Login

russian armor

I need friends...

27 Aug 2014, 21:31 PM

Okay.... I've introduced myself last week. Right now I'm exclusively playing US Forces. I've mostly been playing 2v2 or 3v3 comp stomps. Sometimes i am doing other things at the same time so i play alone with an AI team mate so I can pause the game. When I do play with a random real people...... whew. The vast majority of the time they just plain suck. Now I'm new, and I suck, but DAMN. The last guy I played with built three of the russian m3 scout cars and three con squads and then nothing. He sat around the OKW medic truck attacking it with those units for seriously five minutes. i tried to get him to do something else as, that obviously wasn't working. He then proceeded to quit. This is one of the better experiences I've had playing with random people. Most of the time they do not communicate what they are doing, even to the point of what commanders they are using. They usually do something incredibly stupid, and get us pinned in our base and we lose. I seriously am enjoying playing with an AI mate more than these guys. I need real people who aren't 11 years old to play with, because this is ridiculous. I'm a casual gamer, but I do want to improve, though I doubt I'll ever hit top 100. I friggin love this game so far, I think I hit 100 hours today. Nobody i know plays the game, and it seems like there is a great community not full of trolls. I do want to join a clan in the future, but i feel my skill level is way too low so, at the moment I find the AI on hard a challenge, standard makes for a 15 minute game, but again, with a turd mate 1 v 2 is impossible for me. I mostly play in the evenings after work, US eastern time 6ish-11ish. so.... that would be like 11pm-4am GMT i think. I don't have a mic just yet, will do in the next week or so. Obviously I'm American and speak English, but I can speak French... to a degree. It's been a few years since college. My steam id is linked, and my handle is Glendizzle.
27 Aug 2014, 21:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

You'll find you get much more competent teammates if you automatch vs real people rather than bots. The games will be hard, and you'll feel like a noob at first, but it really is the best way to improve.
27 Aug 2014, 21:56 PM

The feels I had reading that title...

Just automatch as much as you can, after your ELO is determined, you'll find better matches.
28 Aug 2014, 05:17 AM
Patrion 14

It is still possible to get matched with dirt players even if your elo gets higher. What op seems to want is to play reliable games with someone he can talk to.
28 Aug 2014, 21:11 PM

What he said. I have taken advice though. I'm a bit worried that I am going to ruin my win/loss ratio before I even learn the game and not due to my own incompetence, but rather terrible mates. Randoms are just too random.
28 Aug 2014, 23:07 PM

you can always try looking for friends on chatroulette.com, but remmeber, you might see some boners there :snfBarton:
28 Aug 2014, 23:10 PM
Patrion 14

you can always try looking for friends on chatroulette.com, but remmeber, you might see some boners there :snfBarton:

Better known as Barton's lair
29 Aug 2014, 12:25 PM

The Polish.... jeez. I'm new and already don't like you. GG Barton.
29 Aug 2014, 13:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

According to your player card, you have not completed your placement matches yet. Once you have gotten 10 games under your belt with a faction, the matchmaking algorithms should do a better job of finding you teammates of a comparable skill level.
29 Aug 2014, 13:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Glen, give Barton a chance. He is, after all, your holy lord and savior, and has died for your sins.

Also, pretty much what everyone else said in regards to actually playing vs people. You learn almost nothing about playing vs people from playing vs bots. Firstly, searching for bot matches will also pit you with teammates who are generally speaking going to be skilled close to you, seeing as they are searching for bots instead of humans. Also, bots pretty much have increased resource output but no unit management skill, so you are basically fighting hordes of mindless zombies, as apposed to fighting a thinking, reactive human. It'll be tough at first, learning to quickly react and to have good control over your units but if you're sharp you can learn quick.

And don't worry about your win/loss ratio especially if you're just starting out. It'll just get you stressed out and discouraged. Properly laddering nowadays is so tough with the amount of bugs, synch-error/bugsplats, and abusive tactics.
29 Aug 2014, 14:35 PM

Or simply join a clan that accept all skill levels and provides you with training so you can improve. Try one of these:

www.stcgaming.info

www.thefogclan.org

www.taw.net
30 Aug 2014, 00:51 AM

is that ten as one gametype, ie 3v3, or just ten total? I just ran into a minute 16 KT and i didnt even have my first easy 8. i didnt stand a chance. a 57mm, capt, and stuart. yikes.
31 Aug 2014, 04:54 AM

The feels I had reading that title...

me too :(
24 Oct 2014, 21:22 PM
Patrion 310

Casual player or not, anybody can lead by example with a mature attitude. With WFA I have seen new players show far more mutual repect towards each other than many top players ever has. So dont let a high rank fool you to the fact that some top players might be part of the problem, not part of the solution.

A gaming community is like a sack of sand with a hole in at the bottom that is slowly losing it's contents. To avoid this experience players help attract new quality players if the community are to survive. Insulting new players that could potential have been quality players is very short sighted. A bad attitude scare quality members away and COH is not like League of Legends that can thrive without a mature community. Yes WFA messed up the balance but even if the game had perfect balance how many mature players would enjoy playing against bad losers/winners?.

"GTFO of my game noobs! get skills plz!"..etc...

COH2 elitism "final solution" to deal with new players

25 Oct 2014, 17:21 PM

What he said. I have taken advice though. I'm a bit worried that I am going t
  • o ruin my win/loss ratio before I even learn the game and not due to my own incompetence, but rather terrible mates. Randoms are just too random.

You will as it's almost impossible to have have good ratio playing true randoms, as you mostly play against trained pro teams of 4 or less.

That's true about the game system in coh.

But to be ohnest I saw ONE guy having good ratio for 4x4.

So just try you may be te second :-)

Greatings from Poland man.
25 Oct 2014, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 04:54 AMNinjaWJ

me too :(

I'm with you guys :-)
25 Oct 2014, 17:41 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 17:23 PMQmaPL

I'm with you guys :-)

We're all :foreveralone: here :snfBarton:
30 Oct 2014, 00:27 AM