Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger - The Gamebreaker

PAGES (10)down
22 Aug 2014, 23:12 PM

I understand why Pak43 shots through buildings. It's stationary, can not be moved etc. but why Jadgtiger does the same? I just had game which since the beggining we got 1 CPU (we made 40k dmg each, CPU 15k) but besides that, thanks to the combined army, we took all 3 VP and had nice advantage. I kept King Tiger on distance, successfully fought off all attacks with ZiS, IS2, Shock and Maxim although I can not pushed more.
Guess what happend next. Jadtiger appears (since that moment it was 4-5mins when the game ended or I should say 1-2mins since it took position) shooting through everything. I was complety unable to reach it, not to mention flank it. KT approaches with some Volks and PzGrens (not big deal) but they had support of Jadgtiger. It complety wiped out my 3 IS-2. If I wanted to hit KT, I needed to enter Jadgtiger range (not to mention Jadtiger simply shooted through everything without any problem with aimimg like ISU or Elephant).
I did over 2000% with 1xCons, 1400% with 1xZiS, 600% with 2xMaxim, 1300% 1xMortar, 400% 3xIS-2
yet we still get smashed becase of just one unit. All hard work gone in few minutes.
22 Aug 2014, 23:19 PM

I think the Jagdiger is a bit too drastic in it's current form. Sure it's expensive, but at some point they can't be undefeatable. I think the range needs to go down back to 70 to allow allies to actually try to flank the damn thing. Maybe a slight cost decrease to go with it.
22 Aug 2014, 23:19 PM

Delete "shooting throught everything" and replace "Jagdtiger" (thats how its called - not Jagdhadfhhad) with "ISU-152" and you see that the Germans have the same problem.
22 Aug 2014, 23:23 PM

I've fought the Jagdtiger twice and each time I haven't been all that impressed. It needs the range because despite the armour, it gets stun-locked by everything. I managed to kill one (supported by a raketen) with some Riflesquads and M10's.
22 Aug 2014, 23:24 PM

I think the Jagdiger is a bit too drastic in it's current form. Sure it's expensive, but at some point they can't be undefeatable. I think the range needs to go down back to 70 to allow allies to actually try to flank the damn thing. Maybe a slight cost decrease to go with it.

Sure, so it becomes as extint as Elefant and your ISU will have free roam huh :snfPeter:
22 Aug 2014, 23:27 PM

Delete "shooting throught everything" and replace "Jagdtiger" (thats how its called - not Jagdhadfhhad) with "ISU-152" and you see that the Germans have the same problem.

I can't agree becasue "shooting through everything" is the main problem. ISU shines most on open, wide maps. On, for example Ettlebruck (where I had this game) it's very hard to use ISU. You have to move and rotate it straight to the target which gives some opportunity to flank. Jadgtiger just stands hidden behind building and snipes tanks. No need to maneuver in tight space.
22 Aug 2014, 23:35 PM

I understand why Pak43 shots through buildings. It's stationary, can not be moved etc. but why Jadgtiger does the same? I just had game which since the beggining we got 1 CPU (we made 40k dmg each, CPU 15k) but besides that, thanks to the combined army, we took all 3 VP and had nice advantage. I kept King Tiger on distance, successfully fought off all attacks with ZiS, IS2, Shock and Maxim although I can not pushed more.
Guess what happend next. Jadtiger appears (since that moment it was 4-5mins when the game ended or I should say 1-2mins since it took position) shooting through everything. I was complety unable to reach it, not to mention flank it. KT approaches with some Volks and PzGrens (not big deal) but they had support of Jadgtiger. It complety wiped out my 3 IS-2. If I wanted to hit KT, I needed to enter Jadgtiger range (not to mention Jadtiger simply shooted through everything without any problem with aimimg like ISU or Elephant).
I did over 2000% with 1xCons, 1400% with 1xZiS, 600% with 2xMaxim, 1300% 1xMortar, 400% 3xIS-2
yet we still get smashed becase of just one unit. All hard work gone in few minutes.

Dude, the Jadtiger is so fucking slow than everything (LITERALY EVERYTHING) with any at capability can destroy it.
Just park a Sherman at one side. Before he can ever turn, half of his HP will burn. Then, just click to the other flank and wait. There goes 250 fuel and 800 (if i don't remember bad).

Other option is call a powerfull offmap artystike. Again, is too slow to escape from that if the Axis player does not react instantly.
22 Aug 2014, 23:52 PM

I love this unit because it's fun. Forget balance. Can it shoot through walls? Hell yes. Can it fire from range? You beatcha. Longest range at 85. Can you squeeze two shots off using the supporting fire ability? Yep! Can it penetrate IS2 frontal armor? Sure can.

Best used in in 3v3 or 4v4 maps that have narrow channels where flanks are impossible. Just keep your eyes open for spotter planes and the JadTiger will win the game.
22 Aug 2014, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 23:52 PMNapalm

Best used in in 3v3 or 4v4 maps that have narrow channels where flanks are impossible. Just keep your eyes open for spotter planes and the JadTiger will win the game.

Unless it gets 1 shot by double B-4, as seen on Rogers stream yesterday <444>_<444>
23 Aug 2014, 00:02 AM

They needed LOS to do that. Shoot and scoot.
23 Aug 2014, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 23:35 PMB4Z00K4

Dude, the Jadtiger is so fucking slow than everything (LITERALY EVERYTHING) with any at capability can destroy it.
Just park a Sherman at one side. Before he can ever turn, half of his HP will burn. Then, just click to the other flank and wait. There goes 250 fuel and 800 (if i don't remember bad).

Other option is call a powerfull offmap artystike. Again, is too slow to escape from that if the Axis player does not react instantly.

And you think that Jadgtiger just stands alone without any support and enemy gives me 1-2mins for trolling it with Sherman?
23 Aug 2014, 00:16 AM

the only thing can be done is nerfing the range of jagdtiger and decreasing the damage of the shell when go through houses and trees..
23 Aug 2014, 00:18 AM

And you think that Jadgtiger just stands alone without any support and enemy gives me 1-2mins of trolling it with Sherman?

And again: This is exactly what I said about ISU. The answer was "L2P". And now suddenly this argument works if it goes against Jagdtiger?

Sorry guys, the Jagdtiger and Elefant are the only german units who can actually harm ISU. And since you decided that "It is fine as it is." (Quote) Jagdtiger is also fine as it is.

Or is really your logic "If Germans have something strong, its OP and need a nerf - If Allies have a strong unit, you just need L2P."?
23 Aug 2014, 00:20 AM

JadTiger has 15 more range, the ability to shoot through walls, and shoot rapid fire with a Vet 1 ability. I don't think that comparing it to the ISU152 is exactly fair.
23 Aug 2014, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 00:20 AMNapalm
JadTiger has 15 more range, the ability to shoot through walls, and shoot rapid fire with a Vet 1 ability. I don't think that comparing it to the ISU152 is exactly fair.

You forgot to mention that Jagdtiger also doesn't oneshot infantry squads.
23 Aug 2014, 00:27 AM

And again: This is exactly what I said about ISU. The answer was "L2P". And now suddenly this argument works if it goes against Jagdtiger?

Sorry guys, the Jagdtiger and Elefant are the only german units who can actually harm ISU. And since you decided that "It is fine as it is." (Quote) Jagdtiger is also fine as it is.

Or is really your logic "If Germans have something strong, its OP and need a nerf - If Allies have a strong unit, you just need L2P."?

I already answered You. It's completly different situation. Is it hard to kill ISU? Yes. Is't very powerful AT and AI unit? Yes. Does it shoot through buildings like through paper? No, that's the problem!
You have to put ISU in right place. Jadgtiger can simply stands behind buildings and snipes. I have no problem with range, penetration, damage. Just with shooting through everything. No need to maneuver, low chance for expose rear armor, just click and it's done.

You forgot to mention that Jagdtiger also doesn't oneshot infantry squads.

Late game Allies AT inf can just put off PTRS or Bazzooka, take off pants and pee on Jadgtiger - same result so it does not need AI power.
23 Aug 2014, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 00:16 AMIGOR
the only thing can be done is nerfing the range of jagdtiger and decreasing the damage of the shell when go through houses and trees..

lol
23 Aug 2014, 00:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 00:02 AMNapalm
They needed LOS to do that. Shoot and scoot.

good thing that doctrine comes with scout planes.

and "scoot" is something the jagdtiger doesnt do very well
23 Aug 2014, 00:40 AM

I'm fine with both ISU and JT being nerfed, should never have been in the game to begin with.
23 Aug 2014, 00:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 00:38 AMwooof

good thing that doctrine comes with scout planes.

and "scoot" is something the jagdtiger doesnt do very well

It's a bit of a tell when the bird is flying around your tank. Situational awareness is a damn good thing. To avoid a B4 precision shot one must back up or move forward. No worries.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 69
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak