Login

russian armor

RELIC LOOKING FOR MAP FEEDBACK!

1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 15 Aug 2014, 03:58 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey all,

Relic will be looking to make some targeted improvements to a few maps in the near future. Please post any feedback on anything map related in this thread. The more details the better and if you can provide screenshots or even vids that would be awesome. The purpose of this thread is to gather feedback on our current live set of maps. Thank you in advance for taking the time to post.

Eagleheart21
15 Aug 2014, 04:15 AM

Trois point is pretty annoying since the east side is far more favorable because of the placement of the middle VP. The VP should be easily accessible from both sides. Either make the bridge invulnerable and place it there or simply move some buildings so the west can fire on it from across the river.
15 Aug 2014, 04:28 AM

Scoot the South cut offs on Road to Kharkov down. They are Way to far away from the player, and thus Much easier to harass as the north player. The south player has to go all the way to the center of the map while the northern spawn collects his comfortably near his base AND all the important points (his fuel and munitions + two VPs).
15 Aug 2014, 05:09 AM

to make all the winter maps with blizzards better, you should A. make fires cost no man power or like 5 or, 10. 50 manpower is a bit much in a close game. B. make units not freeze while fighting, and make the amount of time before units start dying from exposure longer. It is very annoying when i am fight and i have to run from a good fight because my men start freezing, also if you are in a shoot out odds are you are going to stay warm. C. increase the range or fires. This way they are not call-in or arty targets. This will not punish people for just trying to keep your min in the fight and running back to your base just to keep them from freezing.

Moving away from the blizzard issue, I would also like the relic map team to spend a lot more time one maps that have been taken out of the auto matching system for all mach ups, then those that are already in the the auto matching system, making them more balanced again. THis would bring a lot more, much needed variety back to the game.
15 Aug 2014, 05:12 AM

Not sure if anyone else experiences this issue, but my loading times on winter maps are really long. My computer is quite fine hardware-wise, and I'm not sure what's causing this. Some performance tweaks on those maps would be nice.
15 Aug 2014, 05:14 AM

Ettelbruck Station should not be in the 4v4 rotation. It's just too small and cramped for 8 players.

I also feel the large 4v4 maps are way too big to be in the 3v3 rotation. Maps like Lanzerath Ambush, City 17 and Hill 331 are simply too big for 6 people.

I will also echo that Trois Pont is junk and favors zerging down the east island. Just blow the bridges and camp the VPs.
15 Aug 2014, 05:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 05:14 AMArclyte
Ettelbruck Station should not be in the 4v4 rotation. It's just too small and cramped for 8 players.

I also feel the large 4v4 maps are way too big to be in the 3v3 rotation. Maps like Lanzerath Ambush, City 17 and Hill 331 are simply too big for 6 people.

I will also echo that Trois Pont is junk and favors zerging down the east island. Just blow the bridges and camp the VPs.
Ditto on the 3v3 maps, but that has more to do with the lack of dedicated 3v3 maps. There wasn't a single map made for 3v3 in the entire WFA patch.
15 Aug 2014, 05:34 AM
Patrion 27

Capslock isn't cruise control for cool.

Definitely take Eddlebruck out of the 4v4 map pool. Also all three of the vp's feel skewed to the South spawn.

No one likes Lazur Factory, no one.

Please make more 3v3 specific maps.

This one is a long shot but how about a doctrinal or standard ability to build the watch towers with engineers?

15 Aug 2014, 05:55 AM

Remove Stalingrad from 1v1 and E station, Rehez winter from 2v2 forever, thank you.
15 Aug 2014, 05:58 AM

hill 311, too much mud, less joy, must ban.

Most map should be at least symmetrical around key resource point.
15 Aug 2014, 06:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The trees in the center of Road to Kharkov are really tall and make it hard to see units behind them, especially units in the road near the CP northeast of the middle VP. That area is red cover and I hate sending infantry in there because god only knows what's going to happen behind those trees without me being able to see it.
15 Aug 2014, 06:25 AM

Lienne Forest south seems to be much more favourable than North. The left VP is behind a fence for the top and there is a nice house overlooking it from the south.

The mid VP is much easier to defend as south since there is nice big field to spread out MGs, mortars, AT guns etc while the north have a big building in the way there and the train cars to slow down any units advancing from the north east of mid VP.

The right VP is also favoured towards south as there is much more space to place MGs and mortars etc with some green cover 'bunkers' whereas north has none of that (maybe 1 green bunker if I remember correctly).

Quite the imbalanced map I would say.

Ettelbruck is awful for 4v4, far too small.

Stalingrad is much more favoured for allies due to CQC and should be removed from 1v1 rotation.

Also, bring back Angoville! :D
15 Aug 2014, 06:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

15 Aug 2014, 07:18 AM

Stalingrad should be removed from 1v1 rotation. It's a horrible map that favors shock spam. Trois point should either be adjusted so that the central VP is easily accessible to both teams, or be removed completely.
15 Aug 2014, 07:21 AM

Please if you end up removing maps, please end up adding some more to take their place.

15 Aug 2014, 07:48 AM
Patrion 27

Please do not remove Stalingrad since I pretty much always win on it.
15 Aug 2014, 08:01 AM

Maps in 2on2 rotations which are not really suitable for 2on2 play:

Semoskiy summer
- With 4 players, this map becomes just too clustered with it's narrow chokepoints.

Trois point
- Same as Semoskiy summer, also sturmpio wire makes this map all hell to navigate.

Minsk pocket
- With 4 players, flanking becomes even harder with long flank paths of the map.

Crossing in the woods
- Too small for 2on2 play, rivers make the match always excalate into artyspam.

15 Aug 2014, 08:34 AM

• On Road to Kharkov, it's much, much easier to defend the middle VP from the northwest spawn. There's an abundance of cover walls that makes the middle VP incredibly easy to camp MG's on, meanwhile the southeast player(s) must try to break through two chokepoints, or else come from the left that has buildings the northwest player could camp an MG in, or from the right which basically has no cover.

• What happened to Langreskaya Winter? I see no reason why an already-made map just gets removed from the game entirely, rather than just the competitive map pool. It's odd.

• It is incredibly easy to barbed wire block the middle VP on Hurtgen Forest from the north spawn. I've done it multiple times and it completely shuts down early aggression from the south players. Especially if you're Oberkommando since reinforced wire can't be cut.

• Please, please make Langreskaya and Kholodny Ferma 2v2-compatible again in custom games. They're some of my favorite maps, but my friend and I can't do 2v2 custom games on them anymore. I can understand them being 1v1 only in ladder, but why custom games as well when they didn't used to be? I don't know why this decision was made, as it doesn't really change the game in a positive way.

• The recent changes to Kholodny Ferma are great. They open up a lot more flanking routes and it adds a lot to the map. Good work!

• I believe Kholodny Ferma is grammatically incorrect. I'm not a native speaker; I'm just a guy who has dabbled in studying Russian a bit so correct me if I'm wrong, but Ferma, or Ферма, is a feminine noun with the masculine form of Kholodny, холодний, describing it. It's like saying "la hombre" in Spanish. You may notice if you put CoH 2 into Russian language via Steam's language option that it is correctly written as Холодная Ферма in the map list. Transliterated into English, this would be read as Kholodnaya Ferma. This has been bugging me forever. Maybe Arclyte can confirm this, or just tell me I'm dumb. :P

• The fuel points on spring Semoskiy should really go back to where they were when the map was first ported to CoH 2 (and how it currently is in the winter version). Having fuel right next to the base makes the points nearly uncontestable and takes a lot of tension from the match.

• Please do not remove Crossing in the Woods from the 2v2 pool! People can always veto it, but I can't put it back into the pool! I'd be really sad if it went away, and I don't arty-spam, anyway.

• I hate to sound non-constructive, but Trois Point is honestly just bad. People in the north spawn always just bum rush the middle island and blow the bridges, turning into an campfest arty party. It's basically The Schedlt 2.0. I know that's like asking to completley redo the map, but making at least one bridge indestructible would at least help. Or at least not giving the island with the bridges 2(!) of the victory points.

• This is somewhat unrelated to maps themselves, but could you perhaps look into a way to sort maps in the lobby? One giant list is hard to navigate when you have a lot of workshop maps, as well as when the map pool grows over time without them. A popcap/resource income option would be nice as well, but only so I don't have to wade through trudges of terrible high resource garbage maps that people litter the workshop with, even remakes from the first game.
15 Aug 2014, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 08:01 AMZtormi
Maps in 2on2 rotations which are not really suitable for 2on2 play:

Semoskiy summer
- With 4 players, this map becomes just too clustered with it's narrow chokepoints.

Trois point
- Same as Semoskiy summer, also sturmpio wire makes this map all hell to navigate.

Minsk pocket
- With 4 players, flanking becomes even harder with long flank paths of the map.

Crossing in the woods
- Too small for 2on2 play, rivers make the match always excalate into artyspam.

Agreed completely. AlsoHürtgenwald could probably need some rework. It seems to me that the bottom team is heavily favored on this map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 64
Germany 22
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak