Login

russian armor

How to customize hotkeys

28 Aug 2014, 11:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I know that lots of people have asked about this before, so I figured I would take a short break from studying for my applied spectroscopy exam tomorrow and make a video demonstrating how to create a simple AutoHotKey script to reassign hotkeys. This works for COH2 and COH1, and also works when you are using Windowed Fullscreen mode, OBS, etc.

Code
#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes
½::Numpad0
XButton1::G
XButton2::U
return
28 Aug 2014, 11:31 AM

Good guide, wished this tutorial was around when I was learning how to use my tac map.
28 Aug 2014, 12:06 PM

Thanks comrade!
24 Sep 2014, 21:28 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Hi,

I share with you my AutoHotkey script in case anyone interested.
I use the CoH 2 gridkeys (to activate : Menu -> Options -> Gameplay -> Classic Hotkeys -> OFF).

Qwerty keyboard version :

Azerty keyboard version :

Qwertz keyboard version :

25 Sep 2014, 00:06 AM

I dont think the "Send .Click{X, Y}" part of your script is necessary, as alt+. or !. has the same functionality without having to rely on clicking on coordinates.
25 Sep 2014, 00:45 AM

Nop, alt+. and alt+/ are used for cycle through only idle infantry squads/vehicles. ;)
25 Sep 2014, 01:12 AM

Ah youre right, my bad.

I wish there was a way to make the camera jump to the location of individual subselected units in a (control) group with the press of a button.

Or in general a "jump to unit" button.
25 Sep 2014, 09:29 AM

I recently discovered that the ' key is the one to go to the unit, also the camera is pinned above the unit so its always centered. (same function as doubleclick the picture of the unit)

Sometimes when I doubleclick a controlgroup it doesnt respond. Apperently you have to doubleclick quite fast. I assigned this key now to my middle mouse and trying to learn to use it.

It is a shame the customazation of keys is not possible from within the game. I cannot beleive this is still the case after so many patches.

Is there a document from Relic or something with all the key functions they are using? I think many people will be interested.
25 Sep 2014, 11:49 AM

I recently discovered that the ' key is the one to go to the unit, also the camera is pinned above the unit so its always centered. (same function as doubleclick the picture of the unit)

Unfortunately, if you have more than one unit selected the camera wont jump to the sub-selected unit but to the "center" of the group instead (in relation to the position of all units in that group).

For someone like me who plays a lot with controlgroups, the functionality to have the camera move to one member of the group at the press of a button would be amazing.
25 Sep 2014, 11:54 AM

Ah ok, yes I agree that it would be nice that it will go to one of the units insted of going to the center.

You now have to use TAB now to scroll to the right unit and click ' then.
25 Sep 2014, 12:25 PM

You now have to use TAB now to scroll to the right unit and click ' then.

Well unfortunately even that moves the camera to the center of the group. ' only moves the camera to the individual unit if you have no other unit at all selected...which kind of defeats the purpose, because in order to select a unit I have to:

a) Have it on the screen already, to click the unit itself

b) click on the unit in the upper right corner unit list, where I can also focus the unit by simply double-clicking

or c)
have the unit asigned to a control group (with no other units in it), in which case double tapping the number associated to the group will make the camera focus on the unit too.

So it would be really helpful if the ' key could be used to focus on one single unit in your group that you have sub selected with tab. Even double clicking on the unit portrait will simply move the camera to the center of the group. Thats quite frustrating^^
25 Sep 2014, 13:25 PM

Thank you lethalpi. :banana:

I updated my post for qwerty keyboeard version but for azerty keyboard version it don't works if we use control group 4 because "4" key and "'" key belong to the same key.
25 Sep 2014, 13:27 PM

Can't you not just doubleclick on the specific squad in the bottom when you have multiple selected? Didn't know that.
25 Sep 2014, 13:39 PM

When you have multiple selection you can use for example :
Code
DesiredKey::SendInput Tab''
25 Sep 2014, 13:55 PM

But senseo says that this wont work because the camera will move to a point between the 2 units.

I'am going to try some things tonight. Do not have COH2 on this machine.

btw Mithiriath, can you explain the part:
what does state = D mean?
25 Sep 2014, 14:00 PM

When you have multiple selection you can use for example :
Code
DesiredKey::SendInput Tab''

What does that do?
25 Sep 2014, 14:01 PM

I tried and it works for me. ^^

Edit : @Senseo1990: It cycle through all units selected/in control group with camera over
@lethalpi: "D" state mean key mention above (Shift as it happens) is down. I want to use wsad keys as arrow when Shift key pushed.
25 Sep 2014, 14:14 PM

I tried and it works for me. ^^

Edit : @Senseo1990: It cycle through all units selected/in control group with camera over
@lethalpi: "D" state mean key mention above (Shift as it happens) is down

Are you sure? Because all it does for me is moving the camera to the group, but not individual units.
25 Sep 2014, 14:41 PM

@lethalpi: "D" state mean key mention above (Shift as it happens) is down

Ah so you are holding down the Shift key when you want to use WSAD to scroll the map? Is that right?
25 Sep 2014, 14:48 PM

@Senseo1990: Yes, I'm sure (for me).
@lethalpi: Yes, exactly. (I use a mouse button to behave like Shift key to make hotkey easier.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★