Login

russian armor

Incoming received accuracy for OKW units

19 Aug 2014, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 15:56 PMNinjaWJ
so why the change by relic?

Iirc, it says in the patchnotes I linked to you...

@Milkacow: I see. I was considering that armor+cover constitutes two rolls, whereas cover+acc red is a multiplicative single roll, perhaps to the result that it ends up scaling poorly according to the quality of the cover, whereas armor would be a single separate concrete roll in addition to first rolling past the cover modifier to hit.
19 Aug 2014, 16:26 PM

Iirc, it says in the patchnotes I linked to you...

@Milkacow: I see. I was considering that armor+cover constitutes two rolls, whereas cover+acc red is a multiplicative single roll, perhaps to the result that it ends up scaling poorly according to the quality of the cover, whereas armor would be a single separate concrete roll in addition to first rolling past the cover modifier to hit.

oh no i mean if the armor and recieved accuracy is the same, why they pick one over the other? i can see they got nerfed which is nice
19 Aug 2014, 16:29 PM

Visual.
Received acc = miss
Armor = hit, but no damage dealt.

Since they had no armor, having shots impact but do nothing looks weird on any non body-armor unit. That's why only Shocks have armor.
19 Aug 2014, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 16:26 PMNinjaWJ

oh no i mean if the armor and recieved accuracy is the same, why they pick one over the other? i can see they got nerfed which is nice

No. I'm saying iirc they specifically explain why they did it in the patchnotes.

Do you understand what I mean now?
19 Aug 2014, 16:44 PM

ok don't beat me up :(
19 Aug 2014, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 16:44 PMNinjaWJ
ok don't beat me up :(

What?

Why do you get defensive when I'm just explaining and answering your question? :S

Nvm. This is the second time. Cba.
Vaz
20 Aug 2014, 14:09 PM

Armor can be nerfed selectively towards individual weapons through penetration increases. This makes shocks have no advantage over cons when trapped by an HMG.
20 Aug 2014, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 14:09 PMVaz
Armor can be nerfed selectively towards individual weapons through penetration increases. This makes shocks have no advantage over cons when trapped by an HMG.

This makes no sense to me at all.

Armor cannot be nerfed !selectively! by increasing penetration of individual weapon X.
By sheer simple fact, that individual weapon Xs penetrstion works against ALL armor, generally, not specifically to one armor unit.

I am even more bewliderd by how suddenly Shocks having no advantage compared to Cons, when suppressed, evem remotely relates to that.

I cant make heads or tails of any of this.
20 Aug 2014, 15:58 PM
Patrion 14

I think that what he means is that when you're facing a unit with armor, you can decide to bring in a weapon with decent penetration. So if you see a shock, you try to engage it with your MG42 because it will penetrate it (of course the more obvious reason to do that is because you want to suppress it, but that's beside the point).

Now when you're fighting a unit with reduced incoming accuracy, it doesn't matter what you choose to fight it with. Everything will be equally affected by the reduced incoming accuracy.
Vaz
20 Aug 2014, 20:20 PM

You are correct CptEend. If they decide to nerf LMG's I think they are a perfect candidate to receive a little extra penetration. Like 1.25 or even just 1.5 completely ignoring shocks armor. It would also be a buff against the m3 as well. Not too bad considering timing. The lack of armored axis infantry kind of leaves the dp-28 and m1919 out in the cold in this respect though. They would still be effective of course, just not anything special over any other small arms.
20 Aug 2014, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 20:20 PMVaz
You are correct CptEend. If they decide to nerf LMG's I think they are a perfect candidate to receive a little extra penetration. Like 1.25 or even just 1.5 completely ignoring shocks armor. It would also be a buff against the m3 as well. Not too bad considering timing. The lack of armored axis infantry kind of leaves the dp-28 and m1919 out in the cold in this respect though. They would still be effective of course, just not anything special over any other small arms.

LMGs already have penetration greater then 1.
Vaz
20 Aug 2014, 20:50 PM

Is that so? I never noticed, I'll have to look at those numbers.
Vaz
21 Aug 2014, 12:36 PM

I feel received accuracy is superior to armor. It's better for blobbing against any target. Right now a shock blob going into a machine gun straight on and a volks blob going into a machine gun would give the volks more benefit. Received accuracy works on everything while armor is limited.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS