Login

russian armor

Is there actually any point in counter sniping?

16 Aug 2014, 08:26 AM

Seeing a soviet player with guards in every loadout was a clear sign he was going to try for some sniper and button crap we all love. Making an early sniper I was able to counter snipe him about 10-12 times before ultimately getting myself counter sniped against one of his 3 snipers.

To be quite honest this guy was either so bad, or just letting me counter snipe him since he knew he has a get out of jail card with a 2 man sniper squad. Should I just not even bother with counter sniping and just rush for AC and pop panzer tactition and just trade AC's for snipers?
16 Aug 2014, 10:22 AM

A Countersnipe simple not viable option with Osther, but with Soviets, easy run.
16 Aug 2014, 11:41 AM

10-12 counter snipes is 900-1080 man power damage inflicted by your 360mp sniper. I'd say your sniper was worth it even if you did not finish of one of his snipers.

But going 1 sniper against 3 sniper teams is pointless. The enemy will likely move his snipers together, so if you snipe one there are others that can fire back. You will only get a full kill if you get lucky with that vet 1 shot. Having 2 Snipers would be better, since you can then take out 1 of his sniper squads and hopefully re-cloak before the other snipers can shoot you.

Scout cars are tricky, if you are going to use them you have to make sure you have mine-sweeper pios nearby to check for mines. There is nothing worse than trying to chase snipers or flanking them and running over a mine.

The best option is probably the mortar halftrack. Their fire grenade can quickly kill snipers caught in the flames.
16 Aug 2014, 12:13 PM

IMO for countering the SU sniper team, not good the WM sniper, too much risk, you havent big chance kill whole squad, but you can only one mistake, and your squad gone... Mortar, or arty AoE flame weapon would be better, and need continue all time AC push-flank, once you can fallow his retreating sniper team/s to his base, or catch up off guards, you probably win the game with good chance.
18 Aug 2014, 05:16 AM

How did you counter snipe and survive so many times? Did you only shoot behind green cover + max range?

By the time there's 3 snipers (in ur situation) u can counter with 1 or 2 T3 tanks. 2 pios + 4 grens + mortar + 222 is enough to pressure the opponent off the field if he tries several soviet snipers early on.

Once they fix the call in system, heavy T3 starts will be better than waiting for tiger spam.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 1
United Kingdom 173
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak