Login

russian armor

Skipping tier 1

29 Aug 2014, 15:48 PM

Hi, i have been trying this strategy in witch i try to go armor heavy and try to get my tanks out as fast as possible. the tanks i like to get out are 2 stugs and then a panzer 4. But i have notice that by skipping tier 1 i'm lacking anti tank units such as the pak43 and the Pgrens with shrecks. The positive side about that is that i have alot of manpower to invest in such as fuel caches and i can also build a pak howitzer or railway artillery depending on the commander choice.

the build i go for is 3 grens 1 mg then try to go for tier 2 as fast as possible.
and when i have alot of manpower floating i like to get snipers or more mgs out.
i have been loosing alot trying this strategy out xD.
if you have any tips feel free to leave a reply.
29 Aug 2014, 16:49 PM

P.S i'm a noob :D
29 Aug 2014, 17:33 PM

Hi let me just start by making a small correction you are talking about skipping tier 2 not
tier 1, tier 1 is where you have gren, mg, mortar and sniper, tier 2 is the one with pack, pgren and light vehicles.

In my opinion ostheer is simply the only faction that cant skip a tier so this strat just doesn't feel viable, in times past this was actually possible but ever since the tier cost was changed its just not doable.

It will lose vs soviet tier 1 strats because you need scout car vs sniper or m3, you could try to rely on a doctrine to counter tier 1 only 2 doctrines that i can think of come with the 250 halftrack call in, one gives you LMG gren and its stock, the other gives you pgren with the halftrack so that's one way to get AT support until tanks arrive but this doctrine is DLC. It will lose vs any US Strats because you need pack to counter light vehicles which are available in any tier the US chooses to start with.

Also if you are serious about skipping tier 2 than create a bigger tier 1 army 3 gren, mg is a nice start then unlock Battle phase 1 to get lmg on grens, but keep making more units 1 more mg maybe a mortar if the map relies on house control or green cover, and more grens, not getting pgren so 2 more gren at least, if you float a lot of mp build fuel cashes to speed your tank production.

There is no point is rushing for tier 3 for medium tanks if you don't have the fuel yet, you build tier 3 and are left with 10 or 20 fuel that was a waste of mp that should be used to create a bigger army, start battle phase 2 when you have about 140 fuel, cost 55 for BP2, 25 for Tier 3, and 80 for Stug, 55 + 25 + 80 = 160 so by the time tier 3 is up you can afford your first tank right away.

But ultimately jut don't skip the tier its only 15 fuel its not going to make such a huge difference and you need the units it provides at some point, hope this helped in any way
30 Aug 2014, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 17:33 PMJZuna
Hi let me just start by making a small correction you are talking about skipping tier 2 not
tier 1, tier 1 is where you have gren, mg, mortar and sniper, tier 2 is the one with pack, pgren and light vehicles.

In my opinion ostheer is simply the only faction that cant skip a tier so this strat just doesn't feel viable, in times past this was actually possible but ever since the tier cost was changed its just not doable.

It will lose vs soviet tier 1 strats because you need scout car vs sniper or m3, you could try to rely on a doctrine to counter tier 1 only 2 doctrines that i can think of come with the 250 halftrack call in, one gives you LMG gren and its stock, the other gives you pgren with the halftrack so that's one way to get AT support until tanks arrive but this doctrine is DLC. It will lose vs any US Strats because you need pack to counter light vehicles which are available in any tier the US chooses to start with.

Also if you are serious about skipping tier 2 than create a bigger tier 1 army 3 gren, mg is a nice start then unlock Battle phase 1 to get lmg on grens, but keep making more units 1 more mg maybe a mortar if the map relies on house control or green cover, and more grens, not getting pgren so 2 more gren at least, if you float a lot of mp build fuel cashes to speed your tank production.

There is no point is rushing for tier 3 for medium tanks if you don't have the fuel yet, you build tier 3 and are left with 10 or 20 fuel that was a waste of mp that should be used to create a bigger army, start battle phase 2 when you have about 140 fuel, cost 55 for BP2, 25 for Tier 3, and 80 for Stug, 55 + 25 + 80 = 160 so by the time tier 3 is up you can afford your first tank right away.

But ultimately jut don't skip the tier its only 15 fuel its not going to make such a huge difference and you need the units it provides at some point, hope this helped in any way
30 Aug 2014, 08:08 AM

yeah your right skipping battlephase 1 is a bad idea since i'm lacking at units and i can easily get countered by my opponent in the early game with there call ins or vehicles. thanks your advice helped alot.
30 Aug 2014, 09:09 AM

You should still build the T2 building, in case you need a PAK. A couple of P4s can't penetrate kv1s/kv8s, and in a base rape you'd wish you'd built T2 earlier.

Against conscript spam or soviet T2, you probably don't need any T2 units early. But later in the game, a PAK is essential for tank battles (except against ISU and maybe m8a1s).

Of course, against Soviet T1, you want to get a scout car out 5 mins in the game always.

And against US, always get an early PAK against M15 or stuart, which will come.
31 Aug 2014, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 17:33 PMJZuna

I agree with you skiping T2 is a bad idea.I usually just get it for pack and maybe sdkf.A bit of advise don't get pg's the are useless eve with vet3.They get killed so easily.Back to the main
point.Imo skiping t2 and going mk4 is a bad idea.You should go for panther.Also getting the sniper isn't all that great.In coh 2 he is useless in coh 1 he was great.If you are going to skip t2 you should get lots of mg's and mortars:D

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★