Login

russian armor

How to buff the SU-76!

28 Aug 2014, 00:12 AM

So anyway guys, I just got done reading the "My thoughts & ideas on Conscripts" thread in it's entirety and I was in the shower thinking about all of the ideas put forth while trying to wash off the sadness when suddenly it occured to me... I know how to buff the SU-76! I jumped out of the shower, let loose a mighty "OOOORAAAAH!", picked myself up off the floor (for I am not a big man and the sheer force of such a mighty battle cry echoing down through the generations knocked me over), and ran to my computer to share these thoughts with you.

As you may or may not know, in the "My thoughts & ideas on Consrcipts" thread, it's commonly known that the dazzling UTILITY of merge and Oorah are what balance conscripts with the pure face melting dps of lmg grens. While this is pretty obvious, I thought to myself, "Why don't we do the same thing for the SU-76?". Instead of doing something silly like buffing it's stats or making it cheaper, why don't we stick with the intended core faction design and simply increase the SU-76's UTILITY to make it a better unit!? "But how on Earth can we do that?" you might ask in a faint, barely audible and kind of pathetic whisper. Simple, just give the SU-76... wait for it... Merge! I know, it's so simple right? I can't believe we didn't think of this before. "But that would be so much UTILITY, that would... that would..." you stammer, clearly confused. That would be perfect is what you're trying to say. "How could such a thing work?" You begin to... For God's sake, would you let me finish? I'll explain it all!

So, first of all, you would need to build tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, and tier 4; then once your SU-76 hits vet 3 (shouldn't be that hard if you know what you're doing) you gain access to the merge ability and you can merge it with an existing SU-85. For balance reasons, this can only be done in a friendly base sector, otherwise the UTILITY would be too much and disconnect percentages would probably sky rocket. Once the SU-76 and SU-85 are next to each other, click on the SU-76, click the merge button, then click on the SU-85. The SU-76 will mount the SU-85 like a proud soviet worker mounting a tractor and at this point a shredding guitar solo will begin playing, a laser light show will commence (to let your opponent know what's coming so he can prepare), all oil drums, fuel caches, munitions caches, health packs and conscripts (balance) will simultaneously explode, Michael Bay himself will join your game and begin screaming "MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE", and all allied M20s will rename themselves to simply the "M20 Car" out of shame. After about 30 seconds, Michael's voice will begin to crack, he'll begin to weep uncontrollably at all the UTILITY and he'll leave your game. At this point, you're free to use your new SU-85/76 (lovingly referred to as "The Big Doucheka" by the troops).

Of course, for balance sake, the SU-85/76 will still be unable to penetrate anything denser than or less dense than your average factional fanboy's mother (which let's face it is probably pretty dense) and it will still be two shot by Tigers, Panthers, P4s, Panzershreks, extended bursts from half-tracks and the stiff breeze created by firing PTRS rifles too closely to it. This must be or else the UTILITY would just be OP.

Anyway, what do you guys think? It seems so simple now but often the best solutions are the simple ones.
28 Aug 2014, 00:29 AM

You sir, win the internet.
28 Aug 2014, 00:35 AM

I disagree, Merge is the most powerful ability in the game. If you add it to the SU-76 you should remove another ability to compensate.

I suggest adding merge but removing the ability to shot.
28 Aug 2014, 00:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

seems OP
28 Aug 2014, 00:46 AM

Actually, if you add merge, you should remove the ability to produce units from all of your buildings--otherwise we'll need to add the ability to call in V1 strikes to Grenadiers to compensate!
28 Aug 2014, 00:56 AM
Patrion 27

Or... SU76 could be given a weapon profile like the M8 Scott and be able to fire over objects. Not as flashy as a guitar solo but whatthefuck.
28 Aug 2014, 01:08 AM

Totally OP. Too much utility from one unit. We will have to give the Stug a nuke to compensate.
28 Aug 2014, 01:10 AM

This is a good and fresh idea
28 Aug 2014, 01:24 AM

why buff su76? we have to keep asymmetric balance. i propose a damage and armor buff to the jagdtiger and KT to compensate
28 Aug 2014, 01:35 AM

Obersoldaten should be able to fly.

Historically they could.
28 Aug 2014, 03:12 AM

I support this idea if a proper hard counter is introduced.

To commemorate a return to the last time the SU-76 was slightly relevant, I suggest making this unit take catastrophic damage from running over bonfires.
28 Aug 2014, 03:23 AM

Sov fanbois destroying their own thread.

Classic...

Well done, comrades! :)
28 Aug 2014, 04:03 AM

I know this is a joke/troll thread, but I have an idea for buffing the SU-76: current stats, massive fuel decrease. I'm thinking around 35 fuel, and only 7 population. For 140 fuel, you could get four of them.

I think that'd be interesting to see.
28 Aug 2014, 04:40 AM

I know this is a joke/troll thread, but I have an idea for buffing the SU-76: current stats, massive fuel decrease. I'm thinking around 35 fuel, and only 7 population. For 140 fuel, you could get four of them.

I think that'd be interesting to see.

I love the idea of carefully-microed cheap glass cannons able to take on medium armor in the right hands but something would have to be done with the barrage. Maybe adding a muni cost per use.
28 Aug 2014, 08:11 AM

Healt from 320 to 400. Problem solved.
28 Aug 2014, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2014, 08:11 AMNEVEC
Healt from 320 to 400. Problem solved.

dat fuel costs and tier costs...........I won't even bother to love at it.
28 Aug 2014, 08:58 AM

Permanently Banned
Guys guys... you forget about assymmetrical balance, right Cannonade? Let's face it, the Kingtiger needs some more abilities... Let's give him a nuke it would just be fair :)
28 Aug 2014, 09:08 AM

Su-76 really needs some buff because now it can be killed by Sd.Kfz.222. I see three real ways to improve Su-76:
1. "Conservative": buff HP, armor and damage. But it will be just weak copy of Su-85
2. "Alternative": buff speed, rotation, acceleration and range
3. "OP cheat plz nerf": buff barrage ability
28 Aug 2014, 09:16 AM

The SU76 needs to be swapped with the T70. For reasons mentioned in the other thread.
28 Aug 2014, 09:28 AM

If it was up to me, I would redesign SU-76 firing mode, making default fire similar to the one of M8 scott(without the ability to shoot over buildings, unless certain distance is achieved) and ability being AT barrage where it would shoot like it does right now at vehicles with increased penetration.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★