Login

russian armor

Minesweeper sheeth for all Engineers

22 Aug 2014, 10:10 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Anyone else think it would be great if all Combat Engieers, Echelon and Pioneers could also sheeth their minesweeper in exchange for their normal weapon like the Sturmpioneers currently can? Gaining that extra 25% dps but in ex change for losing detection until equipped again. It's not like it would be too strong or anything since their weapon DPS is already so abysmal, but it'd be a nice skill differentiator and it often makes the different between an Engineers/Echelon/Pioneers being able to kill the weapon crew of a support weapon or not.
22 Aug 2014, 10:36 AM

Breaks the CoH mold a bit, and probably many will disagree, but frankly Ive always thought minesweeping (and wirecutting for that matter) should be native on "builders".

Your suggestion highlights the problem with that though, as it would mean a dps reduction right off the bat since one model is dedicated with the sweeper.

In anycase, I welcome and encourage discussion on how to bring "builders" back into the meta more. Currently they are a bit of a "necessary evil" that dont contribute all that much outside of their basic necessity, and feel sort of like heavy baggage that dont really carry their own weight much in any other capacity aside from building and repairing.

So yes, I agree with your proposal. Atleast it helps diversify "builders" a bit, and maintain a semblance of a combat role, even when upgraded.
22 Aug 2014, 10:37 AM

That's an interesting idea, but as you pointed out it will have a small effect.
22 Aug 2014, 10:38 AM
Donator 11

Everyone would run around with minesweepers on every pioneer squad and make mines shit. No thx. I also think there are bigger problems with the game to focus energy on.
22 Aug 2014, 10:45 AM

Spajn, I disagree. Mines are and remain awesome, especially considering the current cost of the sweeper upgrade, as compared to the cost of mines.

Minesweeping is inherently risky, because it involves sending a "builder" out in advance of other units. Its micro intensive, extremely situational and very dangerous.

And I disregard completely arguments that "there are more important things". All aspects of the game are important, and the heirarchy of priority for changes is not our concern, its Relics in terms of how much resources and time they have for them in their own schedule.

Doesnt mean at all that we cant discuss it.

"Builders" are quite shit overall in current meta. I for one support any and all discussion on how to make them more worthwhile and capable of carrying themselves better than they do at this time, as a very marginalised unit.
22 Aug 2014, 11:56 AM
Patrion 14

I like the fact that minesweepers "holster" ability is exclusive to Sturmpios. Helps differentiate them. Like extra levels of vet for OKW or vehicle crews for the US.

22 Aug 2014, 17:28 PM
Patrion 27

+1 please give the option to all builders. Sturmpioneers are already differentiated from the other by being an excellent combat unit in their own right due to STG44.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★