Login

russian armor

Thoughts on the Kubelwagen

31 Aug 2014, 00:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 23:26 PMPop
If I recall correctly the jeep and bike from vCoH were both unable to cause suppression and both were incredibly soft targets. If caught in a bad position they could quickly lose most of their health to a lone unit and ever suffer some engine criticals accelerating their death.

The bike was priced with this in mind at 180 (less health than the jeep)the jeep was 220. So 20 more mp you get suppression, genuine damage dealing and a sliver more health (if the hitpoints between the two games are comparable).

Fair point on the path finding that is definitely a negative (like alot of units including the wc51).

Food for thought.

You could chase units and kill them on retreat path in CoH1, in coh2 kubel doesnt do that, only supresses, after SETUP time
31 Aug 2014, 00:39 AM

I think the Kübel is fine, actually - and I don't think that it needs a fuel cost. I concur that in conjunction with a Pio it can be a serious annoyance in the early game, but it should be, because that is where its utility ends. If that. Bear in mind that it is fragile and can be easily pushed off the map by rifles/cons/maxims if one is outmicroed, and is actually hardcountered by the WC 51/M3, the former of which you cannot see coming by looking at base buildings. I've had no shortage of fun running an M3 into the already waiting Kübel, chasing him to the base and killing him. Ragequit ensueth.
31 Aug 2014, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 16:22 PMLSDuffy
I think anyone you says the kubel is OP just needs to drive one around, it has the worst pathing in the game and that is saying something.
>Driving forward when ordered to reverse? Check
>Crazy Uturns when reversed manually? Check
>Tokyo drifts? Check
Don't get me wrong it is a good unit, but if they are going to increase it's price than fix the pathing for godsake

+1.
31 Aug 2014, 04:07 AM

so they say Kubel > Jeep? watch a Jeep kill a squad on retreat ;)

At least the Jeep can do that, I've Kubel-chased Soviet Snipers 3/4 over the map and not even killed a model. That thing must have literally 0.5 DPS on the move.
31 Aug 2014, 04:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Kubel is fine.
31 Aug 2014, 05:03 AM

It is not just the Kubelwagen that suffers from pathfinding but all units do. The fact that you state it is fine is because you play against players with poor skill most likely. If you play against players like Jesulin, Milk, LEMON that have a good understanding of the game and good micromanagement in 2v2 AT with American's you will have a very tough time agains't this unit especially in combination with Sturmpioneers.

You could say well get a M20 the .50 call is decent well you stand correct but the OKW player can get a puma out as early as 7 min into the game because of the lockdown on the fuel. Bazookas don't cut it, they merely penetrate medium armor and are a burden to the effectiveness of the squad agains't other Infantry units. That and they miss a lot.
31 Aug 2014, 05:05 AM

I like watching the kubel turn in place like it has treads :3
31 Aug 2014, 10:58 AM

It is not just the Kubelwagen that suffers from pathfinding but all units do. The fact that you state it is fine is because you play against players with poor skill most likely. If you play against players like Jesulin, Milk, LEMON that have a good understanding of the game and good micromanagement in 2v2 AT with American's you will have a very tough time agains't this unit especially in combination with Sturmpioneers.

You could say well get a M20 the .50 call is decent well you stand correct but the OKW player can get a puma out as early as 7 min into the game because of the lockdown on the fuel. Bazookas don't cut it, they merely penetrate medium armor and are a burden to the effectiveness of the squad agains't other Infantry units. That and they miss a lot.

Do you even know that normally after the +5 minute mark, Kubel is useless? You want to weaken OKW's early game more?
31 Aug 2014, 17:48 PM

I'll add that sometimes the Kuble doesn't reload the machine gun after pushing a squad away so the next time you set up an ambush the gun will fire one bullet and then have to reload. In a situation where Oorah and AT grenades are being used the extra second makes a huge difference and results in a destroyed Kubel even though you set up the ambush perfectly.

I think Kubels are fine. If anything they need work done on them so they don't act stupidly.
Pop
22 Oct 2014, 08:00 AM

Pop gets his way yaaaayyy ;)
22 Oct 2014, 09:05 AM

One pure flaming post disappeared.

Atleast have something to say in this thread. You may agree or disagree but if you don't have anything constructive to say, please don't say anything.
22 Oct 2014, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 09:05 AMFlamee
One pure flaming post disappeared.

What? Who did I flame?

Atleast have something to say in this thread. You may agree or disagree but if you don't have anything constructive to say, please don't say anything.

Please. I see one-off comments like this all the time, in every single thread. You're just picking on me because you don't like what I say. Pure and simple.
22 Oct 2014, 09:15 AM

What? Who did I flame?

Please. I see one-off comments like this all the time, in every single thread. You're just picking on me because you don't like what I say. Pure and simple.

You didn't have anything to say. Just trolling.

You can report all posts that you see as flaming.
22 Oct 2014, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 09:15 AMFlamee

You didn't have anything to say. Just trolling.

You don't know what trolling is.

You yourself are trolling me because you let your personal likes and dislikes get in the way of your forum moderation.

If you feel particularly drunk on power right now, feel free to ban me.
22 Oct 2014, 09:39 AM

I do know what trolling is.

You didn't have any opinion in your original post. You just were insulting USF players.

If you still want to discuss the matter, feel free to send me a message and we can discuss this more.

Now this thread should continue on its discussion about Kubels.
22 Oct 2014, 11:57 AM
Patrion 14

Nightmare crush, plis stop being a nuissance to our mods. referring to a faction as "americunts" is enough for a mod to invis your reply.
I took a closer look to your post history and I can confirm you're just plain old trolling.

Think before you post in the future.
Kind regards
VK
22 Oct 2014, 13:24 PM

Played a few games one one as US and rest was OKW due to no one playing the beta or everyone afraid to play as OKW. The kubal is fine where it is, no more suppressing on the move. It still does the job when positioned correctly and can handle charging a squad or 2 or 3 squads with other other units. Loving the new cover system they have come up with.
23 Oct 2014, 17:10 PM
Benefactor 341

It needs to be 40 fuel more reasonably, since OP clearly & fairly argued that it's superior to the 20 fuel WCS.

I'm just going to assume (correct me if my assumption is wrong) that you're being serious, which sorta concerns me... You do realize that it currently costs forty fuel just to build your first tier-building (also putting into the equation that the OKW gets a 33% reduction the entire game in its overall fuel income), which would mean that you are essentially delaying your tech-up 100%, for each Kubelwagen you build. Second, I'm assuming (again, feel more than free to correct me if I'm wrong) that since the Kubelwagen is "OP" from your perspective, that it wouldn't get any significant buffs (if anything, I feel like you're implying it should be further nerfed), which essentially defeat the entire purpose of building and utilizing one in the first place. The Kubelwagen is fine as it is, if anything, it has ALREADY been nerfed in terms of suppression time and health (not to mention that the next patch is adding a five fuel cost to it).
23 Oct 2014, 17:50 PM

I thnik fuel cost does not change anything. It still can lock down fuel point. 5 fuel means nothing. Kubel should not be mobile suppression unit. It should be chasing unit or switch it with MG and make it 0 CP
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★