Login

russian armor

How to counter volley fire?

20 Aug 2014, 12:50 PM

When etches do volley fire if i am at a good distance i go away or if i am too close i go nearer.If i'm in limbo what do i do?
Pls HELP me.:help:
20 Aug 2014, 13:12 PM

Imo there is no need to counter it because at this very moment, it is worth even less than nothing.

On topic: Focus fire with 2 squads. I think they have an increase in received acc when they volley.
20 Aug 2014, 16:13 PM
Donator 11

1- If you think he will use volley fire, stay behind green cover, you will not get surpress as easy.

2- Support you squad with a second unit,they (echelon squad) don't do that much damage, so you have time to bring in a second squad from a different angle.

3- As it is right now, it takes a lot of time before your unit actually gets pinned, you have time to throw grenades/rifle grenade.

4-Worse case, retreat, your enemy just spent 20munis for almost no reason, you now know where echelon squad is and it is very weak unit, so you can easily counter attack that section of the map.
20 Aug 2014, 16:14 PM

Volley fire and rear echelons are just completely useless units. Volley fire is just a horrible waste of 20 munitions, most of the time.
20 Aug 2014, 17:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I don't know why people don't like volley fire. Since it got re-buffed it's in a good place, and RE squads are quite capable of winning solo engagements vs volks and pioneers with it.
20 Aug 2014, 17:37 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 16:14 PMBurts
Volley fire and rear echelons are just completely useless units. Volley fire is just a horrible waste of 20 munitions, most of the time.

Volley fire is great, especially when RE squads have BAR or .30 cal LMG. If a PG, Pio, or Sturmpio squad is rushing your RE and you activate volley fire at the max range, it will suppress, then pin the attacking squad.
You will win the engagement if your RE is at full health.

If used correctly, it can be very dangerous.
Stick behind green cover, or go behind a shot blocker (building, hedge, etc.)
20 Aug 2014, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 17:28 PMRomeo
I don't know why people don't like volley fire. Since it got re-buffed it's in a good place, and RE squads are quite capable of winning solo engagements vs volks and pioneers with it.

People don`t like VF because their benchmark for its performance is the absolutely broken state it was in when WFA came out.
21 Aug 2014, 03:01 AM

Group your grenadiere into a Gruppe (2 squads of grenadiere). Upon encountering volley fire, identify the fireteam(squad) the RE troops are targeting. Once identified, move that fireteam into cover. The other fireteam will approach the RE troop and attack them point blank.
21 Aug 2014, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 16:14 PMBurts

RE are not useless. You can equip them with BARs or m1919's then they'd be a nice late game unit.
21 Aug 2014, 20:19 PM

I have this perception that Volley Fire takes a long time to really get going. I'm not a US player, so I'm at the receiving end, and I'm not really scared by it. Is it because my current adversaries do not use it well?
22 Aug 2014, 14:04 PM

When etches do volley fire if i am at a good distance i go away or if i am too close i go nearer.If i'm in limbo what do i do?
Pls HELP me.:help:

Mortar, MG42, Sniper, 2x Grens/Inf
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment