Login

russian armor

How to buff the SU-76!

28 Aug 2014, 10:37 AM

Guys guys... you forget about assymmetrical balance, right Cannonade? Let's face it, the Kingtiger needs some more abilities... Let's give him a nuke it would just be fair :)

Nono!

I'm quite sure you will agree that SU76 should have KT armor and maingun, but stay the same cost!

The nuke. Dont be ridiculous. It wasn't even invented at this point. Historical accuracy is important, you know.

:)

Oh yes, and lets not forget, Cons should be free and carry plasma rifles!
28 Aug 2014, 12:33 PM

just give su76 merge and it will be fine. maybe buff the PZ4 as well since SU76 got a buff
28 Aug 2014, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2014, 12:33 PMNinjaWJ
just give su76 merge and it will be fine. maybe buff the PZ4 as well since SU76 got a buff

But if it got merge it would be greatly overpowered compared to StuG that doesn't have it, so to compensate for it we need to buff all stats of all german armor by 100%.
28 Aug 2014, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2014, 12:35 PMKatitof

But if it got merge it would be greatly overpowered compared to StuG that doesn't have it, so to compensate for it we need to buff all stats of all german armor by 100%.

Op already took balance into account in his description of how all conscripts explode once the SU-76 begins the merge process
28 Aug 2014, 12:55 PM

Op already took balance into account in his description of how all conscripts explode once the SU-76 begins the merge process

Yes, but that only fixes overpowered conscripts merging grenadiers to death.
There would still be huge balance problem of merging to death axis armor.
28 Aug 2014, 13:50 PM

This is a textbook example of Sov-style balance discussion at its very finest :)

Its very good at getting absolutely nothing done and it sure is fun! :D
28 Aug 2014, 13:56 PM

This is a textbook example of Sov-style balance discussion at its very finest :)

Its very good at getting absolutely nothing done and it sure is fun! :D

*facepalm*
This is a troll page, something that you apparently fell for.
Enkidu <444>3 you for this.

I know this is a joke/troll thread
28 Aug 2014, 14:02 PM

*facepalm* This is a troll page, something that you apparently fell for.

This a joke topic?!

Surely you jest, my comrade!

We are discussing serious balance issue with true Sov-style here!
28 Aug 2014, 14:31 PM

Permanently Banned

Nono!

I'm quite sure you will agree that SU76 should have KT armor and maingun, but stay the same cost!

The nuke. Dont be ridiculous. It wasn't even invented at this point. Historical accuracy is important, you know.

:)

Oh yes, and lets not forget, Cons should be free and carry plasma rifles!

Good points you made there! But hey, german Sturmpioniere they are just too weak in melee fights! They need some light upgrade, maybe lightsabers (colour can be bought as DLC) and force abilities on Vet 1. So they can fight against the evil Conscripts! :D
28 Aug 2014, 14:42 PM

(edited)
28 Aug 2014, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2014, 14:42 PMNinjaWJ
well it was all fine in the other thread before you showed up....

Im truly sorry you feel that way, but you really dont have to.

I just posted my opinion and point of view on the subject in that thread, respectfully and constructively.
There is nothing wrong with that, or?

The thread is still there, by all means, post in it to your hearts content!

PS: Why so sad?
Surely you remember I was the guy who linked you the patchlist site and stat site when you needed them, right?
28 Aug 2014, 15:12 PM

Why don't we take this idea to the extreme and make the SU-76 able to MERGE with the Conscripts? Iron and flesh, combined in one blasphemous machine, moaning and screaming in agony as it marches toward the enemy, just like out of a David Cronenberg movie about the Second World War. Was it not this what Bismarck had in mind when he gave his "Blood and Iron"-speech? This, my comrades, is what the Red Army needs!

Do you se how aesthetically pleasing it would be to have a tank destroyer of the Red Army fueled by red russian blood? It would instill absoulute terror in the enemy, show that RTS games can still be innovative in 2014 while asssuring absolute historical correctness, and make the Soviet tiering system less stale.

Maybe it could even be arranged that when you build a SU-76, you get a SU-76 squad consisting of six SU-76, each one as big as a dog, while equipped with PPsHs. This way, each member of a Shock squad could have its own pet SU-76, maybe even teach it some tricks like like "Sit", "Roll over" or "Walking Stuka-barrage on the enemy medic truck". Truely, I think this is the future of CoH2.

28 Aug 2014, 15:21 PM
Patrion 14

Some of you make me cringe.
28 Aug 2014, 15:25 PM

Whatever you guys smoke, where did you get it? have a phone number? :mcsteve:
28 Aug 2014, 15:31 PM

Swapping SU76 and t70 puts Soviet t3 with two most generalist and soft-counter type units the Soviets have, one with a turret and one without.

T4 would then have a very dedicated anti infantry unit (t70) with a turret, and specialized anti tank unit without a turret.

That seems much more balanced than it stands with the t34 and SU85 having a sort of junior version of itself in its tier for virtually the same price.

It still doesn't change the fact that SU76s suck, but they're much more anti tank oriented than a t70. Whichever tier ends up with the SU76 is going to become the weaker tier.

A t70, SU85 and katyusha would make t4 wholly superior to t3.

As such, a functional role for the SU76 would be to act like the Axis puma: a vehicle sniper. Considering it's unturreted, it would be vastly harder to offensively push with the SU76, but it would be rather decent in a defensive role.
28 Aug 2014, 16:30 PM

Nobody thought about placing SU-76 in T0 and moving Conscripts to T4?

That would balance the game, Conscripts' Merge is too powerful for the early game.
28 Aug 2014, 16:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Why don't we take this idea to the extreme and make the SU-76 able to MERGE with the Conscripts? Iron and flesh, combined in one blasphemous machine, moaning and screaming in agony as it marches toward the enemy, just like out of a David Cronenberg movie about the Second World War. Was it not this what Bismarck had in mind when he gave his "Blood and Iron"-speech? This, my comrades, is what the Red Army needs!

Do you se how aesthetically pleasing it would be to have a tank destroyer of the Red Army fueled by red russian blood? It would instill absoulute terror in the enemy, show that RTS games can still be innovative in 2014 while asssuring absolute historical correctness, and make the Soviet tiering system less stale.

Maybe it could even be arranged that when you build a SU-76, you get a SU-76 squad consisting of six SU-76, each one as big as a dog, while equipped with PPsHs. This way, each member of a Shock squad could have its own pet SU-76, maybe even teach it some tricks like like "Sit", "Roll over" or "Walking Stuka-barrage on the enemy medic truck". Truely, I think this is the future of CoH2.

Beautiful :clap:
28 Aug 2014, 18:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The lulz is strong on this one.
28 Aug 2014, 18:23 PM

While with these changes su-76 might become somewhat usefull, it will still be totally useless in team games being overshadowed by the M8A1.

What relic needs to do is to let su-76 be able to merge with easy eights.

Merging 2 su-76s into an easy eight gives you a pershing.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 14
United Kingdom 46
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W