Login

russian armor

State of Balance - August - ID

23 Aug 2014, 14:39 PM
23 Aug 2014, 14:51 PM

Thanks for providing us the link! I would never have found the video myself! Big thanks to you man!
23 Aug 2014, 14:58 PM

Soviets > OKW > USA > Ostheer

Things that need to be fixed urgently:

- Ost T4: Panzerwerfer reload time decreased, Panther needs cost decrease and a slightly higher rate of fire (less dps than a P4 - come on...)

- Soviet T4: SU-76 needs some better AI capabilities, Su-85 cost reduced to 115 fuel again

- Call ins need to be attached to tech phases

- All MGs: Need to be looked at to not set up while retreating or the guys running to the MG and then dying again

- Panzergrenadiers need a survivability buff

- Pak 40 needs more (100) range

- Elefant needs more range
23 Aug 2014, 15:00 PM

Let me guess, its ImperialDane, renowned for his "objectiveness" and "total lack of heavy axis bias" complaining about how spammable are equally or more costly infantry units of allies and how ineffective are Tigers, how conscripts beat grenadiers and volks and so on yet again?
23 Aug 2014, 15:10 PM

Permanently Banned

- Ost T4: Panzerwerfer reload time decreased, Panther needs cost decrease and a slightly higher rate of fire (less dps than a P4 - come on...)

- Soviet T4: SU-76 needs some better AI capabilities, Su-85 cost reduced to 115 fuel again

- All MGs: Need to be looked at to not set up while retreating or the guys running to the MG and then dying again

Pak range is fine IMO. Elephant is useless even it it does get more range.
23 Aug 2014, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 15:14 PMKatitof

This is the keyword.

You will not find it in this thread.

You will not find it in the movie you have provided.

But it supports your case, so you don't care.
Now off to a worthwhile thread.

Did you even watch the video? Or did you just see that its Imperial Dane and instantly attacked him. Dane may prefer the Axis side and some opinions of him may be a little bit strange. But that doesnt change the fact that he is a very valuable community member, being one of the most known and popular casters out there. And i can agree with nearly everything he states in his video. And guess what! I prefer the Allied side. Weird, isnt it? How come other people than Axis fanbois value Dane for what he does?
23 Aug 2014, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 15:00 PMKatitof
Let me guess, its _______, renowned for his "objectiveness" and "total lack of heavy _____ bias"

That coming from Katitof...

Oh the irony! :D
23 Aug 2014, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 15:38 PMI<444>3CoH

That coming from Katitof...

Oh the irony! :D

Oh the irony indeed.

Dane is a good caster and I enjoy his streams from time to time, but his balance opinions are no better then mine and no, providing opinion in form of a movie instead of a post doesn't clear it out of heavy bias.

We're talking here a player that believed old Tiger Ace was perfectly fine and balanced unit "because you knew it will come".

Still going to zealously defend him because he supports your only faction of choice?(because apparently for most coh2 players picking a faction equals to picking a wife for good and for the bad and you need to devote rest of your sad life to it)
23 Aug 2014, 16:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I sense a witchhunt has started with certain posters.It's unpleasant, uncalled for and has to stop.
The staff are quite capable of deciding where trouble lies and taking such action as may be appropriate.

If the calls for bans continue in threads, be careful there is no blowback.

Back to topic.

23 Aug 2014, 16:08 PM

Yet another attack rather than providing an objective opinion. Seems you are invulnerable to a ban. Getting beyond a joke. Reported yet again. But i guess it means nothing as many posters have also reported you to no avail.

Instant hijack of a thread and abuse of a valuable COH2 community member. Awesome work. Thanks mods for letting this guy run rampant freely and stomp his affliction on the community COUNTLESS times over.

Vetlol cake gone. 50% of the problems gone. 50% remains.

its a complete joke that he still is on here isn't it?

i don't agree with dane's views on volks, i think they are fine. but, pretty much everything else i agree on his view.
23 Aug 2014, 16:13 PM

Katitof definitely seems to be immune to moderation anywhere and everywhere he goes, so you might as well accept it and move on.

PGs need a some serious buffs and maybe a cost increase to 400MP, but as it stands Ostheer has no real elite infantry unit and it is in dire need of one.
23 Aug 2014, 16:14 PM

Tbh, i don't see danes problem with volks. I mean i know he wants them to have a 5x stg upgrade and a 1 lmg upgrade, but why?

Soviet conscripts also don't get any weapon upgrades, except ppsh which is doctrinal, and scale horribly.

Volks on the otherhand scale pretty well.

I know i myself suggested an LMG upgrade for conscripts, but, that's the way relic designed conscripts.

PG i agree, just give them the old 1.2 armor back, or whatever that equates to increased accuracy, and we will be fine. Increase cost to 360 if needed.

Not sure why he hates the jagpanzer either...
23 Aug 2014, 16:59 PM

USF faction with most options? More like least, atleast if you actually want to win. They're extremely patternistic, even more than soviets, which is an achievement. Deviate from the pattern even a little and you've pretty much already thrown away your chance at winning against an equal opponent. 4 rifles to LT to light vehicle to Major to Sherman (or M8) spam. Assault Engineers optionally to replace 1 rifleman and you can spam the doctrinal vehicles instead. You can go captain pretty much only if you have Rifle Company.

Soviets are pretty damn shit against OKW except for two cheese strats, one is maxim spam, other is sniper spam. Anything other than these two extremes tends to fail really hard against fusilier blobs or mg34 spam or even jaeger spam. The other two OKW doctrines don't actually exist. Soviets are also fairly impotent against Ostheer later on in the game unless they've got call-in tanks, because their own tech vehicles suck horse nuts compared to PIVs with the blitzkrieg cheese mode activated again. And then Dane wonders why people spam these same things as soviets every game.

OKW is the top dog in 1vs1 ever since the 100% muni change as long as you don't mind playing the same two (or three if you count jaegers, I haven't actually used them) every single game. Base unit wise they have a ton of relatively viable strats compared to other factions, but they do tend to need those hilariously op doctrinal infantry units to truly compete because without them their infantry DPS primarily comes from glass cannon units and suppression from easily killed light vehicles. The only strat from USF that is remotely scary to them is hardcore EZ8 spam, and the only strats from soviets that are scary are sniper (on very open maps with few buildings) or maxim (on maps that aren't that) spam to T34/85 spam or ISUs on an open map.
23 Aug 2014, 17:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkwsUfz5FhQ&list=UUyUcNdOxXcVt3o9eZKdza9w

I just copy

Soviets really are this spammy?
Never had I any problems with Penal Squad spamming because they are too cost infective.
Conscripts is most likely "working as intended" and are easy to counter too.
Call-in spam is visible but it comes less from strength of called units and more from weakness of normally available.
Normal T-34 is laughed at, katyusha got nerfed and there is no heavy tanks normally available.
Why waste resources on tech up when (outside of support weapons and snipers) everything that can actually make difference is commander only?
23 Aug 2014, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 16:59 PMCruzz
USF faction with most options? More like least, atleast if you actually want to win. They're extremely patternistic, even more than soviets, which is an achievement. Deviate from the pattern even a little and you've pretty much already thrown away your chance at winning against an equal opponent. 4 rifles to LT to light vehicle to Major to Sherman (or M8) spam. Assault Engineers optionally to replace 1 rifleman and you can spam the doctrinal vehicles instead. You can go captain pretty much only if you have Rifle Company.

Soviets are pretty damn shit against OKW except for two cheese strats, one is maxim spam, other is sniper spam. Anything other than these two extremes tends to fail really hard against fusilier blobs or mg34 spam or even jaeger spam. The other two OKW doctrines don't actually exist. Soviets are also fairly impotent against Ostheer later on in the game unless they've got call-in tanks, because their own tech vehicles suck horse nuts compared to PIVs with the blitzkrieg cheese mode activated again. And then Dane wonders why people spam these same things as soviets every game.

OKW is the top dog in 1vs1 ever since the 100% muni change as long as you don't mind playing the same two (or three if you count jaegers, I haven't actually used them) every single game. Base unit wise they have a ton of relatively viable strats compared to other factions, but they do tend to need those hilariously op doctrinal infantry units to truly compete because without them their infantry DPS primarily comes from glass cannon units and suppression from easily killed light vehicles. The only strat from USF that is remotely scary to them is hardcore EZ8 spam, and the only strats from soviets that are scary are sniper (on very open maps with few buildings) or maxim (on maps that aren't that) spam to T34/85 spam or ISUs on an open map.

What are the ostheer 'scary' strats?They don't have one..they have one 'viable build and are hanging on by that.
23 Aug 2014, 17:32 PM

What are the ostheer 'scary' strats?They don't have one..they have one 'viable build and are hanging on by that.

LMG gren spam is scary as fuck to anyone. PIVs or Tigers are scarier than any soviet or USF vehicle other than ISU152. Vetted MG42s combined with grens is a nightmare to deal with without call-in armor, though until you have vet2 MG42 is rather lackluster.

Specifically for USF, mechanized assault is a fucking nightmare with stug es+paks countering your entire army. Still quite ok against soviets but the lack of smoke is actually a large weakness there, unlike against USF.
23 Aug 2014, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 15:00 PMKatitof
Let me guess, its ImperialDane, renowned for his "objectiveness" and "total lack of heavy axis bias" complaining about how spammable are equally or more costly infantry units of allies and how ineffective are Tigers, how conscripts beat grenadiers and volks and so on yet again?

Everytime it is proposed to give dead ostheer units much needed buffs u are on spot here denouncing the thread..how long do we have to play with 1 infantry and 1 tank?Wehrmacht has become stale,boring and dying due to inflexible meta and 3/4th unit roster dead.

What is wrong with buffs to panzergrenadiers and german T4?Absolutely nothing.

You know something..its easy to criticize.You do a series of videos on ostheer and show us pwn the other factions with its brilliant units.
23 Aug 2014, 17:39 PM

Pak 40, 100 range? Do you maybe mean the Pak 43? Because a 100 (!) range Pak 40 would be vastly OP.
As for the rest, I would more or less agree. Some additions:
SU 85 should receive a minor buff in acceleration/rotation time or a cost reduction instead. At present it is too much of a niche unit and makes Soviet T4 generally somewhat unattractive.
Conscript Vet should be somewhat buffed - I reckon an additional increase in damage output at Vet 3 would do the trick.
The ISU needs to be hit with the nerfhammer to prevent it from killing vet inf squads and dominating AT guns at will - either AOE or range decrease, preferably the former. At present it remains the gamebreaker par excellence.
The Maxim needs increased setup time and a tad less suppression. Pushing a skilled maxim spammer off the map is just too darn difficult.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★