Login

russian armor

[Need Help] Stats about Osttruppen

17 Aug 2014, 02:28 AM

Hi, I've been paying attention to the Osstruppen Doctrine and I wish to know more about them in detail.
I've visited the COH2 stats page, but the information is a bit too technical for me to understand. I am aware that their damage seems to be nearly half of most T1 infantry.

This might seem to be asking for too much from the community, but I really wish some could lay out the information in a way that is more easily understandable.

What is the raw damage they deal when hitting a target? I would prefer it not be DPS.

What is their accuracy when not behind cover? When behind cover?

How long is their reinforcing time?

What are the damage of other T1 infantry? This includes Conscripts, Grenadiers, VolksGrenadiers and Riflemen.

A big thank you beforehand!
17 Aug 2014, 03:01 AM

The raw damage that bullets do is irrelevant to the performance of the unit. It really is DPS that matters, so that is the number you should look for. Relic somewhat recently rebalanced small arms profiles to reduce damage all around, but bumped up accuracy; the net effect is the same but there is less overkill.

Accuracy is determined by the unit moving or not, its suppression state, and what cover the target is in.

I could list the individual bullet damages for you but again this is irrelevant since rate of fire and accuracy come into play, these things must be factored into how much damage a unit can do and hence its DPS.

Essentially, the potential damage of a unit is its damage, multiplied by its rate of fire, multiplied by its accuracy, factoring in things such as aim time, reloads, clip size, cooldown, etc.
17 Aug 2014, 03:09 AM

This spreadsheet (much more detailed than the coh2stats.org one, although minus that nifty DPS graph) will answer a few of your questions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdGF4VURuYjVGZXlIN3ptbV8tbzRzN0E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

According to Woof's comments (he made the spreadsheet), Ostruppen currently have a permanent 50% accuracy modifier applied to each model. When in cover, they gain a 2-times accuracy modifier.
17 Aug 2014, 03:21 AM

Hi, I've been paying attention to the Osstruppen Doctrine and I wish to know more about them in detail.
I've visited the COH2 stats page, but the information is a bit too technical for me to understand. I am aware that their damage seems to be nearly half of most T1 infantry.

This might seem to be asking for too much from the community, but I really wish some could lay out the information in a way that is more easily understandable.

What is the raw damage they deal when hitting a target? I would prefer it not be DPS.

What is their accuracy when not behind cover? When behind cover?

How long is their reinforcing time?

What are the damage of other T1 infantry? This includes Conscripts, Grenadiers, VolksGrenadiers and Riflemen.

A big thank you beforehand!

Damage;

Osttruppen: 8 damage

Conscript: 16 damage

Grenadiers: 16 damage

VolksGrenadiers: 10 damage

Riflemen: 8 damage

Accuracy

Osttruppen: Near 0.45 Far 0.35

Conscript: Near 0.45 Far 0.3

Grenadiers: Near 0.7 Far 0.6

VolksGrenadiers: Near 0.65 Far 0.55

Riflemen: Near 0.6 Far 0.5

What makes the Riflemen so strong is that they fire their guns more frequently than their German and Soviet counterparts.

Can't find the reinforce and accuracy in cover. Though Elbe day patch notes said Osttruppen's accuracy in cover 2x.
17 Aug 2014, 03:21 AM

Here's all you need to know about Ostruppen:

Don't use them.
17 Aug 2014, 19:01 PM

From my experience in game, it seems that Osttruppen reliably lose to combat engineers in equal cover.

To someone more versed in the stats - is that a reasonable assessment, or am I just seeing things?
18 Aug 2014, 05:31 AM

From my experience in game, it seems that Osttruppen reliably lose to combat engineers in equal cover.

To someone more versed in the stats - is that a reasonable assessment, or am I just seeing things?
CE use the same rifle with the same stats. Basically, they are a 4 men conscript squad except they can plant mines, bomb, build, build and cut wires.
19 Aug 2014, 06:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 05:31 AMsteel
CE use the same rifle with the same stats. Basically, they are a 4 men conscript squad except they can plant mines, bomb, build, build and cut wires.

So from what it seems is that, even CE have 1.5x the DPS of ostruppen...
19 Aug 2014, 06:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 06:02 AMJ1N6666

So from what it seems is that, even CE have 1.5x the DPS of ostruppen...
Both of them sre very equal to each other although CE are slightly better (because 170mp unit is more expensive than a 200mp unit). One has higher dps while the other has more men.
19 Aug 2014, 06:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 06:09 AMsteel
Both of them sre very equal to each other although CE are slightly better (because 170mp unit is more expensive than a 200mp unit). One has higher dps while the other has more men.

Yeah but they take damage twice as fast, so they actually last as long as if they were 3 men.
19 Aug 2014, 07:11 AM

fun fact : a single combat engineer rifle does slightly more damage than a conscript rifle at long range.
19 Aug 2014, 07:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 07:11 AMBurts
fun fact : a single combat engineer rifle does slightly more damage than a conscript rifle at long range.
Why is that so? The engineer has better stats than conscripts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★