Login

russian armor

Randomranks disparity since wfa

21 Aug 2014, 21:19 PM

Playing with the wfa puts you higher up the random-ladders than playing with the old factions. I guess this is the case because most of the better players never plays randoms but the decay on the ladders is so small that they will hold their spots with the old factions. So i guess this means that if I play with ost and get a mate playing as ost its more likely he is a better player than if I get a mate playing as okw?
21 Aug 2014, 21:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

It's harder to rank up as the old factions because they've been available for a lot longer. So, there are a lot more people to pass on the leaderboards.

Whether he's ost or okw has nothing to do with how good your teammate is.
22 Aug 2014, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 21:21 PMRomeo
It's harder to rank up as the old factions because they've been available for a lot longer. So, there are a lot more people to pass on the leaderboards.

Whether he's ost or okw has nothing to do with how good your teammate is.

The actual skill of the player is of course not determined by factionchoice but there is a big disparity in the ranks between wfa and the old factions. Lets take my mate as example, hes ranked around 10000 with the old factions but 2000 as okw. So, the same player will be matched against much higher players with the wf-armies.
22 Aug 2014, 12:39 PM

Is it not also because there are also less players with CoH2 + WFA than players with just CoH2?

But I think mainly it's what Romeo said.
22 Aug 2014, 15:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Rank =/= ELO
22 Aug 2014, 16:41 PM

Is it not also because there are also less players with CoH2 + WFA than players with just CoH2?

I Think the disparity hails from the change to AT. If we take this player as an example http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198012811763. He has randomratings with the old factions but not with wfa. Probly he hasnt played a singel game as a randomteam but the decay in the ladders is so slow he will be there a couple of years more. So the randomrating works nice for wfa but relic could reset the old factions random-ladders.
22 Aug 2014, 16:49 PM

I Think the disparity hails from the change to AT. If we take this player as an example http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198012811763. He has randomratings with the old factions but not with wfa. Probly he hasnt played a singel game as a randomteam but the decay in the ladders is so slow he will be there a couple of years more. So the randomrating works nice for wfa but relic could reset the old factions random-ladders.

decay really isnt that slow. before AT was added, my most played mode was 3v3 germans and i was in the top 10. im now approaching 1500.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment