Login

russian armor

Thoughts on the Kubelwagen

23 Oct 2014, 20:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

seems fine to me so far. Needs more testing though.
23 Oct 2014, 20:20 PM

Kubel is fine in Beta. Period.
23 Oct 2014, 20:34 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The Kubel always evinces this song (for me) :D :-

23 Oct 2014, 21:01 PM
Patrion 14

I find the kubel to be in a good spot right now. Economically, it no longer provides a net buff to the OKW players' fuel income. It is also now a more interesting unit to micro.

As OKW, I find that I can, with a little bit of effort, have my kubel alive in the lategame as a useful flank-control unit.

As USF and Sov, I have a relatively easy time destroying even a well-microed Kubel, since a little bit of planning goes a long way towards ending it.

I do however believe that the kubel should be exempted from main gun destroyed crits. Its just a bit too much for me seeing a kubel I just ambushed get away after eating two AT nades with a destroyed MG... How does that even make sense? :P
23 Oct 2014, 23:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not a matter of how much they change it's behaviour, more of how well it's counter are now working.
Even with a 5 fuel price, the chance of getting maphack for free is too much to ignore. Kubel is love, kubel is life.
24 Oct 2014, 00:22 AM

I find the kubel to be in a good spot right now. Economically, it no longer provides a net buff to the OKW players' fuel income. It is also now a more interesting unit to micro.

As OKW, I find that I can, with a little bit of effort, have my kubel alive in the lategame as a useful flank-control unit.

As USF and Sov, I have a relatively easy time destroying even a well-microed Kubel, since a little bit of planning goes a long way towards ending it.

I do however believe that the kubel should be exempted from main gun destroyed crits. Its just a bit too much for me seeing a kubel I just ambushed get away after eating two AT nades with a destroyed MG... How does that even make sense? :P

I think any light scout car can suffer this critical where it gets "main gun destroyed" and its HMG bursts into flames as a result... Quadmount m5's suffered this, but still had the ability to shoot, which is hilarious to see 4 burning 50 cals still firing at you. It makes zero sense and does need to be removed... :/
24 Oct 2014, 06:29 AM
Patrion 14

Viento, second post invissed, watch your language or you'll face the consequences.
11 Feb 2018, 19:07 PM

Kubel seems like a good idea, but after a few minutes into the game, you think "Shit, why didn't I just get an inf squad, it would have some vet by now, instead of that burning wreck of a kubel".
11 Feb 2018, 19:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2018, 19:07 PMShuko
Kubel seems like a good idea, but after a few minutes into the game, you think "Shit, why didn't I just get an inf squad, it would have some vet by now, instead of that burning wreck of a kubel".

It is understandable that you logged into what seems a recent thread. In fact, this thread last functioned properly in October 2014. Please try to look at the date of the last viewable post, before replying, ;)
11 Feb 2018, 19:54 PM

People actually justifying the old Kubel. Gold.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★