AM

Yeah, you're right, it needs time. But some of the things needing to be changed are pretty obvious and have been around long enough to be seen and fixed.
1 Sep 2014, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 13:17 PMsteel
I think every faction is a mess. USF have strong AI from their core infantry but lack late game power, soviet conscripts scaling into late game quite poorly, OKW having units like JLI and Fallschirmjager that defeat conscripts at point blank when conscripts are in cover while they are not and Ost having redundant stuff like StuPa and Panther.

Very messy. I miss the time before WFA :*(

Agreed. I've been playing MOW instead of this sh*t. The game is in desperate need of a patch
1 Sep 2014, 03:04 AM

Dying for a patch! May be only a month but it feels like longer, hoping to see new commanders soon want OKW to get something different.
1 Sep 2014, 06:19 AM

I think the problem is that 'minor' issues like maxim spam/sniper spam etc are more significant than they appear simply due to the fact that nerfing them in turn requires an extensive rebalance of the Soviet early-game units (particularly penals and cons) lest they turn the faction into a piece of junk. If a faction is surviving due to support units alone, you have a core design problem, not just a balance issue. I would hazard a guess that this is why the patch is taking a while.
1 Sep 2014, 06:31 AM

all I want for christmas is a stuka nerf
1 Sep 2014, 06:58 AM

They need some time to test, analyze, build, test and analyze again. Panic isnt a good thing while you r doing some work. I m ok with this. I dont want a huge change which is not tested or analyzed enough
1 Sep 2014, 14:07 PM

I hope it won't be another march deployment with absolute infantry imbalance, and 1,5 month of broken game, before tank balance fix.
1 Sep 2014, 14:18 PM

patch where? relic pls
2 Sep 2014, 02:31 AM

The fun thing about the patches is that I always remember this

with all the secret changes inside the code that some good folk find.
2 Sep 2014, 02:38 AM

The fun thing about the patches is that I always remember this

with all the secret changes inside the code that some good folk find.
But wait there's more. With every nerf we'll also throw in a double buff for the opponents. That's triple nerfs for a price of FREE! That's right, you get it all. The buff and the double nerf for the price of FREE! Order right now.

Call 1-800-531-7778 for the triple nerf now. That's 1-800-531-7778. Call now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★