Login

russian armor

The American M2HB HMG

26 Aug 2014, 16:18 PM

pre WFA i would inderstand the whole "axis do more damage" argument. now i dont think that argument works anymore. jaigen is somewhat right, rifles with upgrades can have extremely high dps. paras with upgrades also have high dps. they both do over 25 dps at max range when they have lmgs. an lmg gren on the other hand is doing closer to 15.5. even an ober squad is only doing about 28.
28 Aug 2014, 08:47 AM

Guys, are you using 50. cal scuads like rifleman units? Because MG's are not intended to take damage to the point than you need 2 extra models/more hp to make it work.
Ofc grenades will finish almost all the crew, but...why you let an enemy scuad to get that cloae?
28 Aug 2014, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 16:18 PMwooof
pre WFA i would inderstand the whole "axis do more damage" argument. now i dont think that argument works anymore. jaigen is somewhat right, rifles with upgrades can have extremely high dps. paras with upgrades also have high dps. they both do over 25 dps at max range when they have lmgs. an lmg gren on the other hand is doing closer to 15.5. even an ober squad is only doing about 28.
If you are going to start taking upgrades into account, what about upgraded grens or elite infantry like obers. You can't just compare fully upgraded squads with non-upgraded core infantry. On average axis units do more DPS when comparing equal costs.
28 Aug 2014, 20:56 PM

If you are going to start taking upgrades into account, what about upgraded grens or elite infantry like obers. You can't just compare fully upgraded squads with non-upgraded core infantry. On average axis units do more DPS when comparing equal costs.

No they dont. while its true that okw infantry comes equipped with their weapons your paying an arm and a leg for it in terms of mp popcap. simply put you can field far more riflesquads with bars/lmgs then you field elite okw infantry and if you lose a rifleman you only lose 28 mp. that much less risky then losing 40 mp + for all the elite infantry.

28 Aug 2014, 23:48 PM

I used to think it was beastly until Relic "bug-fixed" it. Now it dies really fast. Which, I guess if fine since it's supposed to be a support weapon, but I don't really like that they did that for an HMG that costs more and comes out way later. I'd like if they got rid of the received accuracy penalty, even if they didn't tack the outgoing accuracy back on.
nee
29 Aug 2014, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2014, 20:56 PMJaigen

No they dont. while its true that okw infantry comes equipped with their weapons your paying an arm and a leg for it in terms of mp popcap. simply put you can field far more riflesquads with bars/lmgs then you field elite okw infantry and if you lose a rifleman you only lose 28 mp. that much less risky then losing 40 mp + for all the elite infantry.

Not to mention, the beastly reinforcement times for units like Jaegars and Sturmpioniers. If for any reason your OKW squads needs to retreat, they need to retreat, heal AND reinforce before you can throw them back into the fight. Bringing down a Sturmpionier squad to 1 man and having to retreat that guy for the resources and time to replenish is big setback for any OKW player. It's worse than an idle squad doing nothing because it requires resources and time, and if attacked (especially at an upgraded medic truck) is more vulnerable to getting killed off.
3 Sep 2014, 15:01 PM

M2HB is decent but it dies so easily cuz it don't pinn like the mg34. its easy to kill if u just attack the M2HB it will lose to units attacking straigt up a lot of times. it doesn't do a lot of dmg either. its at a hard spot on the meta to buy atm. unless they make it better
3 Sep 2014, 15:08 PM

did you read what i wrote? i compared them to lmg grens and obers...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★