Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger - The Gamebreaker

PAGES (10)down
23 Aug 2014, 01:12 AM

It only kills tanks... that's 26 pop cap and 435 fuel tied up in the slowest moving vehicle that has very little anti-inf capability. If you lose your tanks, come back with all infantry and see how he does.
23 Aug 2014, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 00:38 AMwooof

good thing that doctrine comes with scout planes.

and "scoot" is something the jagdtiger doesnt do very well

At the rate the B4 fires you can clear the precision shot by moving every reload cycle
23 Aug 2014, 01:22 AM

It only kills tanks... that's 26 pop cap and 435 fuel tied up in the slowest moving vehicle that has very little anti-inf capability. If you lose your tanks, come back with all infantry and see how he does.

Perfectly fine because his pop by this time is filled with vet three-five paner fusilliers, Obersuldartens, sturm pios, and volks. By this time he is murdering infantry with no competition except shocks and double M1919 rifles
23 Aug 2014, 01:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Killed by the tanks from his partner.

Save for button and some offmap. That´s your best bet.

PD: Welcome to the world of big heavy long range tanks. One has being killed, theres still 2 more alive.
23 Aug 2014, 01:26 AM

True... If u cant counter Jagdtiger with armor, then by switching to infantry will just set a huge drawback on all that resource that went into JT. Any armor that is left for u can be used to support infantry as much as possible. 800 manpower and 290 fuel for OKW to get unit that cant counter your new strategy is valid strat*(not best word for lategame) IMO
23 Aug 2014, 01:29 AM

I think the Jadgtiger is fine, but the ability to shot throught buildings is pure BS.

I'd like to hear why exactly it can do it. At least Pak43 is stationary and can't move.
23 Aug 2014, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 00:51 AMNapalm

To avoid a B4 precision shot one must back up or move forward. No worries.

you have a replay of a jagdtiger dodging b4 shots? since apparently you use it all the time in team games.
23 Aug 2014, 01:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 01:30 AMwooof

you have a replay of a jagdtiger dodging b4 shots? since apparently you use it all the time in team games.

I had one with the KT dodging one which isnt much faster. Too bad replays cannot be viewed after a patch

23 Aug 2014, 01:41 AM
Donator 11

Perfectly fine because his pop by this time is filled with vet three-five paner fusilliers, Obersuldartens, sturm pios, and volks. By this time he is murdering infantry with no competition except shocks and double M1919 rifles

If someone has max vetted fusiliers, obersoldaten and sturmpios AND jagdtiger i think you just got outplayed and deserve to lose.
23 Aug 2014, 01:43 AM

True... If u cant counter Jagdtiger with armor, then by switching to infantry will just set a huge drawback on all that resource that went into JT. Any armor that is left for u can be used to support infantry as much as possible. 800 manpower and 290 fuel for OKW to get unit that cant counter your new strategy is valid strat*(not best word for lategame) IMO

Please try to win a game with only infantry and post the replay. I'm dying to see it.
23 Aug 2014, 01:44 AM

I had one with the KT dodging one which isnt much faster. Too bad replays cannot be viewed after a patch

its actually a lot faster. jagd can get a similar top speed, but has 40% less rotation speed. and thats after the upgrade. the upgrade doesnt help its acceleration though, which is 66% less than a kt. accelerating and rotating are pretty damn important with how bad pathing is and since the jagd has no turret.

if a jagd is out of position because hes trying to dodge a b4, its vulnerable. even if you dont take advantage of that, just lead your shot. its not like hes able to change directions.
23 Aug 2014, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 01:41 AMspajn

If someone has max vetted fusiliers, obersoldaten and sturmpios AND jagdtiger i think you just got outplayed and deserve to lose.

100 pop is quite a lot. YOu can fit a jagdtiger and 6-8 infantry units depending one what they are
23 Aug 2014, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 01:44 AMwooof

its actually a lot faster. jagd can get a similar top speed, but has 40% less rotation speed. and thats after the upgrade. the upgrade doesnt help its acceleration though, which is 66% less than a kt. accelerating and rotating are pretty damn important with how bad pathing is and since the jagd has no turret.

if a jagd is out of position because hes trying to dodge a b4, its vulnerable. even if you dont take advantage of that, just lead your shot. its not like hes able to change directions.

Its not always vulnerable, at 85 range forward or backward 10 meters is not a whole lot. Plus at 85 range its really easy to support it
23 Aug 2014, 06:29 AM

ISU, Elefant and Jagdtiger should all just be deleted from the game. I've never had a game, either a victory or a loss, whether I was using it or facing it, where I stopped and thought "boy, those things sure did make the game more fun!"
23 Aug 2014, 07:51 AM

the whole idea that non arty units can shoot across two screens, or through shot blockers shows just how far COH has fell. It use to be about positioning, tactics and maneuvers now its like red alert 2 - build the biggest tank and win. So one dimensional
23 Aug 2014, 07:58 AM

My Problem with the Jagdtiger and the Elephant is if you go T1 + T4 with soviets you cant to very much against tham. You dont have tanks to flank and you dont have infantery based AT. So you need some call-ins. And there we are in the call in meta. And dont say, but the ISU. The ISU is op as well.
23 Aug 2014, 08:13 AM

ISU is l2p and Jagdtiger OP. Sure thing
23 Aug 2014, 08:14 AM

It looks like the only one way to destroy jagd tiger and other heavy armor is use artillery abilities.
Even when I get 3 jacksons to counter kt or something similar it always bounce off and ussualy only 1 out of 3 shoots penetrate kt and jagdtiger. It's pain to kill supported armor while you getting taken out just by 2 shoots.
23 Aug 2014, 08:26 AM

ISU is l2p and Jagdtiger OP. Sure thing

ISU does not have frontal armor that bounce everything. ISU does not shot through everything like there was no obstacles on a way. ISU does not have penetration over 500. ISU does not have 85range.
ISU needs to maneuver which is killing on thight maps. ISU does wipe out inf - true but why Jadgtiger does not? Because Guards with PTRS, Cons with grenades or Rifle with Bazooka can do a shit to it while PzGrens or Volks equipped with schrecks can make ISU retreat very fast.

Infantry should be natural counter for big and heavy vehicles whitout AI power but it seems that allies are lack of such inf.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
Russian Federation 38
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L