Login

russian armor

Is dropping really this common?

29 Aug 2014, 22:10 PM

So I've played maybe ten or so 4v4 automatches so far, and every single game there's been at least one person drop in the first half of the game, often in the first 5-10 minutes. Have I been incredibly unlucky in my first impression of team games, or is this common? At this rate I'm not sure I even want to keep playing team games if so many people drop...
29 Aug 2014, 22:32 PM

In my limited experience of 4v4, some peoples computers cannot handle the load and get disconnected right after the load screen OR they lose the very first engagement, look and see that their teammates are just sitting around and not helping then rage quite. BUT I have not played many random 4v4's.
29 Aug 2014, 22:32 PM

haven't had such an experience. Sure drops happen, but rarely imo.
29 Aug 2014, 22:33 PM

Permanently Banned
We need more info.. Were you losing or winning in these games. What faction?

(If you know) Whats your ranking in all the game modes. Lower skilled ranks experience the most drops.

As the ranks increase drops become relatively rare (from my experience)

I personally would drop if i have an incompetent team.

To avoid this. play and make friends, Team up with your team any time you can.
29 Aug 2014, 22:40 PM

My friend got bugsplat in loading screen today in a game. Probably not all your cases mentioned are technical issues, but some of them might be, the game could be more stable.
29 Aug 2014, 22:41 PM

Had teammates drop when we're winning and when we're losing. Ditto opposing team. As I said, I've just started, so my ranking will be low, but if I have to go through awful game after awful game, I don't see much point in bothering to be honest. I can understand dropping if your team is incompetent, I've considered it a few times myself, but the drop rate I've seen so far is a bit much.
29 Aug 2014, 22:42 PM

Yeah, I guess stability is an issue as well. Honestly, 4v4 just feels pretty bad so far. Rarely do people communicate, and matchmaking is pretty gung ho with the skill levels of those involved.
29 Aug 2014, 22:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 22:41 PMPumbaa
Had teammates drop when we're winning and when we're losing. Ditto opposing team. As I said, I've just started, so my ranking will be low, but if I have to go through awful game after awful game, I don't see much point in bothering to be honest. I can understand dropping if your team is incompetent, I've considered it a few times myself, but the drop rate I've seen so far is a bit much.

Post a separate thread asking for teammates to play with. This will help you alot
29 Aug 2014, 22:46 PM

Yeah, guess you're right. I'm probably judging things based on the worst possible evidence. I'll have a go at arranging a team sometime instead.
30 Aug 2014, 00:36 AM

Random player dropping from matches is a good reason to play with friends. Befriend players that stick around all match, make up a team and end up playing with less people dropping in your side.

If you don't have any friends to play coh2 with then I suggest Simba and Timone.
30 Aug 2014, 01:01 AM

Ideally, there should be a reconnect feature to account for game crashes and internet disconnections, a 5 minute grace period, at the end of 5 minutes the player can no longer reconnect. In 1v1s it would be a 1 minute pause of the game, in 2v2 and upwards, the game is not paused but AI takes over or alternatively, players can temporarily control the army. In addition to this, penalty for dropping games with random team mates - like every single other online ranked team play game out there.

Maybe soon TM.
30 Aug 2014, 02:57 AM

I play all 4v4s and yes this is very common. Not once every game, but very frequently.
30 Aug 2014, 20:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 22:42 PMPumbaa
Yeah, I guess stability is an issue as well. Honestly, 4v4 just feels pretty bad so far. Rarely do people communicate, and matchmaking is pretty gung ho with the skill levels of those involved.

If you 've just started 4v4 then your rank will be low and you'll be teamed with terrible people.

Of course this means if they do drop or quit its no great loss, especially as how the opposition tend to get complacent when that happens.

However 4v4 is not for everybody, and arranged 4v4 and random 4v4 are different beasts.

Random 4v4 is all about dealing with the chaos, you have 7 people to worry about and not all of them are the enemy
30 Aug 2014, 20:15 PM

If you 've just started 4v4 then your rank will be low and you'll be teamed with terrible people.

Of course this means if they do drop or quit its no great loss, especially as how the opposition tend to get complacent when that happens.

However 4v4 is not for everybody, and arranged 4v4 and random 4v4 are different beasts.

Random 4v4 is all about dealing with the chaos, you have 7 people to worry about and not all of them are the enemy

your teammates are enemies in random 4v4:D:hyper:
30 Aug 2014, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 20:15 PMNinjaWJ

QFT. I have had teammates mortaring their own medic bunkers when I made use of them. Unbelievable I know.
30 Aug 2014, 22:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fear not a dangerous enemy, rather than a stupid teammate.
30 Aug 2014, 23:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Fear not a dangerous enemy, rather than a stupid teammate.

tell me about it
31 Aug 2014, 00:30 AM

Even if you have a shitlord teammate drop, you should try to play it out anyway

Especially if you're axis. Get to those late game supertanks and push, and let your computer ally cap everything
31 Aug 2014, 01:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 20:15 PMNinjaWJ

Teamkill doesn't happen very often, in 1384 hours I have seen it happen three times

However, one of the key differences between 1v1 and team games is that in 1v1 there are only two players.

You know what your guys are doing (or you should...), and the only unknown is what the one enemy guy is doing.

In 4v4, especially with randoms, you have to pay attention not just to your fight, but the fight as a whole.

Is the other guy person on your side of the map making an attack or getting ready?

Did he just retreat?

Are there 3 enemy tripe teaming your two allies on the other side of the map?

Did a Tiger Ace or King Tiger turn up the other side of the map that you can bomb or mark target on?

Because there is so much more going on, squishy units that require careful micro to stay alive tend not to be seen very much. You are basically betting that you can keep them alive against 4 other guys trying to kill them

This is why snipers hardly ever get seen in 4v4

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS