Login

russian armor

Relic please stop hiding stats from us (bulletins)

18 Aug 2014, 19:44 PM
Patrion 27

Do all types of bulletins stack? (obviously some do based on testing)

Do 10% exp bulletins actually work? (killing a conscript kill nets 40 exp regardless of bulletins)

Do you know that some bulletins aren't working? (tested one and two Sturmtiger 5% reload bulletins with zero effect)

Why do super heavy and expensive call-ins have 10% faster cooldown bulletins? (120mm, T34/85, isu-152)
I figured this would go away with WFA but Jagd Tiger has this bulletin. Is this a move to troll players or were you guys calling in two Jagd Tigers in testing?

With the amount of focus that has been put on the war spoils and drop system since WFA I have to wonder if resources are being wasted on a feature that many times isn't even functional.

What I would like to see is actual statistics on the Army Customizer page showing precisely how much your units are being affected by bulletins. 5% faster top speed on Panther bulletin? Show the old top speed value next to the new top speed value (you know, like any other game in the universe would) If not then please just stop working on bulletins at all and focus on balance. Thank you.

18 Aug 2014, 19:59 PM

The popup for exp values you see is command exp. What units receive is entirely different from that, though higher values of command exp generally mean higher amount of exp per damage dealt to that unit as well.

The Sturmtiger bulletin seems to be a -% reduction applied properly to the 49 reload duration of the gun. Too bad the reload ability actually just forces an instant reload while having its own duration of 49 seconds, to which the bulletin won't apply.
18 Aug 2014, 20:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

bulletins suck anyway :snfPeter:

But yeah more stats ingame would be great.
18 Aug 2014, 20:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think they should just remove all stat bonuses from bulletins entirely. They don't do anything significant anyway.

They make more sense as 'badges' or 'trading cards' or whatever you want to call them than as army customization options. If they actually had an effect on the game, they'd be a balance nightmare.
18 Aug 2014, 20:15 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 19:59 PMCruzz
The popup for exp values you see is command exp. What units receive is entirely different from that, though higher values of command exp generally mean higher amount of exp per damage dealt to that unit as well.

This is my main issue. There is no way for me or any other average coh2 enthusiast to have any idea how this works without delving into hidden statistics. I want to see this information in-game somewhere. So great, conscripts grant me 40 command xp... out of a total of how much now? who knows... when you mouse over your cp it doesn't say anything. These numbers are completely arbitrary without any reference for the player.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 20:05 PMRomeo
I think they should just remove all stat bonuses from bulletins entirely. They don't do anything significant anyway.

They make more sense as 'badges' or 'trading cards' or whatever you want to call them than as army customization options. If they actually had an effect on the game, they'd be a balance nightmare.

Agree 100%. It was clear from the get-go that bulletins were a vessel for putting in cool blurbs and historical facts about the units and I like that. What I don't like is the focus on the warspoils system and Relic getting feedback from the players for bulletins when we don't even know if most of them are functional or not and when they are they have such a negligible affect on the game.
18 Aug 2014, 20:16 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I saw someone playing without bulletins... SWAGGER
18 Aug 2014, 20:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Good for him. Fight the system!
18 Aug 2014, 20:42 PM

Should play without commmanders as well.
18 Aug 2014, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 19:59 PMCruzz
The Sturmtiger bulletin seems to be a -% reduction applied properly to the 49 reload duration of the gun. Too bad the reload ability actually just forces an instant reload while having its own duration of 49 seconds, to which the bulletin won't apply.

This really made me laugh, thank you.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 20:05 PMRomeo

+1 Pls remove the stat bonuses from bulletins.
18 Aug 2014, 20:58 PM
Donator 22

lol,
cool to hear of some bulletins not working.
For a change of 5%......hey, simply believe it to be working. No one can tell the difference anyhow!
18 Aug 2014, 20:59 PM

I see plenty of OKW players stacking 3 bulletins of panzerschreks 5% cheaper.

Is that thing useful? which price will they have at the end?
18 Aug 2014, 21:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

77 munitions? That's just a guess.

That's assuming it's (90 * (0.95)^3).

I know for sure that stacking 3x price reduction brings assault engineer flamethrowers from 60 munitions to 51, which uses the above stacking method.
18 Aug 2014, 21:05 PM

So I looked things up. The stat bonuses exist correctly, though some things are probably coded incorrectly.

Code
| | | | | | | received_experience_squad_modifier: {
| | | | | | | | $REF: "modifiers\received_experience_squad_modifier.lua";
| | | | | | | | application_type: "apply_to_squad_type";
| | | | | | | | exclusive: false;
| | | | | | | | modifier_id: "";
| | | | | | | | negative_tooltip: 11001788;
| | | | | | | | positive_tooltip: 11001789;
| | | | | | | | target_type_name: "tiger_squad_mp";
| | | | | | | | usage_type: "multiplication";
| | | | | | | | value: 1.1f;
| | | | | | | };

This is for the tiger "sibling rivalry" 10% xp bonus.

Now something like the Sturmtiger is literally coded for 5% faster reload,

Code
| | | | | | | reload_weapon_modifier: {
| | | | | | | | $REF: "modifiers\reload_weapon_modifier.lua";
| | | | | | | | application_type: "apply_to_weapon";
| | | | | | | | negative_tooltip: 11001821;
| | | | | | | | positive_tooltip: 11001822;
| | | | | | | | target_type_name: "hardpoint_01";
| | | | | | | | value: 0.95f;

and since it doesn't actually fire its weapon like other weapon types but rather must use an ability to fire and reload, its probably an oversight.

Now other things that are bonuses are all (mostly) correctly there, such as speed, accuracy, etc. but the bonuses are so small you won't notice. You could look at something like http://www.coh2-stats.com/ or https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdGF4VURuYjVGZXlIN3ptbV8tbzRzN0E&usp=drive_web#gid=16

and multiply the listed stats by your bulletin to come up with it for yourself, but 5% movement speed bonus for a panther with speed 6.5 is going to become a whopping 6.825. You are not going to notice this.
18 Aug 2014, 21:06 PM

3 shrek bulletins reduce the cost down to 77 or 76 munitions. It is the best bulletin I think for okw
18 Aug 2014, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 20:59 PMGreeb
I see plenty of OKW players stacking 3 bulletins of panzerschreks 5% cheaper.

Is that thing useful? which price will they have at the end?

Code
| | | | | | | upgrade_cost_munition_modifier: {
| | | | | | | | $REF: "modifiers\upgrade_cost_munition_modifier.lua";
| | | | | | | | application_type: "apply_to_upgrade";
| | | | | | | | negative_tooltip: 11001831;
| | | | | | | | positive_tooltip: 11001844;
| | | | | | | | target_type_name: "assault_pioneer_combat_upgrade";
| | | | | | | | value: 0.95f;

Exclusive = false means romeo is probably right, though I don't have multiples to test this.
18 Aug 2014, 21:51 PM
Patrion 27

How about... reducing the amount of overall commanders and making things like PPSH, G43, Mark Target, Panzer Tactician etc... bulletins instead?
18 Aug 2014, 22:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

as intriguing as that is I wouldn't expect such a massive overhaul of both commanders and bulletins anytime soon

or ever
18 Aug 2014, 22:01 PM

My dream is still to get that 133% vet bonus on my Panzer IV and T-34/85.

Edit: Wait... that vet bulletin also exists for Tigers and IS-2s. I´ve got a new dream.
18 Aug 2014, 22:43 PM

What we (I) really need is three copies of the 'Oorah!' bulletin--15% reduced cooldown on Cons, stacked with For Mother Russia? Yes pls.
18 Aug 2014, 23:23 PM

That 10% increased suppression bulletin stacked with accuracy modifiers on an already beefy MG42 made for a significant advantage. I even think that combo was one of the reasons they revamped all bulletins around the same time as March deployment.

Bulletins are a joke again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 46
United States 32
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L