Login

russian armor

Volks are garbage - Run an experiment vs Cons

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
22 Aug 2014, 06:15 AM

Permanently Banned
Keep a volks squad in cover.

Use a con squad to use Oorah to run right at the volks they will not even lose 10-15% HP before already reaching the Volks squad and will proceed to outdamage the volks and force a retreat without even throwing a molotov so they shift. If they throw a molotov and force the volks to shift they own them even more so. please note they only have to get within medium range to outperform Volks.

I have trialled this several times.

Volks Need a cheap LMG upgrade to to negate this or an increase in damage.

Sorry but i dont think waiting less than 0.2 seconds to save 5 MP is worth the difference in performance. Not only that Cons can merge, have AT grenade and Molotov etc. Why the difference in class.
22 Aug 2014, 06:34 AM

Keep a volks squad in cover.

Use a con squad to use Oorah to run right at the volks they will not even lose 10-15% HP before already reaching the Volks squad and will proceed to outdamage the volks and force a retreat without even throwing a molotov so they shift. If they throw a molotov and force the volks to shift they own them even more so. please note they only have to get within medium range to outperform Volks.

I have trialled this several times.

Volks Need a cheap LMG upgrade to to negate this or an increase in damage or remove Oorah.

Sorry but i dont think waiting less than 0.2 seconds to save 5 MP is worth the difference in performance. Not only that Cons can merge, have AT grenade and Molotov etc. Why the difference in class.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdGF4VURuYjVGZXlIN3ptbV8tbzRzN0E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

basic math tells me conscripts have a 0.16dps advantage over volks at close range, thats the only range they beat volks. technically you arent wrong, but you are just ignorant. ooorah stops firing, all the more reason for volks to stop and focus fire.

the only time i see conscripts tossing molotovs and beating volks at mid range is when okw player fails to focus fire, allowing a full hp conscript to get into molotov range and then failing to react to the molotov animation. this scenario i described, is seriously in every sense of the phase 'an L2P issue'.
22 Aug 2014, 06:35 AM

Volks are garbage indeed, only when they are

- alone or small numbers
- vet 0
- without green cover

When you have 3-4 or above, and spam Sandbag in a middle of road without cover around, Volks shine and Rifles becomes garbage, even if they have M1919.
22 Aug 2014, 06:41 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 06:35 AMPorygon
Volks are garbage indeed, only when they are

- alone or small numbers
- vet 0
- without green cover

When you have 3-4 or above, and spam Sandbag in a middle of road without cover around, Volks shine and Rifles becomes garbage, even if they have M1919.

This argument simply falls through. Im saying in a 1v1 scenario that is what happends. this simply can hold true in a 3v3 scenario too where all 3 squads can oorah and still dominate volks.
22 Aug 2014, 06:42 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 06:34 AMwongtp

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdGF4VURuYjVGZXlIN3ptbV8tbzRzN0E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

basic math tells me conscripts have a 0.16dps advantage over volks at close range, thats the only range they beat volks. technically you arent wrong, but you are just ignorant. ooorah stops firing, all the more reason for volks to stop and focus fire.

the only time i see conscripts tossing molotovs and beating volks at mid range is when okw player fails to focus fire, allowing a full hp conscript to get into molotov range and then failing to react to the molotov animation. this scenario i described, is seriously in every sense of the phase 'an L2P issue'.

Did you even read my post. I said ive tried this several times and time and time again this is what happends.
22 Aug 2014, 06:44 AM

This argument simply falls through. Im saying in a 1v1 scenario that is what happends. this simply can hold true in a 3v3 scenario too where all 3 squads can oorah and still dominate volks.

You realise I am basically a 1v1 player, don't you?
22 Aug 2014, 06:47 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 06:44 AMPorygon

You realise I am basically a 1v1 player, don't you?

I wasnt talking about 1v1 player wise. I was talking squad wise. Lol.
22 Aug 2014, 06:48 AM

When the blobs get bigger and bigger the attacking squads lose advantage, as the stationary squads can focus and stomp a squad on the way in.
22 Aug 2014, 06:49 AM

I wasnt talking about 1v1 player wise. I was talking squad wise. Lol.

Dude, it is really a L2P issue. You don't send a Volks fighting anything, anyone, alone, because they suck alone, same as Ostheer Gren, period.
22 Aug 2014, 07:00 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 06:49 AMPorygon

Dude, it is really a L2P issue. You don't send a Volks fighting anything, anyone, alone, because they suck alone, same as Ostheer Gren, period.

Dude this makes no sense. Im saying run the experiment. It makes no difference if its 3 volk squads vs 3 con squads the outocme is the same if you use oorah and close in to negate the cover of volks and is even worse when you throw molo. at least grens have Rifle nades and LMG upgrade to someone punish this.

Volks have nothing.
22 Aug 2014, 07:10 AM

A finer example of an L2P thread I have yet to see.

I guess you stopping playing this game didn't mean you were about to stop posting. Shame.

There are very good reasons for why basically nobody playing soviets against OKW is going for multiple conscripts, and you are apparently incapable of seeing any of them.
22 Aug 2014, 07:13 AM

Dude this makes no sense. Im saying run the experiment. It makes no difference if its 3 volk squads vs 3 con squads the outocme is the same if you use oorah and close in to negate the cover of volks and is even worse when you throw molo. at least grens have Rifle nades and LMG upgrade to someone punish this.

Volks have nothing.

Focus the damn fire, damn it. You know Cons charging you, you can throw a damn nade or even assault nades on their predicted route, can't you?

3 Volks standing by their sandbag can 100% fend away 3 oohing Cons, if you can't, read the sentence above & L2P.
22 Aug 2014, 07:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 07:10 AMCruzz
A finer example of an L2P thread I have yet to see.

I guess you stopping playing this game didn't mean you were about to stop posting. Shame.

There are very good reasons for why basically nobody playing soviets against OKW is going for multiple conscripts, and you are apparently incapable of seeing any of them.

I use multiple conscripts half the time.
22 Aug 2014, 07:23 AM

Volks are fine. Just use mg34 to support them if you can't kill anybody with the.
22 Aug 2014, 07:41 AM

Volks have nothing.

Then get obers. this faction plays a bit similar to the IG of DOW2 : guardsmen in the front stormtroopers in the back was a common tactic. same goes for the okw get those volks in front of the obers.
22 Aug 2014, 08:38 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 07:41 AMJaigen

Then get obers. this faction plays a bit similar to the IG of DOW2 : guardsmen in the front stormtroopers in the back was a common tactic. same goes for the okw get those volks in front of the obers.

Id love to get obers but the game vs soviets doesnt reach that far since soviets can easily win early map control and starve OKW for more fuel than it is already starved.
22 Aug 2014, 08:38 AM

Use grenades?

Really volks do fine against conscripts, better than vanilla grens I would say. Conscripts do slightly more DPS at close range which can give them an advantage if they can get very close without taking fire in the process. But unlike vanilla grens, volks have a grenade which can still be used even in close range.
22 Aug 2014, 08:40 AM

This is nothing about positioning or being a L2P issue. Im simply saying what has happened when i ran this experiment. And i replicated it several times with the same outcome.

Good job you ran an experiment that has no real practical application to how games actually play out. That would be the weirdest game, 1v1s between cons and volks all over the map(Vet 0 volks too, lets just completely ignore how they scale amazingly with vet) playing out for the entirety of a match.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 155
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %