Login

russian armor

Jaeger Light Infantry

• This thread is locked
21 Aug 2014, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 08:20 AMCruzz

1. Shocks don't spawn from any building on the map
2. Shocks cost more than 340MP
3. Shocks actually need to get in close to do anything because they only have shovels instead of guns.
4. They don't beat 3 volks, except just maybe if you put all your volks in one huge blob next to a corner, and the shocks round that corner. Otherwise I'd always bet on the 3 volks winning the fight with ease.

Well, they have grenades, smoke and armor. And if u dont A-move toward 3 volks u can take them...
21 Aug 2014, 09:58 AM

Well, they have grenades, smoke and armor. And if u dont A-move toward 3 volks u can take them...
You still need to micro shcoks though since they need to close in. While JLI can just stay in mid-long range and still kill efficiently.
21 Aug 2014, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 09:58 AMsteel
You still need to micro shcoks though since they need to close in. While JLI can just stay in mid-long range and still kill efficiently.

Micro is not an argument as this is not SC2. It surprises me however that you target the JLI and not the FSJ who perform even better.
21 Aug 2014, 12:42 PM

Well all OKW units are susceptible of attacks because they usualy overpass in performance their counterparts. But that is normal for a faction with fuel shortage I guess. There has to be a compensation.
21 Aug 2014, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 12:40 PMJaigen

Micro is not an argument as this is not SC2. It surprises me however that you target the JLI and not the FSJ who perform even better.
I've seen and used JLI to chase off PPSH conscripts while conscripts chase off FSJ. FSJ are no big deal to me.

Micro is still a valid argument imo. If it's not then we make it sound like COH2 is an A-move game right?
21 Aug 2014, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 12:46 PMsteel
I've seen and used JLI to chase off PPSH conscripts while conscripts chase off FSJ. FSJ are no big deal to me.

Micro is still a valid argument imo. If it's not then we make it sound like COH2 is an A-move game right?

the rng god was in favour for you then when you attacked that fsj squad. technically they have around the same dps with at cc but the fsj has much better medium and long range damage then the JLI. not to mention that the FSJ has some very potent cc grenades.
21 Aug 2014, 13:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Look, Brutus, reality check,, please! I have just looked at your card, and it appears you do not play Shocks at all in 1 v 1.

Cruzz, on the other hand, is one of the best players in 1 v 1.

Discussion is fine, but there comes a point when arguing for the sheer hell of it defeats the object. It may be, for instance, that you play Axis at a lower level than Cruzz, and therefore things happen at your level which do not occur in high level game play.

COH2 Balance is about balance - balance at the top end of the scale.

Back to topic: Jaeger Light Infantry

21 Aug 2014, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 12:50 PMJaigen

the rng god was in favour for you then when you attacked that fsj squad. technically they have around the same dps with at cc but the fsj has much better medium and long range damage then the JLI. not to mention that the FSJ has some very potent cc grenades.
My apology for forgetting to mention it was a PPSH conscript that chased off the FSJ. I've done it myself like 10 times already when my opponent was FSJ spamming. Only JLI I can't do the same.
21 Aug 2014, 13:19 PM

Look, Brutus, reality check,, please! I have just looked at your card, and it appears you do not play Shocks at all in 1 v 1.

Cruzz, on the other hand, is one of the best players in 1 v 1.

Discussion is fine, but there comes a point when arguing for the sheer hell of it defeats the object. It may be, for instance, that you play Axis at a lower level than Cruzz, and therefore things happen at your level which do not occur in high level game play.

COH2 Balance is about balance - balance at the top end of the scale.

Back to topic: Jaeger Light Infantry

Started to play recently with Soviets, still didnt have time to play 1v1 game modes because i have usualy someone to play with... But i still didnt play with or against Jaeger light infantry, and u guys say that they are overall weaker by firepower than FSJ, now if the JLI is as fragile as FSJ then they probably are not OP, because then they are weaker on long-mid range, still fragile and dont have any bombs or smokes nades. Maybe my opinion is irelevant but that's just my two cents
21 Aug 2014, 13:21 PM

Jaeger cost is ridiculously high for what they do and how vulnerable they are. They already had their armor stripped already and cost increased to 340mp.

Further nerfing is not necessary.

21 Aug 2014, 13:31 PM
Patrion 14

I say make only the top 10 1v1 players able to post on balance forums. Fuck the rest of us and our level of play.
21 Aug 2014, 13:46 PM

It's very easy to make the shocks eat a grenade in that scenario, which sends them packing right away.

About Jaegers: yeah I got got burned by these guys a few times thinking I needed to get close to them. My poor PPSh conscripts got annihilated several times. On the other hand DP-28 Guards did pretty well against them while staying at range. The unit doesn't need a big nerf or anything, maybe just a slight cost increase.

21 Aug 2014, 14:47 PM

Started to play recently with Soviets, still didnt have time to play 1v1 game modes because i have usualy someone to play with... But i still didnt play with or against Jaeger light infantry, and u guys say that they are overall weaker by firepower than FSJ, now if the JLI is as fragile as FSJ then they probably are not OP, because then they are weaker on long-mid range, still fragile and dont have any bombs or smokes nades.

So what are you doing in this thread?

Jeagers are one of the strongest non LMG squads in game, they are decent at range(but worse then falls), awesome at close quarters(better then falls) and awesome on the move, they can jump out of any buildings and clear weapon teams/snipers in a matter of time partisans could only dream off while having great survivability because of received acc modifier(which is greater then the one of falls if I remember correctly) and sprint, they can scavenge cleared weapon teams and booby trap back capped points.

JLIs are easily top 3 of best squads in game while not being in the top 3 most expensive squads trio.

Maybe my opinion is irelevant but that's just my two cents

Well, it is for the reason you've mentioned.

Don't discuss sexy sexy stuff if you're a virgin. Try it first so you will have any base for argument and opinion that isn't based on imagination.

21 Aug 2014, 18:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I say make only the top 10 1v1 players able to post on balance forums. Fuck the rest of us and our level of play.

First off the bat, there is a forum here, where high level discussion between this board and the Devs takes place. You will see the Admin and others involved refer to it from time to time. The majority of us (including me) are not privy to these conversations. But the Admin and good players are.

Second,and by default, it means that the open forums are here for discussion between us, but on a meaningful basis. The Admin have made it clear that they want to see the Balance discussions tidied up,since the open boards are viewed by guests from the outside and therefore are meant to reflect a board that means business, knows what is it is about and discusses things respectfully, in a way which guides aspects of the game intelligently. In this regard, "Fuck the rest of us" fails to cut it.

New posters are more than welcome to join in discussions and ask questions, as they seek to expand their game play knowledge. But when they prematurely start to assert themselves with inconsidered or flat-out bad ideas, and then proceed to aggressively question good players, who are often badged (but not always so), it cheapens the board content to a degree. If the inexperienced player persists with ideas - often theory craft- vying with experienced players who know the proposition is incorrect, too often flame wars erupt, as inexperienced players side with each other like street gangs. This way, anarchy ensues.

Experienced players are happy to impart their knowledge - otherwise they would not post on these forums - but due respect should be accorded to them, and the solutions they promulgate.

tl:dr If you are unsure and inexperienced about what you write, it is better to listen and learn.

21 Aug 2014, 18:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Disrespectful post invised.

Keep it clean please.
21 Aug 2014, 18:19 PM

sorry major but this is bs. you guys have hidden forums where you discuss balance and fuck everyone else is totall crap. we all pay for the game. we should have equal say.
21 Aug 2014, 18:34 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

sorry major but this is bs. you guys have hidden forums where you discuss balance and fuck everyone else is totall crap. we all pay for the game. we should have equal say.

May I invite you to re-read my post and comprehend it properly, rather than than make startling allegations? All which I have written was in the public domain here.

Nobody pays to join this board. We are all equal,Darth Bong, but some are more equal than others.

Back to Jaeger Light infantry....

21 Aug 2014, 18:42 PM

May I invite you to re-read my post and comprehend it properly, rather than than make startling allegations? All which I have written was in the public domain here.

Nobody pays to join this board. We are all equal,Darth Bong, but some are more equal than others.

Back to Jaeger Light infantry....

Seriously though, what is the point of this high level "only" forum discussion? This kind of segregation is what leads to complete balance disasters like march deployment. Everyone should be able to voice their opinions and see the opinions of others.

And i believe those boards aren't "high level players boards", like if you are in the top 50 you get access to those, they are picked from some very old and known players in the game , and from what i know, some of them have severe biases.

The way balancing should be done, is there should be an open beta. Where everyone can see upcoming or test out changes that are in the works, not this kind of cold war era NKVD styled everything secret NDA nonsense.
21 Aug 2014, 18:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 18:42 PMBurts

Seriously though, what is the point of this high level "only" forum discussion? This kind of segregation is what leads to complete balance disasters like march deployment. Everyone should be able to voice their opinions and see the opinions of others.

And i believe those boards aren't "high level players boards", like if you are in the top 50 you get access to those, they are picked from some very old and known players in the game , and from what i know, some of them have severe biases.

The way balancing should be done, is there should be an open beta. Where everyone can see upcoming or test out changes that are in the works, not this kind of cold war era NKVD styled everything secret NDA nonsense.

This is an indirect attack on the forum structure. PM me if you wish. Locked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★