Login

russian armor

2v2 Advices (as USF/SOV)

15 Aug 2014, 18:35 PM

Hey guys,

would like ask for some hints on issues we frequently encounter.

We play USF/SOV.

Issue: Massive infantry with Big Tanks (late game)
Germans build massive infantry (Volks with shreks, Jaeger infantry, Fallschirmjaeger etc) followed by heave tanks (Tiger, Jagdtiger).
We struggle with the infantry blob if they have the chance to come close to M8A1 or AA Halftrack they simply shred with fausts.
Mass MGs does not win either due to lelg/mortar.
Since we have to put fuel into anti-infantry our AT is poorly. Later, the blob is followed by Jagdtigers/Kingtigers/Tigers etc. Even in good games (where we have some AT (SU-85,M36,EasyEight)) we cant just go and fight the jagdtiger since we will just be crushed by infantry with fausts (can just demolish USF tanks frontal, su85 from rear).
How do you deal with infantry blob and heavy tanks?

Issue: Walking Stuka
Smaller maps dont provide room to spread, nor cant you get in and take it down, is there any way to counter it?

Thanks for any advices.
3 Oct 2014, 23:20 PM

I had some success with the B4 against a stuka but you gotta hit it before it hits you or you waste 600mp. I feel that the stuka is a little too strong atm but it's relic... lets just say balance is not their strong point :)
4 Oct 2014, 13:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Shreck blobs with elite infantry mixed in are one of the hardest things to beat currently as USF, but on open maps you have to make an equally strong force with either 1919lmg riflemen/RE or Airborne mixed with scots jacksons and HE shells shermans. 2 Shermans with he shells are very good deterrant against blobs but they have low HP to stick around for long against all the shrecks.
As Soviet just forget about conscripts, on open maps double or triple snipers work or maxim spam into shocks. Follow up with powerhouse IS-2, the broken isu or the mobile t3485s

On small maps stuka zu fuss is basically invincible, it has double HP of katysuha and pwerfer so a lot less vulnerable to m3guard drivebyes or a m20. your best bet is to counter with indirect fire a la b4 or priest. Dont bother with atguns or mgs on small maps i would say and try to secure as much as reliable axis support weapons as possible
7 Oct 2014, 15:44 PM

The best strat we found is rush T34/sherman together with my mate. Agressive play. Constant pressure with maximum map control. Win before lategame.

USF :
-4 rifleman,
-T2 when 50 fuel,
-M20 to counter kubel/snipe
-para when 3VP (upgrade with lmg like poor shocks)
-drop MG or AT if required (kill T4 OKW; lock a point; etc...)
-T4 and sherman when enough fuel
-ambulance in late to win time (if not use soviet headquarter)

Soviet:
-3-4 conscripts
-T2 (maxim/Ziz)
-shocks
-T34 as soon as possible.
-ISU if late game can help (with some ziz/jackson)
-ppsh if town map help also where you can use true sight to approach

Something like that

It is important to coordonate push and play together for maximum pressure.

Work quite well yesterday.
13 Oct 2014, 12:50 PM

Personally I think if you are getting to the stage where heavy armour is coming out in 1v1 and 2v2 against Axis, the game is already lost.

I feel you basically have to play almost the perfect game for the first 10-15 mins of the game as Allies, capping a large portion of the fuel/munitions and inflicting some serous damages, to be in with a fighting chance...

Dealing with blobs early game as Soviets starts from the game kick off, I basically ensure I have around 3-4 conscript squads and molotovs available as soon as possible taking on as many smaller squads as possible. Also having your engineers laying mines on common choke points and CPs - this helps thin out squads.

Basically if you harass from the early game, as I believe Allies are intended, they don't have the time or resources to blob. In the meantime you can then get your own weapon support teams out to help establish a defensive line. Usually having just a couple of maxims in buildings or heavy cover with an overlapping arcs of fire (and supported by at least one mortar) is enough to get the Axis players on the back heel.

From there you need to start thinking about getting a couple of ZiS guns up. After that we've found having one soviet go SU85s and the other Allied player providing Shermans/T34's to provide a shield and to thin out enemy. KV8's also help.

19 Oct 2014, 15:17 PM

ZiS gun is the answer in my opinion.

It's barrage ability is surprisingly effective against blobs. It's also easy to bait a blob, so just barrage a little ahead of their approach and let them walk into it. Obviously you'll need a couple other units around to help out. Even if you don't kill much, oftentimes part of the blob will retreat.

The same trusty ZiS will also really do most of the damage to heavy tanks. Use with "Mark Vehicle", "Button" and the "AT-Gun Ambush" abilities, and watch their tanks either retreat or die. However, all these abilities are doctrine dependent.
28 Oct 2014, 11:51 AM
Donator 22

Hey guys,

would like ask for some hints on issues we frequently encounter.

We play USF/SOV.

Issue: Massive infantry with Big Tanks (late game)
Germans build massive infantry (Volks with shreks, Jaeger infantry, Fallschirmjaeger etc) followed by heave tanks (Tiger, Jagdtiger).
We struggle with the infantry blob if they have the chance to come close to M8A1 or AA Halftrack they simply shred with fausts.
Mass MGs does not win either due to lelg/mortar.
Since we have to put fuel into anti-infantry our AT is poorly. Later, the blob is followed by Jagdtigers/Kingtigers/Tigers etc. Even in good games (where we have some AT (SU-85,M36,EasyEight)) we cant just go and fight the jagdtiger since we will just be crushed by infantry with fausts (can just demolish USF tanks frontal, su85 from rear).
How do you deal with infantry blob and heavy tanks?

Issue: Walking Stuka
Smaller maps dont provide room to spread, nor cant you get in and take it down, is there any way to counter it?

Thanks for any advices.

I'll speack for USF, soviet is not my cup of tea.

You answer to your own question, so all you need is practice, practice practice , i'll not give you build order as game a "unique" and you need to adapt to every situation.

Heavy infantery blob is easy to deal with USF, you got a large map, flank them/ avoid them, split up and push, let the soviet use MG(they go for IG/mortar ? No problem, let you soviet ally pick up 120 mm mortar and lol at axis mortar) if he go tier 2 , if he go snipers, he will surely drain MP by killing model. If you go "standard" lieut tech, choose wisely, m20(destroy kubel/ chase enemy mortar HT) ? m15(very usefull if and only if used at max range) ? Smaller map like semo, use green cover , you will have mostly mid range fight, OKW go double sturm, focus them, they're long to reinforce and cost many MP, don't waste your riflemens model. A early ambulance is good too on smaller map. one .50 cal used to cover engagment is a great tool too.

Later on, a m8 as soon as possible is a good choice, but play wisely, hide the tank behind a house (and use true sight to fire over the house), get the m8 behind a friendly HMG, hide behind a bush, don't let the enemy have a sight on it, you will be fine.

Armor commander with 105 mm sherman is devastating too, in 2v2 you can just wipe many MANY model in one shot, a week ago, in lierneux, a OKW blobber charge me , he didn't know I got a 105 mm, like 4/5 volks + shrecks, the 105 mm shoot, hit them, killed 15 man :p, and even if they know you got it, engage with riflemen, and send sherman after it, , it will always kill 1 man to squad wipe if he not miss the shot. + opponent will not think of a armor commander as USF play mostly inf/airborne.

Regular sherman can do good, but you need to coordonate with your mate, will he go for ISU or IS, t/85 ? You need to split your armor force(he go AT, you go AI ect ect, you go screen tanks, he go long range heavy ). Usualy, I got for AATH or M20 , then m8 if heavy inf blob and you know they will not get a armor soon like a p4, if they are close to get one, get a sherman instead. second armor should always be a jackson to prevent armor from rushing your m8. 3 armor can be what you want.

A good jagtiger(behind line) covered, with faust and AT gun will be a hard task, basicly, I send my infantery to fight, I'm being protected by ISU , so when I engage vs blob, i'll loose less than Axis. When I see were the jagtiger is looking at, I send a flanking attack with my tanks, If I can't flank, I still win the figt as ISU will probably force enemy to fall back, , where Jagtiger will do nothing to my inf. If Isu get shot, it's not a problem, it can take some shots , send your tanks to support, don't loose one, let's just waste their inf on ISU. Only way to win.

If you don't overwhelm/drain MP your opponent after the first jagtiger, you will lost. You can fight any threat with a basic late game armor build up (2 jacks 1 m8 1 sherman 105 mm/e8/regular sherm) if you get supported by 1 or 2 ISU, you can close combat any tanks , even a KT, and the ISU will just blow up inf for long range and protect you from jagtiger. Sadly , you mate is forced to go ISU (or b4)every game vs a Jagtiger OKW, if OKW don't go jagtiger, IS or t34/85 is a strong choice if your mate don't want to play ISU.

Walking stuka : Don't go in building, basicly a Stuka will attack in a line front (if you got a line of mg) or attack on the retreat path, wat work well is to move forward your troops, send them close to your enemy troops, they will never strike near their troops. basicly don' t retreat, if OKW player know how to use stuka, you will basicly lost your troops on retreat.

P.S: and alway do one zis/ at paradrop, it cost MP but it's needed (even if i a standard game USF can have a tank at 8/10 min mark)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★