Login

russian armor

elefant or tiger

29 Aug 2014, 07:42 AM

hi guys. im a fairly noob coh2 player and I play team games mostly. I have difficulty deciding late game tech to either choose for tiger doctrine or elefant doctrine. Mostly tiger will do good vs most allied armor but than isu152 will show up and face rape the tigers, then i wish i had gone for elefant. If I choose elefant it doesnt have any AI capabilities and its difficult to contain vetted allied inf. worse the isu152 does kill all inf.

what do you guys suggest as late game tech unit?
29 Aug 2014, 08:01 AM

This is really situation depended. As you stated yourself, Elephant has no AI capabilities and therefore Tiger is better all-around tank.

However Elephant is of course best hard-counter to ISU.

Maybe you should wait a little longer before selecting your doctrine? See what your mates are doing, ask them what doctrine they are planning. Also learn what kind of commander abilities predict ISU. If you see guards, that should be the first alarm.

In my opinion Tiger is safer tank to select. It has good AI and AT. It can take a lot of hits before going down. Along with faster tanks, it can take ISU down also.
29 Aug 2014, 08:16 AM
Donator 11

Never get an elephant. Just because of its retarded pathing. And its pretty easy to get flanked, buttoned and bomb striked.
29 Aug 2014, 10:59 AM

Dont get Elefant this patch, useless extinct piece of metal.
Tell a teammate to go Jagdtiger, is better at countering ISuck152 and go for Tiger to cover him against infantry attacks.
31 Aug 2014, 10:52 AM

The elephant commanders aren't all that good anyway.They give you the elephant and that's about the best thing you get imo.With the elephant you cant really put preasure on the enemy.You can't advance and try to take a point or chase down a t34 or jackson.You have to hold back at a key point and let other tanks absorbe the fire while you just plug the enemy.If you are lucky they won't notice you so that they kill you.While with the tiger all you need is a bit of inf. for support or another tank (mk4 or panther).You can advance on points yo deffend more easily(can't get flanked)and generally you are in a better position.Also the tiger commanders are much better.Imo the tiger is better choice.The elephant and the tiger have same price.
1 Sep 2014, 02:13 AM

Although it's under performing, it's not extinct. ISU performs largely better against everything else in comparison.

Well, the elefant can deflect 50% of most AT shots with its 200mm armour. Opponents will always focus on it, so it's a great tank to soak dmg for your P4s. It has a hull mg and can randomly snipe like PAKs, so you may get a decent amount of inf dmg.

It counters ISU, so it's worth it there. Even if the elefant doesn't get to finish off tanks, at least your PAKs won't get wiped since the elefant can scare it off. It performs better synergy with a P4 than a P4 + tiger against ISU.

Its mostly an overpriced tanky 'shield', area of denier and a magnet for flanking (which is a pro). Don't get it against US, that's all.
3 Sep 2014, 16:53 PM

Although it's under performing, it's not extinct. ISU performs largely better against everything else in comparison.

Well, the elefant can deflect 50% of most AT shots with its 200mm armour. Opponents will always focus on it, so it's a great tank to soak dmg for your P4s. It has a hull mg and can randomly snipe like PAKs, so you may get a decent amount of inf dmg.

It counters ISU, so it's worth it there. Even if the elefant doesn't get to finish off tanks, at least your PAKs won't get wiped since the elefant can scare it off. It performs better synergy with a P4 than a P4 + tiger against ISU.

Its mostly an overpriced tanky 'shield', area of denier and a magnet for flanking (which is a pro). Don't get it against US, that's all.

Yea but after the enitial couple of hits it'l be down half health/Also if they sneak a t34 past your mk4's that's GOODBY mr elefant.
3 Sep 2014, 17:08 PM

Dont get Elefant this patch, useless extinct piece of metal.
Tell a teammate to go Jagdtiger, is better at countering ISuck152 and go for Tiger to cover him against infantry attacks.

ISUck152 xD Just made my day! <444>3
6 Sep 2014, 13:55 PM

ISUck152 xD Just made my day! <444>3

lol :)
8 Sep 2014, 06:49 AM

Yea but after the enitial couple of hits it'l be down half health/Also if they sneak a t34 past your mk4's that's GOODBY mr elefant.

Takes a bit more than a couple of hits to half its health. Theoretically, 6 AT guns shots (200 penetration vs 400 armour).

Sneak past P4s? U'd want grens and the P4 close by it and presume that you able to squeeze in a long range shot (which halfs the health of a t34). Though yeah, dual T34 85s would destroy it.

A mine or AT nade would cripple the elefant though. And a B4 would be devastating I guess.
8 Sep 2014, 07:35 AM

I go ISU when I see a panzerfusiliers to counter JagdTiger does that mean I suck? :unsure:
8 Sep 2014, 07:50 AM
Donator 11

Ye! Because you counter a commander with another commander! Abuser! Cheater! Get him!!!!!!1111oneone

Back to business :P

The "fortified armor doctrine" got a really nice call in unit, called Command Panzer IV. He not only provides a great Buff to your units and your mates ones (provides 20% less damage taken), he is also a perfect infantry killer (you can compare it to the PE ones in CoH1). In addition with some infantry it is able to defend your ele pretty well.

But like Flamee mentioned before, it really much depends onto the situation!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★