Login

russian armor

OKW truck pushing

PAGES (7)down
31 Aug 2014, 15:16 PM

What do I abuse?

In my book, being a Soviet players is already an abuse, just like the Brit players.
31 Aug 2014, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 15:16 PMPorygon

In my book, being a Soviet players is already an abuse, just like the Brit players.

That's funny coming from you. Someone who will not only abuse OP unit and commander combinations, but will even stoop so low to abuse bugs like ghost-wires. Get lost.
31 Aug 2014, 15:22 PM

And that is EXACTLY why you are an idiot in the view of many. You seriously want people to stop playing soviet, so you can find 3% searching as USF? Don't be surprised when I tell you eat (you know what) in game when you start whining.
31 Aug 2014, 15:22 PM

Didnt you abuse about everything in this game?
31 Aug 2014, 15:42 PM

Didnt you abuse about everything in this game?

Because there is always a Soviet as opponent.
Using abuse to fight abuse, dat's COH2, Working as intended™, isn't it?

I used ghost wire, ghost sandbag, gatling B4, Company of Euro Truck Simulator, reinforce from nowhere, Medic doom drop, Jeep arty, Scavenge arty, ninja 240, so?
31 Aug 2014, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 15:42 PMPorygon

I used ghost wire, ghost sandbag, gatling B4, Company of Euro Truck Simulator, reinforce from nowhere, Medic doom drop, Jeep arty, Scavenge arty, ninja 240, so?

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 16:15 PMPorygon

If you can't fight them, join them.

This guy reminds me of jellydount when he posted that replay that helped expose him as scum. Self-incriminating.
31 Aug 2014, 17:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Anyway.
Gonna make a list of possible "solutions":

-Reduce speed (more risk to be caught on enemy lines)
-Reduce Armor to 1. Every single shot penetrates.
-Make it so the HP of the truck correlates with the building HP
-Make it so the HP of the truck correlates with the time it takes to build a tier (cause they have to "repair").

I would like any of the last 2 options but i know it´s easier to just stick to the first ones.
31 Aug 2014, 17:40 PM
Patrion 14

I'll lock this thread with great pleasure if I see one more personal attack here. If you can't discuss matters like civilised people, you have no reason to post here.
31 Aug 2014, 17:55 PM

Anyway.
Gonna make a list of possible "solutions":

-Reduce speed (more risk to be caught on enemy lines)
-Reduce Armor to 1. Every single shot penetrates.
-Make it so the HP of the truck correlates with the building HP
-Make it so the HP of the truck correlates with the time it takes to build a tier (cause they have to "repair").

I would like any of the last 2 options but i know it´s easier to just stick to the first ones.

Or just leave the fine unit alone.
31 Aug 2014, 18:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 17:55 PMPorygon

Or just leave the fine unit alone.

So you can keep pushing :P
I know you like this kind of mechanics (IMO i dont care if they are in the game or not) but since this is probably used EFFECTIVELY by a minority, i don´t expect this to be review any time soon. Turning on off crushing was easy. Any change to avoid pushing may have more consequences or it may take more time to test if it works.

31 Aug 2014, 20:05 PM

Usually I'm not against using units "creatively", but flagrant abuses like pushing with trucks or ghost wire should be removed from the game.

Getting your trucks damaged should be punished hardly.
31 Aug 2014, 22:21 PM

I agree, it should be hardly punished :D

Whilst not being desirable, a player will get maybe 1 minute use out of this. Compared to other abuse tactics and units, it's not really so serious is it?

I used it in the tourney after my opponents did. They didn't get much advantage, neither did I.

Maybe have the truck spawn a bit later?

It shouldn't be allowed to smash buildings though, that's BS.
31 Aug 2014, 22:23 PM

Surely the simplest fix for this gimpy bullshit is to not have a truck spawn right at the start of the game. Even if you rush straight for a building, you won't be placing it THAT early. Have the first truck come in at 3 minutes, make people choose to cheese with it instead of teching. Then see if it's still an issue.

Edit - I'd say make it as slow as CoH British party wagons, but they can't relocate, and that would punish people for keeping the trucks safe in the back lines until needed.
31 Aug 2014, 22:41 PM

So anyone lost here a game because his units got pushed or cover got destroyed?

Games, nah. I've had early game squad wipes because of the fucking thing blocking retreat paths though, and I've lost early engagements because of it crushing my cover and disrupting my d00ds. It doesn't win games, it's just a risk-free gimmick which can put you at an enormous early game advantage if it works.
31 Aug 2014, 23:32 PM

Its all about the first push , in the first seconds of the game.
That is the biggest problem, cause there is 0 counter to that at that particular moment.

In the first second there are no m3's, no at nades and no fausts, that first push shouldnt be there.

Delay the dispatch by 30 sec and no one will even talk about it.
1 Sep 2014, 01:27 AM

All of this could have been avoided if Relic gives the Trucks a cost so the trucks won't be around so early in the game and that players wouldn't be so nuts with their free vehicles.
1 Sep 2014, 01:29 AM

Two things should happen.

1) The damage they take should be translated to the building they become.

2) They should be a bit slower.
1 Sep 2014, 01:39 AM
Patrion 14

just make the truck come like 30sec - 1min later. i mean deploying the truck right away in the beginning can do no good anyway right?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
unknown 1
unknown 5
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L