Login

russian armor

Now we know why Easy 8s are so buffed

15 Aug 2014, 15:25 PM

Check it shrugging off a hit from a Tiger at point blank range o_O

God damn Hollywood! Tiger makes a fool of a Sherman

Also, this movie looks like trash compared to the likes of Saving Private Ryan
15 Aug 2014, 15:40 PM

vCoh was made after Saving private Ryan, WFA is made after this crap.
15 Aug 2014, 15:51 PM

Very true lol. I think vCoH was very influenced by Band of Brothers too. Carentan is almost identical, right at the start.
15 Aug 2014, 15:58 PM

the tiger hit the sherman at a very bad angle, not sure but i think this is possible. However very unlikely.

Tiger should have zero problems penetrating easy eights (and easyeights shouldn't have too much of a problem penetrating a tiger)
15 Aug 2014, 16:00 PM

That was like 20m-30m at most, it must have about 95-99% chance of penetrating.
15 Aug 2014, 16:19 PM

Muhaha this is some good shit ^^

300 SS Bad-Boys against 5 'muricans with Brad Pitt in a E8 who'll win? :D
15 Aug 2014, 17:43 PM

Ah, the classic American war movie. There's always about 5 American protagonists(Give or take about 3) which kill roughly an entire division of Germans without a scratch to themselves throughout the course of the movie.

Screenwriters may decide to occasionally throw in a bullet hitting one of the protaginist's less-important limbs for extra drama. No Americans are ever killed on screen and if they are, it's nameless minor characters killed by bullets in which there's no emphasis that a skilled German soldier shot them.

If the Germans in the film are anything more than the most incompetent, aimless fuckwits Earth has ever seen then the movie will be buried forever as Nazi propaganda.

Also, a Tiger hitting an Easy 8 from that range (What, like, 30m?) would penetrate. 100% there's absoloutely no fucking way an 88mm round wouldn't penetrate a Sherman at any angle if there's less than a 1000m gap between the Tiger and the Sherman (And we're talking under 100m here for fuck sake). At the very least, the coaxial gunner would have been killed instantly as well as the Driver: The 88 may have gone through the track, destroying it, but it's not like that matters because the driver would have been ripped to shreds.
15 Aug 2014, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 17:43 PMAlbus
If the Germans in the film are anything more than the most incompetent, aimless fuckwits Earth has ever seen then the movie will be buried forever as Nazi propaganda.

I do want to say that Inglorious Basterds had German soldiers portrayed in a fairer light, they were more heroic and likeable than the Americans a few times. Particularly the officer in the scene;
"Did you get that for killing Jews?"
"No, for bravery."
15 Aug 2014, 19:50 PM

Pre-WFA CoH2 was basically "Enemy at the Gates: The Game" which explains why sov sniper is such BS and why Russians were so offended by the game to the point of boycotting it on metacritic.

BTW based on the trailer the movie looks terribad. EDIT: And putting Shia LeBouaoueiuf as a star right after Brad Pitt that just reeks of desperation.
15 Aug 2014, 20:14 PM

EDIT: And putting Shia LeBouaoueiuf as a star right after Brad Pitt that just reeks of desperation.

They still have this other guy who played Shane in The Walking Dead.
15 Aug 2014, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 19:17 PMMadeMan

I do want to say that Inglorious Basterds had German soldiers portrayed in a fairer light, they were more heroic and likeable than the Americans a few times. Particularly the officer in the scene;
"Did you get that for killing Jews?"
"No, for bravery."

The fact that 8(I think(?)) guys were able to kill about about 700 odd Germans without breaking a sweat or losing a man is an insult to the fact German regiments actually tended to kill a lot more allied infantry than sustained losses.

The solders in Inglorious Bastards may have been painted in a compassionate light, but they were still aimless, incompetent fuckwits.
15 Aug 2014, 22:20 PM
Donator 22

Before I call it crap, I'm going to at least WATCH the movie instead of just bashing it as "pro american bull....". Its funny, people who already hate this show probably loved "End of Watch" and "Training Day".

Well, the writer of "Training Day" and the director of "End of Watch" are the writer and director of this film. But I understand most of the bashing comes from a feeling of not seeing the war shown from other viewpoints. Its understandable but not the fault of the people making THIS film. They are making a primarily american film that will be shown primarily to american audiences so it can make MONEY.

If there is anyone to be angry at, be angry that the film industry in Italy, France, Britain, Poland, Russia, etc, etc doesn't make these films you want to see.

Anyways....if when the film comes out it is crap, then I'll be the first to say so. Until then....
16 Aug 2014, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 21:44 PMAlbus

The fact that 8(I think(?)) guys were able to kill about about 700 odd Germans without breaking a sweat or losing a man is an insult to the fact German regiments actually tended to kill a lot more allied infantry than sustained losses.

The solders in Inglorious Bastards may have been painted in a compassionate light, but they were still aimless, incompetent fuckwits.

Dr. Albus, why on earth would you expect a realistic portrayal of German forces in a Tarantino film? Or in any movie? They were the bad guys, the aggressors. Yes, German forces were exceptionally skilled and trained, but the majority of the movie-going public doesn't want to see that shit. They want to see Nazis get blown the fuck up. It can't be considered an insult unless the movie claims to be a realistic portrayal or something like that.

Or should we consider Predator an insult to US special forces since those idiots couldn't see what was clearly a big blurry alien with camouflage up in the trees all the damn time.
16 Aug 2014, 04:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 00:52 AMDanielD

Dr. Albus, why on earth would you expect a realistic portrayal of German forces in a Tarantino film? Or in any movie? They were the bad guys, the aggressors. Yes, German forces were exceptionally skilled and trained, but the majority of the movie-going public doesn't want to see that shit. They want to see Nazis get blown the fuck up. It can't be considered an insult unless the movie claims to be a realistic portrayal or something like that.

Sure, the American Public may want to see this shit but I personally hated Inglorious Bastards (The only saving grace was the exceptional performance by Christopher Waltz). Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is mine. Although there's clearly a market for making extremely American biased war films, my brain automatically detests how unrealistic it is. Although I can suspend a certain amount of disbelief for any movie, the suspension of belief is simply too much given how much I've studied WW2.

It's not even the fact that I hate Americans, because I don't. I love America and I admire their scientific and economic contributions to the world (As of late, their political and military contributions have been questionable). I just can't accept the premise that a handful of soldiers can kill a much, much larger force of soldiers without sustaining any casualties what so ever and in an almost comical fashion (In the case of Inglorious B.). I'd have the same reaction if a German-biased film game out showing, say, a group of Falschirmjaegers absolutely annihilating whole squadrons of Americans and then doing the equivalent of teabagging their dead bodies (As was the case in Inglorious bastards). Like I said, in any movie I can tolerate a certain amount of bullshit but generally American war films take the cake (Tiger round not penning a Sherman from 30m at any angle, for instance).

Oh, and nothing - and I mean nothing - annoys me more than stormtrooper syndrome: i.e, the enemies of the protagonist being the most incompetent assholes with a gun on the face of the earth. Common symptoms, as prescribed by Dr.Albus, include
  • -Waiting about 10 seconds to shoot at the protagonist.
  • -Refusing to aim at the protagonist.
  • -Missing shots while standing still and at point-blank.
  • -Having a mandatory, Ostheer approved IQ of 70
  • -Refusing to shoot at the protagonist when they have him surrounded and instead taking him as a prisoner and containing him in the most retarded way possible, usually by keeping him guarded by flailing babies without arms and keeping a gun next to the protagonist at all times.

Movies observed who have an extreme case of Stormtrooper syndrome include : Star Wars (Duh), Captain America (Don't even get me started on this movie), Inglorious Basterds (To an extent: The Basterds are never shown in combat but it takes some extreme incompetency to lose 700 men over the course of a few weeks to a single squad, something the Germans were far more likely of inflicting).

This is just my opinion. I'm not forcing it upon anyone but I do enjoy the good rant.
16 Aug 2014, 05:00 AM

Doesnt every country have this bias?
16 Aug 2014, 05:06 AM

The film takes place in the spring of 1945. The Germans were surrendering in droves by that point in the West. Besides the Ruhr pocket, the remnants of entire axis divisions and corps were disappearing and then being racked up on the rolls of US divisions.

BTW, the performance of the Wehr 'SS and Panzer' formations in 1944 was overall below average. The performance of FJ units were poor. This was not 1941 or 1942.
16 Aug 2014, 05:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 05:00 AMmorten1
Doesnt every country have this bias?

That's irrelevant. Just because every country at one point had slavery doesn't make it Ok. I know it's a strawman comparison but just because bias is common, doesn't mean it's good or enjoyable to watch (At least not by me).
16 Aug 2014, 11:15 AM

Inglorious basterds made fun about the movie watchers, if they are offended by it´s exaggerated racism. It´s the genius of Tarantino, throwing your own ignorance back into your face.
Fury doesn´t look like it has a deeper meaning, but just another america hero movie, which is indeed racist towards others.
16 Aug 2014, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 04:54 AMAlbus

Sure, the American Public may want to see this shit but I personally hated Inglorious Bastards (The only saving grace was the exceptional performance by Christopher Waltz). Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is mine. Although there's clearly a market for making extremely American biased war films, my brain automatically detests how unrealistic it is. Although I can suspend a certain amount of disbelief for any movie, the suspension of belief is simply too much given how much I've studied WW2.

It's not even the fact that I hate Americans, because I don't. I love America and I admire their scientific and economic contributions to the world (As of late, their political and military contributions have been questionable). I just can't accept the premise that a handful of soldiers can kill a much, much larger force of soldiers without sustaining any casualties what so ever and in an almost comical fashion (In the case of Inglorious B.). I'd have the same reaction if a German-biased film game out showing, say, a group of Falschirmjaegers absolutely annihilating whole squadrons of Americans and then doing the equivalent of teabagging their dead bodies (As was the case in Inglorious bastards). Like I said, in any movie I can tolerate a certain amount of bullshit but generally American war films take the cake (Tiger round not penning a Sherman from 30m at any angle, for instance).

I didn't particularly like Inglorious Basterds either, at least not as much as Tarantino's older movies (still better than Django I thought, which I really disliked), but I get the feeling that the movie was trying to make the Basterds as unlikable as possible. They basically made them look and behave like the 'bad guys' for a lot of the movie, and I think it's telling that most audiences still walked away with the mindset of 'Those guys were awesome!', even though they spent a good chunk of the movie killing and torturing prisoners of war, and mutilating them.

As I said, the most heroic character in the movie was probably the German officer, whereas the Americans for the most part were portrayed as monsters or barbaric.
16 Aug 2014, 13:47 PM

There are good movies out there such as the German movie (Stalingrad), I mean common the entire squad dies thank you Russian winter and sixth army staying put, but as in every case the Victors right history thus the society of those nations is brainwashed into thinking they are the superiors to all. So to have a movie full of realistic is going to be rare. What we need is an HBO series that mimics band of brothers and the pacific for the German side. Both those series were inept at having main characters shot and killed rather than surviving and being invisible (benefits of a biography)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★