Login

russian armor

USF are the worse faction in game+pay2win problems.

27 Aug 2014, 01:39 AM

I will give some reasons..

1)if you don't go pay to win generals = lose 70% of the time.

2)they are boring

3)If Okw goes sturp+Kubel = you will lose 80% of the time unless you have mechanize(p2w) or your opponet is very very bad player.

4) If I go OKW I know i will always win vs americans that don't have pay2win generals.

5) Those pay2win generals should had been there in the release because I paid for them when i bought the factions+ any faction has good generals that aren't p2w, why USF can't?

6)If you don't defeat your enemy fast you will lose

7)They are very very predictable unless they go p2w.

soooo in the end.... if you don't have premium generals you will lose or better said, you have more chanses to lose in comparation to those players who bought them = pay2win game..(AND DON'T SAY IT'S NOT BECAUSE IT'S) this frustrates me even more because you can say "ok then get those generals dude" but i really can't because i am 18, I don't have a work and i am studing and you know what? i don't live in europe or usa.. it was already hard to get coh2western front and now i have to pay2win.
27 Aug 2014, 01:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Even disregarding the fact that you think the USF is grossly underpowered and that the kubel (!) is unbeatable, among many other completely wrong things.... are you actually asking for P2W for the new factions?

and then there's still rifle company, which is premium and overshadows the other USF commanders on the roster to a large degree, much more so than the 3 OKW premium doctrines compared to the three stock standard commanders...
27 Aug 2014, 02:05 AM

I feel you with the kubel man, its so tough to go against, however if they do go kubel they also lose out on capping power, meaning they have less resources.

In addition to the mech commmander you can go for only 3 rifles into a lieutenant for a fast vehicle, or you could mitigate the kubels effectiveness with smoke nades, as poping one on the kubel will prevent it from firing for a time. Furthermore often flanking a kubel will get it out of your hair for 60 to 90 seconds so 1 good flank can really give you the time to regain what youve lost, and lessen the kubels period of being an effective unit.
27 Aug 2014, 02:13 AM

"Even disregarding the fact that you think the USF is grossly underpowered and that the kubel (!) is unbeatable, among many other completely wrong things.... are you actually asking for P2W for the new factions?

and then there's still rifle company, which is premium and overshadows the other USF commanders on the roster to a large degree, much more so than the 3 OKW premium doctrines compared to the three stock standard commanders..."

sorry mate, i think you misunderstood me and that was because I wrote something wrong.. My real point is that if you don't go premium generals you'll most likely lose.

I am not asking for more premium generals I am asking for free generals like those good ones that soviets have.
27 Aug 2014, 02:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge

sorry mate, i think you misunderstood me and that was because I wrote something wrong.. My real point is that if you don't go premium generals you'll most likely lose.

If you mean with the USF- While Rifle company is the superior of the commanders, Armor, Airborne and Infantry are still solid choices- you can view replays to see how to counter specific aspects of the OKW, or watch shoutcasts for the strategic insight, watch players streaming USF matches.

Here are a couple examples:
Armor Company vs Elite Armor, also includes kubel use and countering
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb0bRhi_M-M&list=UUyUcNdOxXcVt3o9eZKdza9w

Armor Company vs Fortifications
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqRIfU-sEPs&index=12&list=UUyUcNdOxXcVt3o9eZKdza9w

Armor Company vs Luftwaffe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wek0-mD-1as&index=21&list=UUyUcNdOxXcVt3o9eZKdza9w

I can't find the airborne/infantry casts right now, but those do exist. Credits to the Propagandacast for these three. Ofc there are also other shoutcasters doing very good work- the Generals Gentlemen, Romeo, Computerheat, Rogers, ATR, TychoCelchuu, and any more I might have forgotten to mention, all very worth watching.

And as for more commanders... that is inevitable. Whether those are free is a different matter, but for now the USF is in a pretty good spot.
27 Aug 2014, 04:54 AM

Disagree pritty much on all points.
1: smoke works a treat againt kubel wagon( smoke the line of sight of kubel, then focus down the sturmpio's or the use of building helps as well. Ow and never spread your rifles out to far as the are fresh for the picking for sturmpios (I like to pair them up around areas that you expect okw to attack such as fuel points and so forth.)
2: I dont find them boring apart from only being able to build rifles for the first few mins.
3: I find the standard commander pritty good, especially the airborne and the one with the priest.
4: I actually prefer to play against okw as I find it easier to win
27 Aug 2014, 04:58 AM

Disagree pritty much on all points.
1: smoke works a treat againt kubel wagon( smoke the line of sight of kubel, then focus down the sturmpio's or the use of building helps as well. Ow and never spread your rifles out to far as the are fresh for the picking for sturmpios (I like to pair them up around areas that you expect okw to attack such as fuel points and so forth.)
2: I dont find them boring apart from only being able to build rifles for the first few mins.
3: I find the standard commander pritty good, especially the airborne and the one with the priest.
4: I actually prefer to play against okw as I find it easier to win. I find USF vs OST match up harder.
5: I do agree is their late game can get really hard.
27 Aug 2014, 12:31 PM

3)If Okw goes sturp+Kubel

You know, except the Kubel is made of glass.
27 Aug 2014, 17:05 PM

Most of your "points" are conclusions, not reasons. Simply asserting "1)if you don't go pay to win generals = lose 70% of the time," isn't an argument at all, its just your opinion with nothing to back it up. The only thing you actually say about the game itself is Point 3 (Kubelwagon). In my experience, the best way to deal with the Kubel (and Sturms, for that matter) is simply to keep units together. A Kubel cannot survive focused fire from 2 Rifles for very long at all, and if you keep the squads apart then the Kubel will have trouble suppressing them both. If Sturms are present, focus those first since they do far more damage. If you are still having trouble, consider the following:

1) Fast BARs. These kill Sturms and the Kubel very quickly.

2) A single Bazooka on your RE squad. A Kubel will die in one Bazooka shot if it has taken even a little bit of small arms fire from Rifles. Keep the RE in reserve, then move in when the Kubel is on about 75% health to guarantee a 1 hit KO.

3) M20. This can hit the field very early if you go straight for it, and can chase down and kill the Kubel whilst being impervious to Sturmpioneers. At this point, the only threat to the M20 should be 1-2 Panzerschrecks, which can be avoided with careful micro.

4) 50 Cal. MG teams. These things murder both Sturms and the Kubel. Make sure to use Rifles to protect it from flanking Sturm squads. If you like, use the Airborne commander to airdrop them in, saving you the fuel for the LT. If you do this, I advise you to crew the MG with Pathfinders, which gives the MG increased sight range.

As far as your complaint about the late-game goes, I believe the US have a very robust late-game with flexible infantry, a great all-round medium tank and an excellent tank destroyer. The lack of a truly survivable heavy tank simply means you have to be a bit more careful with your units.
27 Aug 2014, 17:24 PM

If you do this, I advise you to crew the MG with Pathfinders, which gives the MG increased sight range.

Man, that's why I love these community sites - I would NEVER think about this possibility. Just out of curiosity, does it make any difference if I use pathfinders without vet or vet1? Meaning: does the sight increase with vet carry over to the crewed weapon?

Cheers
27 Aug 2014, 18:10 PM

Man, that's why I love these community sites - I would NEVER think about this possibility. Just out of curiosity, does it make any difference if I use pathfinders without vet or vet1? Meaning: does the sight increase with vet carry over to the crewed weapon?

Cheers

I don't think so - as far as I know, all veterancy bonuses are lost when the new weapon team squad is created (they then gain MG veterancy as normal). I could be wrong about this though. You can actually do this with a lot of different units - most people use their cheapest unit to recrew, not really realising that things like weapons and certain bonuses are carried over. IMO using the US Pathfinders for MGs and AT guns is the most useful (once the AT gun gets Vet 1, they can see absurdly far), but a nice one for Soviets is to recrew with Shocks since they keep their PPSHs. The next squads that tries to flank your Zis could be in for a pretty nasty surprise.
27 Aug 2014, 20:33 PM

5) Those pay2win generals should had been there in the release because I paid for them when i bought the factions+ any faction has good generals that aren't p2w, why USF can't?

This is not accurate.

If somebody claimed that you would get 6 USF commanders when you bought WFA, they lied to you.
29 Aug 2014, 11:15 AM

You don't need anything special to win, just tactics and vigilance.
1 Sep 2014, 06:10 AM

I use the infantry and airborne commanders a lot. With infantry you get the mortar halftack early to soften the mgs, and you get 1919s without any fuel cost, not to mention the priest. Airborne is solid. You can airdrop an mg or an at gun thus allowing you to skip lt or capt and still get units from that tier, and at the front line at that. I use that extensively, skipping Lt and still getting my ma deuce. Paratroopers with an m1919 are friggin awesome too. With proper placement of beacons they can be reinforced anywhere, their only negative is lack of AT. However rifle company is awesome. Vet rifleman from the word go, plus replacing the odd wiped squad with a vet 1 and occasionally a vet2. Having access to the rifle nade early is nice for those pesky kubel. And the best tank the US forces have is accessible without teching, which i almost never do since I always want a jackson and usually a m8. Paying a few bucks for it is kinda lame, but if you cant pony up a few bucks, then why are you wasting electricity on a game? get a third job, slacker. Nah, I hear you. nickle and diming is the way of it though, they are in the business to make money, they need to get it where they can without pissing off too many people. You can get the premiums if you pray to the RNG gods however. I've never used the recon, but mechanized isnt that great other than the first five minutes. Jeeps rape until they get a shrek. then you can turn them in for some fuel... wow. It is cool that you can fly a recon plane and have offmap arty on the same commander. I use this to troll mostly. hehe. So, the pay to win theory I think just doesnt hold. My standard load out has two vanilla commanders. Plus, just keep playing, you'll get a premium commander eventually.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★