Login

russian armor

Vet 3 Pak cloaking is gone

29 Aug 2014, 02:46 AM

Working as intended™ or what?
29 Aug 2014, 02:48 AM

Yeah I don't know what's the deal with this is, maybe it got replaced by the stun shot (which doesn't fire 80% of the time)
29 Aug 2014, 03:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 02:48 AMLSDuffy
Yeah I don't know what's the deal with this is, maybe it got replaced by the stun shot (which doesn't fire 80% of the time)

The stun shot always fires afaik, it just fires at the ground where the tank used to be when the ability was enabled. The stun shot seems have a nigh-invisible trail as well- even when I do manage to stun a tank I never see the round leave the pak, only the tank getting stunned.

the pak stun works well with the ostheer puma / stug stun, since those track targets normally
so you can stunlock the stopped tank. it's probably for the better that the pak doesn't have the tracking stun shot- the Pak is already really good, and one pak being able to stun and kill any medium tank 100% of the time would be crazy OP.
29 Aug 2014, 04:55 AM

I noticed this yesterday, my vet3 pak dont cloak, and "target weak point" ability not work for me, this is bug, or ninja change for balance? What is relic statment?
29 Aug 2014, 10:26 AM

Cheers thanks for that response, now I know how to use the stun shot better
29 Aug 2014, 10:29 AM

Forget about cloaking dissapear. I had my vet3 pak deciding to not shoot every time I told him to. They don't even care about the T34 in front of them. It's a good thing it was a custom game against bots. If it was against players, I would have the crew hanged, drawn and quartered.
29 Aug 2014, 10:51 AM

the pak stun round needs to be fixed. It was really useful back when it was working as intended™
29 Aug 2014, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 10:51 AMMackie
the pak stun round needs to be fixed. It was really useful back when it was working as intended™

Looking how ZiS-3 tracking was nerfed to the ground with double nerf, HEAT shot works 100% fine and intended.

Old factions simply are not allowed to have good, cost effective vet abilities, it is the privilege of WFA armies only.
29 Aug 2014, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 10:57 AMKatitof

Looking how ZiS-3 tracking was nerfed to the ground with double nerf, HEAT shot works 100% fine and intended.

Old factions simply are not allowed to have good, cost effective vet abilities, it is the privilege of WFA armies only.

i have to say i agree somewhat. Most WFA units have lots of abilites and most of them doesn't even need vet to unlock. Like the stuart stun round or the smoke, Seems like wfa gets all this stuff for free while armies like wehr have to use up a commander ability to get it. Albeit they get it on every single vehicle in the entire ar

29 Aug 2014, 11:07 AM

Target weak point is also bugged on the Okw Pak43.
29 Aug 2014, 11:19 AM

Target weak point is also bugged on the Okw Pak43.

Which only confirms that it works as intended.
29 Aug 2014, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 10:57 AMKatitof

Fair enough. Seems like a good way to get the old factions shunned upon.
29 Aug 2014, 11:25 AM

Just for comparison with ZiS-3 tracking, USF AT gun gets exactly the same+range increase+permanently for half the muni cost. It obviously doesn't have infantry tracking attached to it, but why AT guns and AT armored units can or should track infantry in the first place?

#reliclogic
29 Aug 2014, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 11:25 AMKatitof
Just for comparison with ZiS-3 tracking, USF AT gun gets exactly the same+range increase+permanently for half the muni cost. It obviously doesn't have infantry tracking attached to it, but why AT guns and AT armored units can or should track infantry in the first place?

#reliclogic
To snipe them :D

Maybe it's to help them get out of the place before the infantry can actually sneak around the map appearing in the house next to the AT gun.
29 Aug 2014, 11:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 11:19 AMKatitof

Which only confirms that it works as intended.

Two mirrored units sharing the same behaviour most definitely confirms that it's intentional and part of the game's design. Just like how since all MGs in the game get the 180-degree-turn-and-deploy, it's a feature.

Or maybe, just maybe, the two units just had code governing behaviour copied over, bugs and all. Especially since the Pak 40 and 43 had working Target Weak Point at some point last year before a patch broke it.
29 Aug 2014, 12:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Vet 3 cloak has been removed with the western front armies (maybe even a patch before the alpha started, not sure).

It was an intended change since Relic is aware of it and never fixed it
29 Aug 2014, 23:46 PM
Patrion 27

I can't imagine it is an intentional change.

One of my friends told me Ambush Camouflage on infantry has been acting odd lately, sometimes maintaining cloak while moving from cover to cover, like a sniper.

All of the camouflage abilities in the game seem to have odd behavior at times.
29 Aug 2014, 23:53 PM

Ambush Camouflage works now? The last time I tried to use it, my Panzergrens got nearly wiped by Conscripts, so I gave them Panzerschrecks and tried to ambush a T-70. They missed all 4 Panzerschreck shots. I tried it again with LMG Grenadiers and they almost got wiped out as well.

I assumed the modifiers were backwards making me take more damage while being less accurate, instead of taking less damage and being more accurate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★