Login

russian armor

Elite OKW infantry able to spawn behind enemy lines

23 Aug 2014, 20:51 PM

Only just discovered this and I am in absolute disbelief about what I have just witnessed.

The ability to spawn Fallschirmjaeger from buildings behind your opponent and just murder his entire defensive line before just hitting RT and getting them back at Vet 1 is just ridiculous. Up until now I just thought it was exceptional flanking from my opponent but obviously not.

Surely at the very most they should be dropped in via Para's.

Just want to get an idea of that everyone else thinks.

23 Aug 2014, 20:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Their price is extremely high to account for that. After their initial impact they perform pretty poorly.
23 Aug 2014, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 20:54 PMRomeo
After their initial impact they perform pretty poorly.

I wish. To be honest I would be quite likely to build a squad even if they had to walk from the edge of the map every time. Very good ranged dps, faust and amazing vet is nothing to scoff at.

You also get them for "free" with the strafe.

Jaegers are even worse, they perform freaking amazing for a 340MP squad as they act like super-PGs, their only weakness is having to pick their doctrine instead of one with MG34s.
23 Aug 2014, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 20:54 PMRomeo
Their price is extremely high to account for that. After their initial impact they perform pretty poorly.

But called in during an intense stage of the game when the Soviet or US micro is at its highest they can cause serious problems unless you divert forces to deal with them, It shouldn't be that easy to circumvent a defensive position through a single click.

Plus their abilities, Bungle, Faust and smoke and I think its a bit much IMO.
23 Aug 2014, 21:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

They perform pretty poorly for their price and manpower bleed, is what I should have said. Their faust is definitely a plus.

Airborne assault is awesome, won't dispute that.

Jaegers are definitely much better. I think their awesome dps is the problem though, not their ability to spawn from buildings.
24 Aug 2014, 01:17 AM

I was shocked to find out that Airborne assault doesn't have a manpower cost. I would go as far as to call it bullshit, in fact. Is there any other way in the game you can spend munitions to get a unit? The fact that it comes with a powerful strafe too makes it a fucking incredible ability.

Falschirms in general are fine as a unit, though. Not unmanageable at all.
24 Aug 2014, 02:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Is there any other way in the game you can spend munitions to get a unit?

Relief infantry, rapid conscription. But those require you to die, and don't give you elite infantry. So yeah, airborne assault is awesome.
24 Aug 2014, 02:19 AM

IMO they should make it cost manpower and (less) munitions. Maybe something like 360mp / 120 mun? I mean the airdrop is less effective than suddenly appearing in the building. What do normal strafes cost?
24 Aug 2014, 02:43 AM

IMO they should make it cost manpower and (less) munitions. Maybe something like 360mp / 120 mun? I mean the airdrop is less effective than suddenly appearing in the building. What do normal strafes cost?

The Russian single pass strafe is I think 90 muni, and multipass strafes are more like 160-180?
24 Aug 2014, 03:30 AM

Here is a trick I use against units that spawn from a building. Put a mine on every building entrance you have behind your line of defence. Units spawn in a tight cluster and mine wipes them out. The opposing player will either immediately stop spawning from buildings or he will get sneaky and try to spawn from the building again as he thinks the building is safe again. In the latter case always plant another mine immediately after the first one has been triggered.

Try it out and laugh at the nerd rage soon to be shouted your way.
24 Aug 2014, 03:31 AM

Here is a trick I use against units that spawn from a building. Put a mine on every building entrance you have behind your line of defence. Units spawn in a tight cluster and mine wipes them out. The opposing player will either immediately stop spawning from buildings or he will get sneaky and try to spawn from the building again as he thinks the building is safe again. In the latter case always plant another mine immediately after the first one has been triggered.

Try it out and laugh at the nerd rage soon to be shouted your way.

Which does absolutely nothing for Americans as they have no anti-infantry mine.
24 Aug 2014, 04:09 AM

I generally try to get anything that has a Flamethrower or goes boom with serious punch, and I kill every building within reach. Armor, Rifle, Mechanized, and Airborne/Recon (for those cheaper Paratrooper Timed Demo Charges) are good for that.

It's really, REALLY annoying to do, though, and it takes up a lot of micro. Burning down buildings however takes an age and a half to do, and using explosives like Demo Charges is expensive (although the Paratrooper demo charges cost half as much - really nice for just killing buildings). The 105mm Sherman is pretty effective at killing buildings, though.
24 Aug 2014, 04:28 AM

Which does absolutely nothing for Americans as they have no anti-infantry mine.

Sorry I do not play cheesicans. I did not know they had zero mines. In vcoh if I did not have enough munitions for a mine to stop this I would put wire in front of the door. It traps the sqaud so they cannot move or retreat. Then I just kill them for free xp. Also a nerd rage inducing tactic. Sometime you have to really think out side the box with this game. Try it out, it works.
24 Aug 2014, 12:41 PM

Falls allow that OKW to just not care about flanking.
Front blob on - try to push - try to push. doesn't work, no problem try again and pop up a falls squad just behind the defense line, carnage everything, retreat them vet1 and finish the defense line with the blob. GG you won! :P
24 Aug 2014, 13:09 PM

Sorry I do not play cheesicans. I did not know they had zero mines. In vcoh if I did not have enough munitions for a mine to stop this I would put wire in front of the door. It traps the sqaud so they cannot move or retreat. Then I just kill them for free xp. Also a nerd rage inducing tactic. Sometime you have to really think out side the box with this game. Try it out, it works.

If you are going to try and wire of a door, make sure you leave room in between the door and the wire, or else the units will just teleport through it. Use 3 wires to form a U shape around each door.
24 Aug 2014, 13:30 PM

It's ridiculous to be able to spawn high DPS , elite infantry through the fog of war. Specially on mans like Angermeunde, Trois Points, Kharkov, ...
Holding a line of defense on such maps is just not possible when playing against Falls and Jaegers.

Ridiculous feature imo, compare it to the partisans one where very low armor/health units are spawned behind your lines. Not cool, but very very easy to kill. Compare it to the elite infantry (Jaegers, the hell) of OKW and it's just laughable.

There are ways like mining doors, razor wire and such, but it's time consuming on maps with a lot of buildings.

It's not really comparable with the para's, because you hear and see the plane. There is a warning on which you can anticipate and send troops, move around support weapons and prepare.
Popping units out of buildings, high dps and good armor. Relic..

e: The high cost is something to think about in 1v1's and maybe 2's.
In teamgames, specially late games, they are just popping out of every building, sniping your support weapons. Note that I'm not a noob, nor a pro, but it's very irritating and not cool to play against in my humble opinion.
24 Aug 2014, 13:34 PM

Burn down every building. Burn em all! All of em!
24 Aug 2014, 13:36 PM

Burn down every building. Burn em all! All of em!

Is it fair to have to put time and effort in burning all the buildings / satchel / democharge / mine / razor wire every building on maps like anger or trois ponts?
24 Aug 2014, 14:11 PM
Donator 22

Is it fair to have to put time and effort in burning all the buildings / satchel / democharge / mine / razor wire every building on maps like anger or trois ponts?

thats what I think about partisan ;)
24 Aug 2014, 14:12 PM

If you are going to try and wire of a door, make sure you leave room in between the door and the wire, or else the units will just teleport through it. Use 3 wires to form a U shape around each door.

Please, don't publicize lame strategies and exploit abuses.

The game is currently too boring to add up more people building phantom wire or bugging buildings blocking the doors.

Anyone winning games doing that should feel ashamed of himself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★