Login

russian armor

What should Relic do to increase allies-players?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (13)down
18 Aug 2014, 15:13 PM

Pretty much what the topic says. The automatch regularly shows that 90% of the players are searching as axis. I dont have any suggestions myself but are interested in hearing yours.

Here are your suggestions so far:

Balance:
Better stock-infantry for soviets that scale better in to late game.
The special abilitys for the factions is to weak at the moment, example ram.

Meta:
Usf need some big tanks(aka Pershing).
Usf need more options in arty-department.
More openings for Usf. One example: lower the fuel cost for Usf T1.

Change Soviet faction design: at the moment Soviets rely to much on commanders, Soviets can only use half of their army. Make a T1, T2-star viable. Make T3 and T4 viable lategame.
Swapping Soviet tanks between tiers.

The option to play defesively with allies. Not having to win in the first 20 minutes, aka stressful gameplay.
Fuel-income in teamgames reduced.

Other:
Random faction search ability - with higher eloganins.
New commanders and cosmetics(skins,faceplates) for allies.
Better warspoil-chances when playing as allies.
18 Aug 2014, 15:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Well people will always prefer the germans so Im really not sure if Relic actually CAN do something.

I also think that its not really necessary
18 Aug 2014, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 15:20 PMI<444>3CoH
Well people will always prefer the germans so Im really not sure if Relic actually CAN do something.

I also think that its not really necessary

Not sure what you mean. Why would people Always prefer germans? You mean this is ideological? I for myself thought it had to do with the actual game, that allies are awkward in some sense.
18 Aug 2014, 15:25 PM

Permanently Banned
People will tell you there are 90% germans because the uniform is so cool. I'll tell you the truth: The allies are just designed in a bad way so they offer not that much fun. They are so spam based and the veterancy boni are created during breakfast.
18 Aug 2014, 15:29 PM

Nothing, because nothing can be done.
Soviets are simply no fun to play because of stiff tiering that limits you compared to 3 other tiering systems, stock infantry doesn't scale and looses to every other stock infantry.

USF, while having flexible rifles are also not that interesting to play, because you have literally no options to open, its always 4 rifles or gtfo regardless of what you want to do later, which is still pretty limited to spamming shermans/jacksons or EZ8.

The factions are simply not appealing from design level even if potent. And lets not forget that they had a plethora of their own balance problems as well where units scale badly or don't scale at all and you are forced to relay on doctrines way too heavily, especially for late game, which limits already limited options even more.
18 Aug 2014, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 15:29 PMKatitof
Nothing, because nothing can be done.
Soviets are simply no fun to play because of stiff tiering that limits you compared to 3 other tiering systems, stock infantry doesn't scale and looses to every other stock infantry.

USF, while having flexible rifles are also not that interesting to play, because you have literally no options to open, its always 4 rifles or gtfo regardless of what you want to do later, which is still pretty limited to spamming shermans/jacksons or EZ8.

The factions are simply not appealing from design level even if potent. And lets not forget that they had a plethora of their own balance problems as well where units scale badly or don't scale at all and you are forced to relay on doctrines way too heavily, especially for late game, which limits already limited options even more.

The majority of people prefer Germans period, they prefer the look, units ect.

Unlike what this spoon would have you believe, it has nothing to do with faction design/balance.

It was the same in vCOH and will always be the same.

PS Katitof : the russian faction has been designed so that you always have scaling inf in Commanders? How have you not realized this??? You moan about penals and cons in every single thread, dont you realize that you can use Shocks/Guards/PPSH cons!? Almost eveery single Russian commander has a variation for these inf types.

What do you want? Penals to be Panzer Fusilers with G43s? Guards to be Obers? PPSH cons to be SHocks? Shocks to be the old school UBER Shocks?
18 Aug 2014, 15:45 PM

Permanently Banned
I would like some usable non doctrinal infantry. Don't forget, Shock troops or Guardists cost 360 MP thats like 1 PZ Gren squad where the germans moan about.
18 Aug 2014, 15:47 PM

PS Katitof : the russian faction has been designed so that you always have scaling inf in Commanders? How have you not realized this??? You moan about penals and cons in every single thread, dont you realize that you can use Shocks/Guards/PPSH cons!? Almost eveery single Russian commander has a variation for these inf types.

What do you want? Penals to be Panzer Fusilers with G43s? Guards to be Obers? PPSH cons to be SHocks? Shocks to be the old school UBER Shocks?

A balanced infantry that will not force me to spam maxims or sniper only to have a chance at fighting basic troops of axis factions perhaps?

The possibility to use other doctrines then the ones with IS-2/ISU/T-34/85 and guards/shocks?

You know, the balanced game for playstyles that actually resolve around tier units, not call-ins and allow stock tier units to actually be useful late game when opponents lolspam heaviest armor they have found in their varied doctrines that still allow for interesting doctrinal choices even if we narrow it to Tiger only doctrines.
And in case you were sleeping under a rock for past year and a half-this is what community ask since release.
18 Aug 2014, 15:54 PM

Permanently Banned

Not sure what you mean. Why would people Always prefer germans? You mean this is ideological? I for myself thought it had to do with the actual game, that allies are awkward in some sense.

People always prefer germans in ww2 games, thats not an issue with coh2 gameplay or anything.

Therefore Relic really cant (and shouldnt) do anything to change that.
18 Aug 2014, 15:56 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 15:54 PMI<444>3CoH

People always prefer germans in ww2 games, thats not an issue with coh2 gameplay or anything.

Therefore Relic really cant (and shouldnt) do anything to change that.

you have sauces of where people say that??
18 Aug 2014, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 15:29 PMKatitof

Pretty much. The primary reason I play allies is because the searching number is almost always >80% searching as axis when I start the game, not because I particularly want to play as them. They have lame, limited and boring gameplay compared to either axis faction. If I want to win as soviets I'd better sure as hell have one of the five competitive commanders selected (Shock rifle, Guard Motor, Guard Mechanized, Shock Motor, KV1), and if playing against OKW I have to start with sniper or maxim spam and move into spamming shocks or guards because cons and penals are worse than useless, being outclassed straight away by freaking volks and getting worse from there as the game continues.

Playing as USF I can already tell if I won or lost the game at the 10 minute mark. I might as well quit at this point if my opponent has held to a reasonable amount of territory and/or hasn't really taken any manpower losses. Build variety is limited to: 3 rifles + 1 assault engineer or 4 rifles to lt or captain to m20 or stuart to Major and sherman/m8 spam or skip major and Armor company bulldozer spam. On an open map I may be able to build one howitzer before the tank spam phase, wooh!
18 Aug 2014, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 15:47 PMKatitof

A balanced infantry that will not force me to spam maxims or sniper only to have a chance at fighting basic troops of axis factions perhaps?

The possibility to use other doctrines then the ones with IS-2/ISU/T-34/85 and guards/shocks?

You know, the balanced game for playstyles that actually resolve around tier units, not call-ins and allow stock tier units to actually be useful late game when opponents lolspam heaviest armor they have found in their varied doctrines that still allow for interesting doctrinal choices even if we narrow it to Tiger only doctrines.
And in case you were sleeping under a rock for past year and a half-this is what community ask since release.

You have problems using Cons/Penals early game? dude if thats the case, there lies your real issue, l2p, if you cant make proper use of units that excel in the early game your lost bro.

Spam maxims and snipers = fail against any decent player 1v1/2v2 , so again here lies your problem.........

Guards/Shocks/PPSH cons are in A LOT more docs than the ones that you have mentioned, have a look at your commanders..............

If you are looking to use only stock units with any faction you will fail, commanders exist for a reason......

If you want to use Grens/Pgrens/Obers/Volks play germans, if not, learn to play russian and stop moaning.....

And no this is what YOU have been asking for repeatedly.
18 Aug 2014, 16:00 PM

Remember when Shocks were OP and came out extremely early?

Remember the %'s looking for MP games as Soviet then?

You'll remember that the players would ALL want Soviet.

The problem is the design of the Soviet and US factions are so bad that the ONLY way people will play them is if they're ridiculously OP.

That's the problem really.

And before anybody says it - yes - OKW is a dog's breakfast of poorly designed muck as well.

Basically I feel they nerfed Wehrmacht simply because people chose to play them more given the design of that faction "made sense" compared to the others available.
18 Aug 2014, 16:06 PM

You have problems using Cons/Penals early game? dude if thats the case, there lies your real issue, l2p, if you cant make proper use of units that excel in the early game your lost bro.

No, I have a problem using them past 5 minute.

I'm not even going to address rest of your trolling bs as I clearly talk to a brick wall here.
18 Aug 2014, 16:07 PM

Permanently Banned

you have sauces of where people say that??

Just play pretty much any ww2 game and witness it yourself.

Whenever someone has to choose between a wehrmacht or allies team the axis team has many more players.

Red Orchestra 1 and 2, Heroes and Generals, Company of Heroes 1 and 2.

IF the player ratio had anything to do with the gameplay or balance we would see it shift whenever allies become OP or UP in CoH2. Thats not the case, it has been overall steady.
18 Aug 2014, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 16:06 PMKatitof

No, I have a problem using them past 5 minute.

I'm not even going to address rest of your trolling bs as I clearly talk to a brick wall here.

Katitof my good sir, you have proven my point, after 5mins you have issues using any unit other than maxims or snipers, your words not mine. Clearly you have a fundamental issue with using the units at your disposal, please learn how to use these units before demanding relic buff them for your own gratification........

I and 99% of all Soviet players actually have no issues with any soviet stock inf unit, and certainly not with any call in inf unit/inf package, please understand the design of the Soviet faction, understand the call in inf style that they have and always have had.

Please do us all a favour and stop with this UP soviet inf/no scaling madness, regards :)
18 Aug 2014, 16:17 PM

Spam maxims and snipers = fail against any decent player 1v1/2v2 , so again here lies your problem.........

Guards/Shocks/PPSH cons are in A LOT more docs than the ones that you have mentioned, have a look at your commanders..............

i'd agree with katioff on the infantry part, shocks are extremely kitable, guards are meh, costly and conscripts dont scale. penals are worthless when they dont provide any real advantage over conscripts despite costing more.

if shocks cant even get into ppsh lethal range when german infantry blobs are so capable of lmg spam, dont expect ppsh-cons to work wonders either.

on top of that, with shit infantry comes shitty armour. t34/76 while decent, still pushed off by volks schreck blob. su85 comes with a good gun but nonsense armor, traverse and shat on by jagdtigers, jagdpanzers, volks schreck blob at max range and elefants.

im not even sure what you mean by excel in the early game, volks/grens have a pretty good chance over conscripts/penals. only things saving soviets are snipers, m3 and isu152.
18 Aug 2014, 16:31 PM
Patrion 14

Remember to calm those tits gentlemen, keep it constructive please.
18 Aug 2014, 16:34 PM

I agree that its a design issue. The allies, Soviets especially, are way to cheesy by design and in my oppinion the basic wehrmacht faction feels more complete. Id preffere a faction more similair to the US in vCOH.
18 Aug 2014, 16:36 PM
Donator 11

Didn't think about if this would have any unwanted side-effects, just throwing this idea out there, add the, so wanted, RANDOM ARMY possibility and if you win, your rank increases by 15% more then it normally would and the opposite if you lose.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS