Login

russian armor

Solid builds for OH/OKW 2v2s?

27 Aug 2014, 04:49 AM

Switching back into Axis for the first time since WFA came out. I've started using OKW and my partner is on OH. We got to <2000 in 2v2 before WFA came out so we have some idea of how ostheer runs. Although now that new factions are out, we're way out of shape just dealing with Americans, and my inexperience with OKW is also hurting us. Don't have any replays but I'm more looking for general build orders and units to aim for in this kind of matchup. We've already learned the hard way the importance of sticking together when there's Americans around in the early game, lol.

My current BO is something like

Volks x3 -> Med truck -> I don't know what I'm doing oh god

Partner goes
Gren MG Gren Gren -> T2 -> Pak Pak -> T3.
27 Aug 2014, 06:20 AM
Patrion 14

OKW T0 build order is fine. If facing US, conspam, go for Mg 34s or Panzerfusiliers. After that, instead of T1, go for T2 and a Puma. If opponent is spamming Maxims, support weapons in general, add a stuka.
OH builds healing.
Late Game, go for Jagd or King Tiger.
Because this OKW Bo is lacking serious AT in mid to late, Ostheer needs T2 for PaKs. Ostheer builds Panzer 4 until Kt, Jagd rolls out.
27 Aug 2014, 06:25 AM

Fair enough.

Guess the next step is to work on not being rolled in 5 minutes.

#YOLO
27 Aug 2014, 12:38 PM

Uhm no, always think in the lategame options.

As Ostheer, have these commanders:

>Elefant
>Tiger with recon
>Close Air Support/ Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine

So you can counter: B4's, Americans and if your mate didnt go for Jagdtiger, well, you can have your elefant.

As OKW, have these commanders:

>Jagdtiger
>PaK43
>OPTIONAL

So you can counter: ISU152, IS2 spam, infantry spam followed by medium tanks-spam (pak43-mg34).

As units built, as OKW you must ADAPT to what enemy does, not anticipate, because if you plan on anticipate and your choice of unit (often a vehicle or Tier2/3) is wrong, then your pretty much screwed.
As Ostheer, spamming grens with LMG is awesome, it will clean the field instantly (Im talking about 4grens LMG together)

If your facing maxim spam, rush a Stuka.
If your facing T0/T1 spam followed by shocks, rush a FlakHT.
If your facing early game vehicle spam (Dodge,M3) rush a Puma.
If your facing Guards, rush for Obersoldaten.

Medic truck can be useful but on some maps, because on the others, you may need any of these vehicles I previously posted to contain dat imba allied early game.

29 Aug 2014, 17:00 PM

You should get a Kubel first or second unit. It will greatly improve your chances of winning the first engagement.

For mid game use call in INF (mg, fallsch, panzfus), and either puma/stuka or luchs depending on which building you choose.

Late game go jagdpanzer and raketns and elite inf.
30 Aug 2014, 15:47 PM
Donator 11

7 Sep 2014, 01:10 AM

Thanks all I'll try to take all the advice.

We won 3 games in a row... and then we just lost 4 games in a row. Pretty sure it's my fault because I'm still so new to okw. Usually we get rolled midgame I think the Kubel early and a faster Puma will definitely help.

;_; 7
9 Sep 2014, 09:06 AM
Patrion 28

always pair the kubel with your spio; it will cover the spios range weakness and the spio will keep it alive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★