Login

russian armor

You coh2 vets, please help me out here

18 Aug 2014, 15:03 PM

I made a topic about this a few days ago, and would like to try one more time to fix this game breaking issue.

I've never had any technical issues with the game, and have played for months now, slowly getting better and fixing my l2p issues. Finally, when wfa came out, I could tell I was coming into the game. I got to about rank 800 with the usf, and was really starting to feel I understood how to play, and loved it.

Fast forward to about two weeks ago (maybe when they did the latest patch?) and the game has fallen apart. I CAN'T issue any orders without there being at least a three second delay.

ANY.

A squad of sturm pios approaches me.... as soon as I see them, if I hit retreat, it won't matter. My squad will be wiped out before they do anything. I turn the corner with a tank and see AT... doesn't matter, it won't back up until it's been hit two to three times. The input lag has become insane, and I don't know what the issue is.

My PC is a six core processor, it has 8gb of ram. I'm running a hd 7770 graphics card. The game runs flawlessly on any setting in single player. All other mp games run fine as well. My internet has not changed. Nothing has. It doesn't matter if I run on maxed high settings or absolute minimum settings. This is how my games play out (a 33 sec recording of my last game):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK1CGpnkckE&feature=youtu.be

I can't even keep squads alive. It's impossible to play anymore.

Does anybody have any idea what could have happened? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love the game, and I don't want to give up on it, but it has become unplayable out of the blue.
18 Aug 2014, 15:10 PM

Hasnt happened to me, but Ive heard reports of similar experiences.

Last night ImperialDane also went into unprecedented and uncharacteristic anger over him experiencing this as well.
18 Aug 2014, 16:14 PM

This is a total shot in the dark. A similar behavior happened to me once in another game (Wargame). I bet ya, its a weird ISP issue, and not the game, or your PC.

Go to this website and run the test.
http://www.pingtest.net/

Post your results here if you can.

Its not always about bandwidth, download speed.
Its often about latency, and if you can show your ISP bad results from this website, they will send a tech out and run some tests on their lines (or they should). I was able to get Comcast to do it.

Turned out that the problem went on for several days, but, they eventually fixed it with enough complaining- or some other problem was fixed in their network, because the results vastly improved once the problem was fixed.
18 Aug 2014, 16:17 PM

Choose different cities to run tests with. It might be worth choosing one near where Relic's stats servers are (although I have no idea where that is).
18 Aug 2014, 16:28 PM

Choose different cities to run tests with. It might be worth choosing one near where Relic's stats servers are (although I have no idea where that is).

I think it's in New York.
18 Aug 2014, 16:32 PM
Donator 11

I recall having a game where every command seem have a huge delay but only happened to me once or twice in the past 2-3 weeks.
18 Aug 2014, 17:51 PM

Here are my results for both Chicago and NY (I live in KY). They look ok, I believe?

CHICAGO:
packet loss: 0%
Ping: 47ms
Jitter: 4ms
grade: A

NY:
Packet loss: 0%
Ping: 42 ms
ping: 2ms
grade: A

Time warner cable: 2.5/5
18 Aug 2014, 18:22 PM

ive been noticing some significant input lag lately as well. im not sure when it started, but the servers had pretty much eliminated the problem for a while.

the weird thing about your video is the retreat symbol actually shows up, but they dont retreat. i would think if input lag was your problem, that symbol wouldnt show up. i could be wrong though
18 Aug 2014, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 18:22 PMwooof
ive been noticing some significant input lag lately as well. im not sure when it started, but the servers had pretty much eliminated the problem for a while.

the weird thing about your video is the retreat symbol actually shows up, but they dont retreat. i would think if input lag was your problem, that symbol wouldnt show up. i could be wrong though

That's the thing I really don't get. The audio will play immediately as well. But as far as actual action goes...
18 Aug 2014, 18:33 PM

That's the thing I really don't get. The audio will play immediately as well. But as far as actual action goes...

only thing i could think of (and i have no idea if coh2 actually works this way) is if that symbol and audio was client side. so to you, it looks and sounds like you retreated, but the server doesnt know that yet. just a thought.
18 Aug 2014, 19:15 PM
Patrion 14

I have a input lag on regular basis since the very begin. CoH2 seems to have problems with some hardware configurations. That´s my only idea since my internet works perfectly fine and i never had any problems with other games.
18 Aug 2014, 19:23 PM

Is it as major as what I'm experiencing as well? That really sucks for anyone period, but especially if you've had to put up with that since the beginning. The game is literally unplayable in that state.
20 Aug 2014, 17:26 PM

Well its not your ISP based on those results.
There is a post about Relic adding in a "re-connect" feature to their servers in one of the recent patches.

So there is probably something going on with that.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/20733/game-freeze-followed-by-fast-forward/page/2#post_id202734

Its odd though, that for some its worse than others.

You might try just turning off all virus protection/firewalls for a few games and see if that makes any difference.

One theory might be that some security software on your machine is flagging this "re-connect" traffic as suspicious so it causes lag... Just a complete shot in the dark.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★