Login

russian armor

Typical Mid level game showing how Axis as OP

• This thread is locked
22 Aug 2014, 22:54 PM

Before anyone says "durr you're not pro you both need to L2P the game is balanced for pros", I understand that. But this game is not made for pros. It's made for everyone who buys it. Balancing it only for pros is frankly bullshit elitism that is going to ruin the series in the long run.

If the game can't be balanced for mid level players and pros, something is seriously broken in the game

This is a typical mid level skill 1v1 (I am the OKW player). Notice several things throughout the game.

1. We both make mistakes
2. I organize my forces like shit
3. He pops a sherman that, in theory, should roll me over
4. Shermans just aren't effective enough and can be sufficiently soft countered by shreks
5. His m20 is effective but too effectively soft countered by my shreks

In sum, while he does have the advantage early game, through soft counters, I can slow him down sufficiently to get my tech up

6. My units punish his mistakes worse than his units punish my mistakes because his units are more fragile
7. I can drop a fucking fall squad for just ammo
8. I can pop a fall squad out of a building to totally fuck his engagements over

Why are we axis players bitching that allies are too strong? Or at least USF. I maxim and con spam all the time with Soviets and it's fucking bullshit there too

http://www.coh2.org/replay/22870/instructive-game-on-why-okw-is-opusf-is-up
22 Aug 2014, 23:01 PM

So your ingame name is "Regrowing my Foreskin"...

22 Aug 2014, 23:05 PM

I experiment with quite a few ingame names until I get bored and make new ones :D
22 Aug 2014, 23:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So that means that this was a serious thread?
http://www.coh2.org/topic/22373/uncircumcising-myself
23 Aug 2014, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 23:58 PMTobis

Indeed good sir!
23 Aug 2014, 09:22 AM
Donator 11

Besides the fact that your ING debunks yourself to be on the level of a 12y old who should rather grow something else first, more in the upper region of his body... I watched your replay.

The US player is opening with only 2 Rifles and constantly (!) floating over 500mp, rushing his M20 into your lines, and generally not "mid"-skilled, while Axis player is. Thats why the latter won.

Ironically, you gave a perfect example why you DO NOT talk about balance issues on lower levels. Because here games are lost or won by gamebreaking mistakes which are obviously not even realized, like you proved by yourself posting how you beat a lowskilled player and claiming balance issues.
23 Aug 2014, 10:38 AM

23 Aug 2014, 15:08 PM
Patrion 14

"Balancing for pros" is the only correct way (in principle) to balance a game. Why would you want to balance in such a way as to dumb down the units so they work better with less skill? Shouldn't the game reward the extra effort you put into games and improvement. By not balancing for top level play, it encourages people to run to the balance devs every time you lose instead of working to improve yourself.

Blizzard took the same approach with WoW during Catacylsm (and even a bit before): they dumbed down their raids so basically "everyone" could do them. Instead of actually trying to form a fluid, dynamic, and hard working raid team all you had/have to do is que up and basically afk at the fight. Why? Because enough people complained that the content was too hard to beat. They basically rewarded laziness instead of work to enjoy the end-game content.

It's one way to balance, for sure, but not the way that is best for a game (especially one where they just partnered with an Esports group - ESL).
23 Aug 2014, 15:22 PM

What...the fuck?
23 Aug 2014, 15:39 PM

1. USF most play styles: USF is actually the army with only one viable playstyle with base commanders, 4 rifles to LT to either of the light vehicles to Major, and another with 4-5 rifles to captain to endless ez8s if you have rifle company. You can replace one rifleman from the first option with assault engineers if you feel like it

2. Zookas: The problem with zookas is they're plain bad, not that they're expensive. They can't be relied on to kill anything heavier than a 222, so why waste weapon slots on an upgrade that you actually have to pay to unlock?

3. OKW vs Soviets: You have two cheese strats as soviets that kinda work and a whole bunch of dead in the water combined arms that don't have any chance of succeeding. Soviets so overpowering.

4. Going for PIVs is a perfectly viable alternative to Tigers in 1vs1.

5. Light suppression on HT and Luchs gun on 222 --> lol muricans

6. Dane's endless hardon with volks being useless even though they're already better than cons straight out of the gate and get better the longer the game goes on

7. Similarly Dane's endless hardon with jagdpanzer being useless even though it's freaking amazing at what it's supposed to do

8. OKW struggling MVGame

23 Aug 2014, 15:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Pointless thread left to wither on the vine.

Let's move on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS